• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But you have the ic to produce a lot, don't you? I would suggest to start 16 serials of interceptors. You need air supriority back, soon. Otherwise it will be the USA to demonstrate some new weapons against Stuttgart and Berlin. How much manpower would you need to bring all existing divisions back to 100%? You can use low strenght divisions for securing the coast. The bulgarians can do this job and get thereby a chance to regain their strenght.

Edit: Remove Paulus from his current assignment. It is a bug and by removing him you can use him in landbattles. Usually you would want to use CAS on Interdiction instead of Ground attack. This helps especially as a sort of counterattack against attacking land divisions.

sidenote: Took a little pause from studying to bring you this update (shhh! don't tell my lecturers :p )

Chapter 32: Theoretical Breakthrough
1 December 1944 - 1 January 1945

Hopes were high that the Soviets were going to be kept back the whole of the winter. The Soviets sent wave after wave of weak Soviet armies that were easily defeated by the now recovered German armies. Soviet losses were high in December.

ScreenSave0_zps39c9c576.png

ScreenSave1_zpsbbf9926d.png

ScreenSave2_zpsc1c72c7c.png

A little show of how Soviet troops are (left) vs. Axis troops (right)

The Hungarian troops are well dug in behind the river and just need to open fire with their machine guns against Soviets trying to cross the river.

ScreenSave3_zps79c57746.png

On December 19th a group of German scientists burst into Mr. H.s office, cheerfully explaining that they had reached a theoretical breakthrough.

ScreenSave3_zpsd3636dc8.jpg

Mr. H ordered that this bomb be developed as soon as possible.

Of course this brought fear that the Allies might develop similar technology. More and more focus was set on Aerial Supremacy. The Luftwaffe needed a comeback.

The last days of the year were not that full of incidents. The Soviets suffered more losses, while the Cabinet spent their Christmas/New years Holidays in Axis-occupied Cairo.

ScreenSave4_zps64961960.png

ScreenSave5_zps28e52e09.png

ScreenSave6_zps3cfc8956.png

As 1944 came to an end, Germany saw the arrival of the new year as a chance for further advance into Soviet territory. The troops were more than ready to push further as soon as all the snow melted.

ScreenSave7_zpsc348126d.png

Supply map of the Third German Empire

ScreenSave8_zps9f6b4ff2.png

The Soviets still lead the losses chart.

ScreenSave9_zps5a179a9d.png

German army of Terminators

1945 may be the year of victory. With each summer that passes, the Germans get one push closer to reaching their goal. The question is, how long will the allies stay idle? The War in Asia seems to be getting to an end. The Japanese are running out of time. So are we.

Cairo - 1 January 1945​

I would like to see screenshots of current production and current research. What does the mouseover on manpower say?

If you can't bust them open this year, your lines will surely crumble.

Why do you think so? The kill ratio at the eastern front hurts USSR more than they hurt axis. Italy has little problem to hold Africa. Japan may be a bit under pressure and germany must clear the skies from allied bombers permanantly. But in theory this could go on forever.

If you can't bust them open this year, your lines will surely crumble.

As a cool guy once said, (Ignore the chocking part of course. No one should ever be chocked :p )

[video=youtube;EsyzRUKwgng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsyzRUKwgng[/video]

EDIT: Sure Pang, I'll include it next time

Sidenote: Just come home from spending 24 hours writing a report in the university, so if it is too short/bad/wrong, forgive me :)

Chapter 38: Rommel returns home
1 January 1945 - 1 March 1945

As the new year arrived a yearly report was handed in to the cabinet.

ScreenSave0_zps76b0bd57.png

Manpower details

ScreenSave1_zps679e8cba.png
ScreenSave2_zps37d19ea0.png

Techs in development

January and February were relatively calm, with the Soviet offensives decreasing in frequency. Maybe it is soon time to restart the offensive.

