• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, and of course the update was great. Shame we won't get to see another one soon.... :(

Now, let's make sure we spam-post off this page, for load times are getting too long for my taste.

If possible, I'd ask to please see, every now and then, how many resources you still have got (especially rares, supplies, oil and manpower - metal and coal aren't that important as I guess you still have millions of tons of them).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Chapter 28: Ianuarius
1 January 1944 - 1 February 1944

The Germans are running out of fresh recruits and won't be able to fully reinforce it's armies in a few weeks. Therefore an order was made to find a comfortable defensive position and stay put. There are whispers that Germany has been working towards a secret weapon that may turn the tide. Unfortunately this project has been going on for almost 10 years and it will be a few years before it's completed.

The Soviets went on with their offensives, draining the Axis of their last manpower. The valiant Axis soldiers managed to stand their ground every time.

ScreenSave2_zps05ebe762.png

ScreenSave3_zps7c48efd6.png

As a last production of units, 2 new Interceptors were set into production. If we want to recover, we need to have full control of our airspace. Nothing can drain us of manpower as much as enemy bombing.

ScreenSave4_zps1ebd1107.png

The Soviets kept pushing unsuccessfully, until they had a breakthrough in Zhitomir. Fresh German troops were sent to recover the province.

ScreenSave5_zps91fefe0e.png

ScreenSave6_zps31074ec7.png

ScreenSave7_zps62b54df5.png

By the 1st of February, the war seemed to be coming to an end. Mr. H. ordered a report on the current arsenal of the Germans.

German resources arsenal (1 February 1944):
Energy: 1670K
Metal: 576k
Rare materials: 47172
Oil: 37868
Supplies: 67314
Money: 274
Manpower: 14
The resource production is becoming stable thanks to our current production of conversion plants. We have enough metal and supplies to last an eternity, money and supplies are produced when needed. Rare materials and oil are on decrease, the conversion plants on production may help fix this. Our biggest problem: manpower.
Martin Bormann - Head of Government​

ScreenSave8_zpsb11ffe92.png

Soviets are unsuccessfully attacking our fortified Northern border. They are giving us a hard time holding on to Pinsk, Zhitomir and Vinnitsa. The Hungarians and Bulgarians in Romania might not last much longer either. Most of their armies are under 50% in strength. Germans are moving into Slonim and to secure Zhitomir.

The war has now turned into a defensive one. How long will we be able to hold the Soviets back? Even if they have a similar manpower problem, their army is still many times bigger than ours. If speculations are right, then our allies are having similar manpower problems. The future seems darker than ever.

Cabinet visit to the front lines, Jelgava - 1 February 1944​

You absolutely need CAS to pound those temporarily not entreched soivet troops that you defeat.

IIRC, the MP gain ratio is somewhere around 1:2 in the soviet favour, so you need to overshoot it.

You absolutely need CAS to pound those temporarily not entreched soivet troops that you defeat.

IIRC, the MP gain ratio is somewhere around 1:2 in the soviet favour, so you need to overshoot it.

All my bombers (including my CAS) are doing ground attack on the Soviets. Been doing that since the beginning of the war. :)

I'd set the TACs on log strike on the border provinces and one beyond if you are playing defensively, so the soviets have a hard time reorging. Better yet, create a small pocket of low infra provinces, and pocket them with breakthroughs, when you have the oomph.

There are whispers that Germany has been working towards a secret weapon that may turn the tide. Unfortunately this project has been going on for almost 10 years and it will be a few years before it's completed.
Are you referring to "da bomb"? In that case, have you been researching nuclear techs during those years, and how much have you advanced into that field?

Gen. Marshall:
All I have in the Atlantic coast are a few Garrisons. The only real army I don't have in the Soviet border is the one in Iraq. I would bring it back if I could, but I disbanded all my transports :p

Titan79:
Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell ;)

Chapter 29: Suicide mission
1 February 1944 - 3 April 1944

Recording of cabinet meeting, 1 February 1944 (Jelgava):
(...)
Werner von Fritsch (Chief of the Army): I suggest we disband the army in the middle east and use the manpower to reinforce our European armies. We could also use a high skilled leader as Rommel to help us in Europe.

Ernst Busse (Chief of Staff): Negative! Rommels army is the only thing keeping our enemies away from Suez. If Suez falls our whole Mediterranean coast would be exposed. We can't afford an Allied landing now.

Joseph Goebbels (Minister of Security): Plus his victories abroad are a morale booster at home. The ladies love the stories about Erwins (Rommel) bravery.

Adolf Galland (Chief of the Air Force): Specially with Magda (Johanna Maria Magdalena Goebbels)! Bet she would like a piece of him! Hahaha!

Joseph Goebbels (Minister of Security): Oh Shut up!

(...)

Mr. H. (Head of State): Our armies in the North are in full strength and fully organized. i want them to push the Soviets. The German army is far from defeated. It's too early to think defensively.

Martin Bormann (Head of Government): But Sir! Those armies are heavily protected by forts and AA guns, moving them could be deadly.

Mr. H. (Head of State): NIEN!! Germany never defends - Germany attacks! I don't care how many men we lose! Retreat is not an option. It's an order!

Cabinet members: Yes, Sir!

Mr. H. (Head of State): Werner, how is our secret project going? I am confident that it will greatly favor us in the war effort.

Werner von Blomberg (Armaments Minister): Our scientists are working at full speed. Expect results soon, Sir!

ScreenSave0copy_zpsdb854979.jpg

Leaked classified photo

Mr.H (Head of State): Gut! We have nothing to worry about. Dismissed!

