• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ming can wait, I have to watch out for Lithuania. Plus I decided that I'll have a rematch with Mamluks as I disliked the way I... ehm... beat them. :(
But that won't be included in the next update yet that I'll post in... an hour or two.

In the beginning of 1580s Europe faced two major wars. One was between Austria and Poland, Denmark and Lithuania and the other between Burgundy and Venice over Southern Italy.

EU320080117145913EU.jpg

The Austrians did quite well considering they were outnumbered. They advanced deep into Poland which isn't surprising as the Polish empire had shrunk to a mere medium class power during the last decades. The provinces of Ersekujvar and Lublin were handed to the Habsburgs in peace and white peace settled the conflict with Denmark - again. The Lithuanians were more stubborn and kept on fighting.

But the real surprise was Venice's victory over Burgundy. Even though France had given Burgundy a nice beating just year earlier, they still had quite some armies lying around and they were rich.

Venice quickly advanced to Burgundy's French and German holdings after taking over Southern Italy and there wasn't much Burgundy could do. Surprisingly, instead of the both provinces in Southern Italy Burgundy owned, they only asked for Naples and with that two cities in Western Germany. Who knows, maybe this is just a strategic move and beginning for the Greater Venetian-Burgundian superpower.

EU320080117165933EU.jpg

Back to east and us then. Not much happened for us during the war in Europe , but in 1581 our independence guarantees in India were starting to pay themselves. Bihar ended in a succession war over the throne of Orissa witj Vijayanagar. Being helpful and honest people with unselfish goals, we decided to give them the helping hand.

It looks like all the Hindus in the world, that is the Far East, were divided. This is definitely a good thing for us.

EU320080117170104EU.jpg

We rush through the Bihari lands and end up sieging Dadra in the western coast of India. Meanwhile we get some great news. Our trusted military genius Fahd Karawi had become something resembling a national hero. We decided to have couple of feasts here and there to honour him. The people become happy and thus we decided to allow a bit more freedoms for our people.

khurastab.jpg

Bihar was doing well in the East. They fully occupied the state of Deva Bengal demanding their full vassalisation. But the luck didn't continue: the Islamic states in India saw this new war as a perfect opportunity to grab some land from the poor Bihar and thus declared war on them. We decided not to help them this time, if they pull really are such war-magnets we better stay away from them.

In October next year, when we were advancing southwards in India, we had more great news. A(gain) talented young man had arrived to the city of Multan! He was a master politician, a promising man for our future. We decided to replace our two stupid and worthless diplomats in the court with him and some talented diplomat no one had surprisingly wanted for a year...

EU320080117170949EU.jpg

But that was the last of the good news for now... somehow Vijayanagar had managed to gather up rather impressing amount of men and pushed us from Dadra. In fact, they pushed us all the way back to Bihar, from where we further retreated to our own holdings in India. Just at the same time Islamic states and Bihar accepted peace with each other and the province of Agra was ceded to Gujarat. Our Bihari allies were having tough times with their enemies and we just hoped the wouldn't do something stupid now like peace with the Hindus...

EU320080117171718EU.jpg

We quickly reinforce our armies, recruited all the able men from the Indian peasantry and headed once again towards Dadra. This time our massive armies won the battle and Dadra fell into our hands. We then started advancing southwards again, resulting into many great victories. We also sent men east to help our... allies and take over the central Indian holdings of Vijayanagar.

EU320080117171835EU.jpg

We have now driven the Hindus from northern India and have started sieging many strategically important forts. But in one battle, our divine leader faced his doom and the new leader doesn't look too promising for this war.

EU320080117172606EU.jpg

Right after this we gained a few cores in Anatolia and thus handed full citizenship for our Turkish brothers.

turkishaccepteculture.jpg

I like playing as Persia and I always find India nearly as bad as Ming - whoever is the major power just seems to have endless manpower!

Interesting war, what are you trying to get from it?

Fijj said:
I hope this isn't dead
it's only been a month, more likely is temporarily paused.

Fine I've been lazy and busy. :(
I thought I lost the screenshots although I have the save. Glad I did find them after all and can continue this (hopefully the save is 2.2 compatible, not tested yet but should be like other 2.1 saves).

Our cartographers found some more flaws from the current maps which allowed us to claim the province of Agra as part of our Sultanate. The Sultanate of Sind of course rejected such foolish claims but we'll show them!

EU320080117172539EU.jpg

We started full scale assault over northern India while some of Bihar's men did a landing to Vijayanagar's capital in the south. Although they were quickly pushed away from south it gave us enough time to stabilize control in the north.

Vijayanagar still has more men than we have, but out are better equipped and trained so our hopes for this war are high and so we move southwards.

EU320080117172806EU.jpg

As the international community is not happy of our expansions, especially in the rich Indian peninsula, we needed a reason to take land from them. Thus we transported some 250 Persian families to Goa, claiming it has always predominately Persian.

EU320080117173354EU.jpg

Our armies have done well, but the enemy looks stronger than expected. We were concerned of the new information about the size of Vijayanagar's armies, but then we came to a conclusion that these large armies were trapped in Indochina and not posing much of a threat.

EU320080117173605EU.jpg

The odd nation of Kazakh declared war on our Timurid allies, we're not sure why and what happened after that, but our experts believe it involved lots of blood, smoke and dead Kazakhs.
It was a glorious day when our men broke through the walls of Vijayanagar's capital and seized the royal palace. The Rajah had no other option but to accept our generous peace.

EU320080119123350EU.jpg

Meanwhile our honorable Timurid allies attacked the state of Delhi with hordes of cavalry. We of course helped them a bit. Delhi was vassalised and their northernmost province of Ladakh given to the Timurids.

Right after these events a thrilling war in Europe had begun. France crossed the border of Castille with the help from Aragonese troops taking over all of Iberia.

EU320080119123812EU.jpg

We can't let this go on for much longer and we might have to deal with the blue devil, but for now, our interests lie in East, in the Indian peninsula and Indochina.​

Good update, there's only one thing to say, MORE! :)

@Qorten - re your sig - Yes, Steven Erikson is the man, I've bought the last five books on their publication day!

France is doing very well, and is bulldozing Spain into the ground! uh-oh.