ScreenSave3_zps373c10b9.png

ScreenSave4_zps24207cf0.png

ScreenSave5_zps9b2b88fa.png

ScreenSave6_zps0a0fdc46.png

ScreenSave7_zps0a0593fb.png

ScreenSave8_zpsddbc6b52.png

ScreenSave9_zps2a01dc5e.png

ScreenSave10_zps9bdf6d24.png

ScreenSave11_zpsa0de98ab.png

ScreenSave13_zpsbbe4c818.png

To help reach Air supremacy, all Interceptors got priority when it came to reinforcements and the weakest were rebased to inner Germany in order to recover strength far from the dangers of the Allied bombers. By February, some of them were once more patrolling the German skies. Unfortunately there is a long way to go before we can have aerial supremacy.

In the middle east the Story was different. A lot of Soviet troops had arrived, and although they were weak, Rommel was unable to hold them back.

ScreenSave12_zpsbd4d8dc8.png

Plans started being made to disband the troops and hope that the Italians would be able to hold the Soviets back. Italy had full control of Africa and could therefore concentrate on an offensive in the middle east.

ScreenSave14_zps34c0936f.png

A cabinet meeting was called to decide on a use for the manpower. Right now nothing was being produced. Some suggested more interceptors to defend our skies, while others argued that the men would be necessary to reinforce the troops during the coming offensive.
"We need those new fancy planes!"
"No! We need the men in the frontlines!"

The cabinet seems to be unable to come to an agreement on this matter. Luckily Mr. H. has the last word, and he doesn't care about what his cabinet think. Winter is coming to an end and this decision could prove vital in the outcome of this year. Will the Italians come to the rescue of Iraq? Will Syria fall? Will the Italians ignore the middle east, or be the ones that defeat the Soviets and declare Axis victory against the reds?

Cabinet Meeting, Berlin - 1 March 1945​

Many costly battles on Germany's eastern front, the German people are really taking the brunt of the war. I wonder how long you'll last with 0 manpower.
Italy have Africa, and all the worthless territory with it! But indeed as you say, Italy could turn the tide in the Middle East against the Soviets, this AAR gets more interesting with every post :D

Modern blitzkrieg is a 1947 tech, when did you start to research it? It is quite costly to start research more than 2 years ahead of time. But it is also too late to stop this research now.
Rocket artillery and tank destroyers are researched. Do you use any of them? I advise to use Art and SpArt instead and abandon research on rocket artillery and tank destroyers. Which technologies have you researched so far? 1945 Plastic will allow you to extract more resources and increase your effective ic. 1945 and 1947 techs for infantry might help to lower your manpower losses during battle significantly and 1947 Gar will be needed for defending shores. 1945 oil plant tech might allow you to fuel some additional armour(7 manpower) if you disband Inf(10 manpower) or Mtn(12 manpower). The brigades usually cost 2 manpower, but there are exceptions like Engineer(2.5 manpower).
Do you have the ic to use double ic for building divisions? That way you can minimize the manpower that is not in use. Unfortunatly this is not available for brigades.
What are these 39.5 manpower assigned on development projects?

I wonder how long you'll last with 0 manpower.

I would guess that there is no big manpower problem. Daily gain can approximatly compete with daily losses.

Modern blitzkrieg is a 1947 tech, when did you start to research it?
A while ago. Thought it may be a good idea to be ahead on land doctrine

Rocket artillery and tank destroyers are researched. Do you use any of them? I advise to use Art and SpArt instead and abandon research on rocket artillery and tank destroyers. Which technologies have you researched so far?
I have researched all infantry up to 1944. Armor & artillery are working on those 2 last projects from 1944 or before (all the rest is up to date). Naval I now do only what I get blueprints (because not necessary). Aircraft I think I need to do 2 more techs to be up to date.
Industrial I don't remember exactly. Think I'm a bit behind on radar and converter plants tech. Land I'm almost ahead (when I finish the modern blitzkrieg). Secret weapons is ok. Naval doctrines: I haven't been able to do more there. Air doctrine is a bit behind, but I'm working on it.

Do you have the ic to use double ic for building divisions? What are these 39.5 manpower assigned on development projects?
Yes and don't know yet. I'm thinking about it and will decide next time I continue the AAR

Mr_B0naparte: How long? Maybe 1000 years? I always stay optimistic :D

I would guess that there is no big manpower problem. Daily gain can approximatly compete with daily losses.
Indeed, I guess the USSR has a similar manpower increase as well (for historical reasons I hope it has more, but for Marshall's sake I hope it's relatively level with Germany).