(Cabinet leaves worried)

(...)

End of recording

Meanwhile in the middle east, Rommel was leaving up to his reputation. Although he wisely didn't make an advance into the Soviet territory he constantly supported Iraqi attacks and kept the Soviets our of Iraq.

ScreenSave1_zpsaaa30e92.png

ScreenSave9_zps8312a4ff.png

ScreenSave15_zpscb5915ea.png

In Europe, the Axis were struggling to hold on to the South and an offensive was set into motion in the North. More units were also deployed to the South because the Hungarian and Bulgarian armies were very low on strength and endangered the Axis defenses.

ScreenSave2_zpsd174dff9.png

ScreenSave3_zps3eb81522.png

The offensive in Slonim was abandoned and Bialystok was suddenly unoccupied. This proved as a perfect start to the offensive.

ScreenSave4_zps5d4667ca.png

In the middle of February the manpower pool reached 0. Now the reinforcement rate would be slower than ever. An order was declared that prohibited any river crossing offensives.

ScreenSave5_zps35430891.png

The German army reached Bialystok and started a very successful offensive in the north. Unfortunately, Zhitomir and Vinnitsa were lost in the process.

ScreenSave6_zpse0a2429c.png

ScreenSave7_zpsaf2156f7.png

ScreenSave8_zps3ac53cbb.png

ScreenSave10_zps86a4f9a9.png

ScreenSave11_zps092b0da6.png

ScreenSave12_zps2ff5c04c.png

ScreenSave13_zps37474495.png

ScreenSave16_zps7302cea3.png

Against all odds we managed to hold on to Romania.

ScreenSave14_zpsfbd6ab29.png

ScreenSave17_zps86f40b5b.png

Soviets pushing in the South and Germans in the North

ScreenSave18_zps829e6693.png

ScreenSave19_zps76443623.png

Chaotic Asia

Mr. H. had defied the fact that his army was in decline. With just around 1.5 of manpower increase per day, the Germans tried to slow down their defeat by attacking. After all, the best defense is offense ... isn't it?

Train back to Berlin - 3 April 1944​

Good AAR Marshall18. I'm impressed that your resources are holding up well.
German resources arsenal (1 February 1944):
Energy: 1670K
Metal: 576k
Rare materials: 47172
Oil: 37868
I usually run out of rares. Given that you are still hemmed in, I would have expected some shortages. Keep at it, and good luck, I think you will need it. The most exciting games are always when one is up against it.

Thanks guys, you are so nice :)

MagooNZ: You need to remember that I've built quite a few Energy-to-oil and Oil-to-rare materials refinery. I think oil won't be a big problem. I am slowly disbanding all fleet, my army is not that large and (for some unknown reason) Venezuela is still trading a lot of oil with me. I think the allies are not so interested in doing convoy raiding :p
Right now I just tackle the rare materials problem with refineries and as much trade as I can. I have so much Energy and metal that it's not that important to me what ratio of trade they give me (just give me resources) :D

Chapter 30: The fall of the Kingdom of Belgium
3 April 1944 - 1 May 1944

Many of our enemies wondered how our economy was kept going. The secret: trade and conversion plants. We imported rare materials from Italy, Japan, China and Brazil and our oil from Italy, Japan, Mexico and Venezuela. At this point it was easy to find something to trade for. There wasn't much to produce without manpower, so supplies and money were abundant.

01trade_zpsab8d4b07.jpg

There are a few mistakes in this map. Please ignore them. There is a reason why Germans stole artwork instead of making it.

The offensive in the north was still successful, and the armies in the south managed to hold the Soviets back for another 2 weeks.

ScreenSave2_zpsa54fc329.png

ScreenSave3_zpsfdc16f20.png

ScreenSave4_zpsdee0cc12.png

ScreenSave6_zpsfb475866.png

On April 13th, the troops in Stanislawow couldn't hold the Soviets back any longer, and started a retreat. Stanislawow must be the province that has changed hands the most in the last 10 years. Of course the Germans started an offensive to recover it again.

ScreenSave5_zps7e839a64.png

ScreenSave7_zps07673c08.png

The Soviets fought bravely for the northern provinces, but were defeated.

ScreenSave8_zps6224ade2.png

ScreenSave9_zps2c8fea1c.png

By the end of April Italy annexed the last remaining Belgian colonies officially declaring the end of the Kingdom of Belgium.

ScreenSave10_zpsf2a5e253.png

The Germans and Soviets kept trying to control Stanislawow. Unfortunately the Soviets used this as an opportunity to attack Tarnopol and defeat the weak German army there.

ScreenSave11_zpsed993951.png

ScreenSave12_zps06de7ba6.png

ScreenSave13_zpsa94dd66f.png

ScreenSave14_zps5f6d2dd8.png

ScreenSave15_zps831ff891.png

As the winter was over, battles became more frequent. The next few months would be vital in order to secure the Axis survival. Bulgaria and Hungary had moved their armies and were currently able to defend only 2 provinces, forcing Germany to cover a rather large front.

ScreenSave16_zpsd9369af0.png

Limited German advance, compared to the great price.

ScreenSave17_zps62a1a5f7.png

The axis are currently winning the war for global supremacy. How long will this last?

The icy lands have once again melted. The worlds eyes are turned towards the battlefields. But what the world doesn't see, is the back stage. Behind the scenes are cities and towns, families and friends. Most German cities are empty of men. Wives without husbands, daughters without fathers, mothers without sons. How many will be so lucky as to see them again?

Berlin - 1 May 1944​

Last edited: