• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whoa, that is something!

Congrats on taking on the China.. that's really-really grand feat!

Congrats! Although I am somewhat saddened that it could be done, I am impressed nonetheless.

But i think, it is to easy to fight a war like this. No debts seems to less expensive.

Let me quote myself:

Myself said:
First you have to keep in mind V2 is not a historical simulation but a historic game. Then we'll have to agree no engine could ever represent unrealistic things like a mad player attacking an enemy with odds of 4 to 1 against. Winning this war had little to do with a fault on the side of V2 but more on the side of the player. If you want it a bit historical, just don't do things like this.

But, as I had the choice between boring the hell out of you by taking it all slowly or let the AI beat the crap out of me and entertain (while at the same time show how the AI fights) the choice was easy.
And yes, I think the AI fought quite well in this war. Their setup (defending the border with a few more reserves and some central reserves at the coast instead of only a massive linear reserve) might have been the only mistake by the AI so far but you saw how they defended quite well in the first year, smashed my armies a few months later and then gathered to strike deep into Korea while I was only saved by the timely arrival of my mobilized forces, which put the ratio on the front to something between 2 to 1 and 1 to 1. They had suffered horific losses too and I was now able to strike them with fresh troops and not beat these armies back like they had done with mine but destroy them instead.
Anyhow, long story short: if you want to do the unrealistic, you will get the untrealistic, even though it might be one hell of a funny game!

Someone appears to have misspelled "China" on that map.

Seriously though, congratulations and good job! Now the question is, how long can you keep it? ;)

Wow, that's one heckuva feat. Now to see what happens next.

Lets see if you can tame the dragon. ;)

Taking China is one thing, but can you keep it with high war exhaustion, infamy and revolt risk without getting left behind industrialising? Good luck I say :)

The balancing probably wasn't too far off, depending what the post-war situation is like. This should really set him back for years as he fights rebellions caused by rebellions, and tries to burn off infamy without the other GPs putting him in his place. It was certainly no easy war, and the AI wasn't a complete pushover either.

I dont know if it was answered before, but why do you still use the samurai sprite? ( I saw that chinese armies are normal soldiers with rifles)

Did you gain only 10 prestige for achieving this feat?

I'm curious to see what the downside to this massive conquest will be.

This scenario was a staple of late-19th century Yellow Peril literature once it became apparent Japan was a world power in its own right. The idea was China would be brought up to snuff technologically by its little Asian brothers, thus unleashing its immense military and economic potential. See Jack London's 'The Unparalleled Invasion', in which they 'solve' the problem using biological warfare.

Good job on this amazing feat, like others I'm a little disappointed it can be done at all, but you're likely a better player than I am and for every imperfect AI there's an imperfect human :D

Congrats!

I hope in 10 years it will all fall down to rebellion :p

Btw could you tell me what Chinese nations can you release as puppets? And if you are planing to release any?

Congrats!

I hope in 10 years it will all fall down to rebellion :p

Btw could you tell me what Chinese nations can you release as puppets? And if you are planing to release any?

Next chapter.

I must say, I never doubted your success! remember that!

More seriously: congratulations on the that huge success, i was never able to do it in vic1 and i doubt i'll ever try to again :p

I sure hope there are some releaseable nations in there.:D Congrats! Impressive.