Mr_B0naparte: How long? Maybe 1000 years? I always stay optimistic :D
That is a very good mindset!

Chapter 39: Dawn of blood
1 March 1945 - 1 June 1945

"We will produce 4 new interceptor divisions. The rest of the manpower will be necessary to reinforce our planes and help our armies in the coming offensive" - Mr. H.

The cabinet was satisfied with the decision.

As the days grew longer and the temperature started rising, the Germans started preparing for an offensive. Most German interceptors were operational once more, and actively engaging enemy planes.

The Soviets continued their attempts at a breakthrough but were unsuccessful.

Screensave0_zps54648d6c.jpg

ScreenSave6_zps4857cac6.png

ScreenSave7_zps372ddd67.png

ScreenSave8_zps8ddd369d.png

The new interceptors were set into production.

ScreenSave10_zps222c55c0.png

On the end of April, Germany started their offensive. The Soviets kept on attacking some Axis provinces.

ScreenSave11_zps7308d915.png

ScreenSave12_zpsb429a54c.png

ScreenSave13_zps2d402913.png

The offensive starts out great

ScreenSave15_zps22d36f29.png

ScreenSave16_zps799b7bf3.png

The Soviets are pushed further back

ScreenSave17_zps5ba4ed0b.png

German troops lose a lot of men and organization in the offensives

ScreenSave18_zpsf5df96f8.png

ScreenSave20_zps1387a789.png

Weak German troops are pushed back, but don't worry. We shall return to Bobraisk!

ScreenSave22_zps80ec6992.png

There are rumors that Iasi is now 5 meters higher from sea level due to the many corpses in the region.

ScreenSave23_zpsd698c1e0.png

ScreenSave24_zpseab49bcd.png

The first month of offensive has been a success, but it is clear that the advance will be small. Many factors force the Germans to keep to a slow advance. The Soviets are advancing into Iraq, and the Italians seem completely uninterested in helping our middle-eastern allies. Although we don't have full control of our skies yet, the improvement is clear. The amount of Allied bombers in the mainland have decreased since our planes started patrolling. The new interceptors will be of great help for the Luftwaffe.

"Alone and far removed from earthly care
The noble ruins of men lie buried here.
You were strong men, good men
Endowed with youth and much the will to live.
I hear no protest from the mute lips of the dead.
They rest; there is no more to give."

Berlin - 1 June 1945​

There are rumors that Iasi is now 5 meters higher from sea level due to the many corpses in the region.
Ha ha ha! :D

Besides: can't you afford to draw still some divisions from the Atlantik Wall? They could give you the required manpower to turn the balance in the East in your favor. Beware not to take too many of them, though... a war on two fronts is the last thing you'd need right now.

The more your troops advanceinto soviet territory the more your ESE decreases and the more the soviet ESE increases. Maybe you should try some static offensive instead. This means to chose some provinces you will enduringly attack from many different angles but you will not advance into them. Instead you turn them into a graveyard hoping to get a preferable kill ratio of 1:3, 1:5 or better.
Building only 4 more intereptors might prove insufficient. German AI usually builds a total of 40-60 Interceptors but still their defences are broken by US Airforce.

Building only 4 more intereptors might prove insufficient. German AI usually builds a total of 40-60 Interceptors but still their defences are broken by US Airforce.
Woa, is this by 1945 or earlier?

(yeah, I started to seriously worry about this as well thinking about my own TRM ongoing game, where I have nowhere near the amount of INTs hinted at by Pang... :wacko: )

Usually earlier. But i donnot have the exact time and the exact numbers at hand. My last handoffs game with nofog is a bit in the past. But one thing that needs to be remembered is that AI is unable to priorize reinforcements, there not reinforceing Luftwaffe due to lack of manpower. It is really sad that AI is that dumb.

Chapter 40: The fall of Axis Mesopotamia
1 June 1945 - 1 August 1945

During the first few years of the war, the Hungarian army had been a great disappointment. Luckily they had turned things around, and thanks to their legendary army, the Soviets were being drained of men in the South.

ScreenSave0_zps8bb48c14.jpg

Soviet offensives against Iasi in June-July

Meanwhile in the North the German troops continued their offensive, while trying to avoid counterattacks.

ScreenSave1_zpsafe441fa.png

ScreenSave2_zps603c3fa6.png

On June the 14th 1945, the Soviets annexed Iraq, and 2 days latter Syria surrendered to France.

ScreenSave4_zpsd6264fc5.png

ScreenSave5_zpse239137d.png

Due to the lack of Italian response to the Soviet offensive in the Middle East, Mr. H. organized a trip to Rome, where he would meet his ally and friend Mussolini and encourage Italian intervention.

The Germans continued their offensives although many of their divisions were already weakened.

ScreenSave6_zpsd9468172.png

ScreenSave8_zps1b819da8.png

ScreenSave9_zpscdb1a8b1.png

The Soviets employed all their force and managed to defeat the Germans in Bobraisk. A very expensive loss.

ScreenSave11_zpsa1fcfabc.png

ScreenSave12_zps2a801950.png

The Germans retreated while preparing for a counterattack.

ScreenSave13_zpsc2d55fc1.png

ScreenSave15_zps44b7b344.png

In an unbelievable display of force, the Soviets moved around 40 divisions to Mogilev, leaving many parts unprotected. The Germans had to abandon their offensive in Mogilev, but managed to isolate an army in Lida and destroy it.

ScreenSave16_zps3eafb25d.png

ScreenSave17_zps39a2efb3.png

ScreenSave18_zps664c7381.png

ScreenSave19_zps6209cf7b.png

All this movement had weakened the German armies and we were force to retreat out of Bobraisk.

ScreenSave21_zpsc43f8430.png

As the first of August arrived, the offensive was going forward. The current state of the German armies forced the Germans to consider stopping soon to recover forces.

ScreenSave22_zps31863edf.png

"Oh, gather 'round me, comrades
And listen while I weep;
Of a war, a war, a war...
where hell is six feet deep."

Rome - 1 August 1945​

Chapter 41: The fall of Kiev
1 August 1945 - 1 October 1945

Mr. H. visit to Rome was a success, with promises of an Italian intervention in the middle east.

The German armies decided to accelerate their advances. Next goal: Kiev!

ScreenSave0_zpsdf895a22.png

ScreenSave1_zps51f710cb.png

ScreenSave2_zpsbd7a4560.png

ScreenSave4_zps57372faa.png

ScreenSave5_zps12e1e3e3.png

ScreenSave6_zpse5d315d8.png

The Soviets pushed back in the outskirts of Kiev, but the Germans recovered their ground pretty quick.

ScreenSave7_zpse6bd756e.png

ScreenSave8_zpsb486fc7a.png

ScreenSave9_zps97bed298.png

ScreenSave10_zps88f6878a.png

ScreenSave11_zps90bf23cd.png

ScreenSave12_zps0bf21fe9.png

By the end of September the Germans occupied Kiev and were close to reaching the goal set last year.

ScreenSave13_zpse144e3b3.png

ScreenSave14_zpsae46a0e5.png

Some years ago, a very smart German strategist suggested pocketing and encircling the Soviet troops in Romania. This plan was set into motion.

ScreenSave15_zpsee449917.png

ScreenSave16_zps6bcf6d4f.png

By the 1st of October, the Germans were working on moving behind the Romanian Soviet lines.

ScreenSave16_zps6bcf6d4f.png

Good news also arrived from the middle east, that the Italians were pushing the Soviets out.

ScreenSave17_zps5ba0bdb1.png

Fate looks to be on the German side. The Soviets may not be able to fight on for much longer. As soon as the German army defeats the Soviets, we shall turn our eyes against the Allies.

"Nerves of steel and a heart of stone
Is what the Army recommends,
If you want to enlist
To be one of the fighting men."

Berlin - 1 October 1945​