• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is funny!
One IC for Jebel Shammar, not even off-map IC! So pity! This makes Riyadh looks extremely enticing! Go, Emir! Go!!

atty: Blind people are surprisingly talented when it comes to Rock-Paper-Scissors.

soulking: A successful invasion of Nejd will happen some day, no doubt!

Grauuu:
Jesus Christ, how stupid can you be? And why are you still reading this?

Fireaxe888: Jebel Shammar has many secrets. ;)

Maj. von Mauser:
Gaining control of the Ottoman forces, keep dreaming.:D

Razgriz 2K9: A question asked for centuries, soon to be answered.

Asalto: Huzzah! Nothing like some good old revenge to spice up a cold Jebel Shammarian morning. :p

history dude: Anything is possible for Jebel Shammar. Anything!

Thundergate: The Emir will go as fast as he can, any IC, no matter the amount, means the world to him.

fenruski: Afraid you can't vote for this yet, as it was started after the 1st of July. And yes, the world will be conquered!

------------------------------

Chapter Six
War in the Desert.

Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid was holding a final speech for his soldiers. This was the final preperation. Finally the Jebel Shammarian people would get it's revenge against the bastards of Nejd.
As he made awkward movements to symbolise the Nejdians, the Emir was disturbed by his Black Shadow suddenly shouting for him.
"What is it Black Shadow? I am kind of busy right now. Hnnng!" The Emir did a particularily difficult and stupid pose. The men laughed.
"Remember when Italy invaded Libya?"
"That was ages ago Shadow!" shouted the Emir as he danced back and forth.
"Well remember when we allied the Ottomans?"
"How could I? That was the most difficult game of Rock-Paper-Scissors I've tried!" He started blurbing out funny phrases, to the amusement of his troops.
"Well Azuzi, remember how the Ottomans control Libya?"
The Emir stopped. "Wait are you saying..."
He took a sharp look east. The Italians were on the move, running directly towards him.
"Oh dear," whispered Azuzi. "I better prepare the men before it's too late.
"Eh... Soldiers of err... Jebel Shammar!" Just as he was about to begin, an artillery shell landed near the congregation.
The Emir, being the fast thinker that he was, readied his men and awoke their inner bravery.
"RUN! ITALIANS! SAVE ME!"

InvadingItalians.jpg

(Surprise of the century.)

The Emir started running off, not looking behind him for a second.
He finally asked his shadow how the fighting was going.
"Well..."

WinningItalians.jpg

(At least they tried.)

"WHAT!? Are you telling me this could very well be the end of Jebel Shammar then?" The Emir stumbled and fell head-first into the sand.
"Do not worry Azuzi. Our Ottoman allies will help us!"

As the Jebel Shammarian army finally reached Ottoman lands, word had reached them that the Ottoman army had held on to Jawf and was now advancing into the Italian stronghold in Damman, effectively defeating the drunk Italians.
The Emir rubbed his hands in delight. "You know Black Shadow, I think it's time."
The shadow nodded, understanding completely. "I'll start writing a declaration of war immediately."
"Remember to make fun of Emir Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud for me, will you?"
"Of course Azuzi."

As the hours went by, Azuzi sat on a hurdle, waiting patiently for his shadow to finish. Then finally: "I am done Azuzi! Want me to read it for you?"
"Yes," nodded the Emir, "please do."
The Black Shadow cleared his throat. "Ahem... Dear Nejdian dogs. Head of State, Head of Government, Foreign Minister, Chief of Staff, Chief of the Army, General of the Royal Desert Corps and Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid of Jebel Shammar has had enough of your silly smell, which reeks all the way to Jawf. We have therefore given ourselves the god-given mission to eradicate the nation of Nejd from the face of this planet. Azuzi-"
"Please don't write Azuzi."
The shadow started again. "Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid has on several occassion found the leadership of Emir Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud to be lacking and horribly Italian in nature. This is very bad.
Therefore, prepare for WAR.

Signed,
Armaments and Security Minister and Head of Intelligence Black Shadow
Head of State, Head of Government, Foreign Minister, Chief of Staff, Chief of the Army, General of the Royal Desert Corps and Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid
."

The Emir shed a single tear. "It's... It's so beautiful..."
"Shall I send the letter Azuzi?"
"Please do."

WarOnNejd.jpg

(Surprise of the millenia.)

"Ready the men, we are marching to Nejd!" shouted Azuzi.
"Sir!"

As the tired armies of Jebel Shammar, having only experienced defeat, begun their march towards Riyadh, they were joined by their dear Ottoman allies and their puppets to the west.
The combined forces met the Nejdian armies on November the 28th.

BattleForRiyadh.jpg

(The Final showdown.)

In the midst of the battlefield, two old enemies found each other once again.

4-3.jpg
5-3.jpg

(This time swapping positions!)

"Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud..." said Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid.
"Azuzi..."
"Don't call me Azuzi you bastard!"
Emir Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud let out a hearty giggle. (Yes, this Emir is still a real man.) "Face it Azuzi, you'll never take over Nejd and never take back Riyadh!"
"I challenge you to one final fight..."
"So be it." said Emir Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud, as he slowly removed his gloves. Prepare yourself.
Azuzi closed his eyes once more. Finding himself at peace with his inner soul. He breathed heavily. Once... Twice... And then the third time... ROCK!
Emir Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud stood there shocked. His scissors... Beaten. He should have known Azuzi would've taken the easiest one, the one where you don't even have to move your hand. He cursed loudly, then accepted defeat.
"You win this Azuzi. What are you planning to do with me?"
"We'll find out in due time, but for now, it's time to conquer your despicable nation!"
As the final Nejdians soldiers surrendered, the Jebel Shammarians charged forward.

RunYouBastards.jpg

(Run run run run run run run!)

The Black Shadow came up to Azuzi.
"I have some news for you. They are quite important."
"Speak!"
"The Ottomans have left our Alliance to join the Central Powers, we are now on our own."

OttomanTraitors.jpg

(Opportunities...!)

"So be it. As long as we reach Riyadh in time, this will not matter much to me."
"Actually... They've taken Rub Al Khali, the southern deserts."
"What!? How dare they take the promised lands of Jebel Shammar!? Trust me, we will retake these lands."
The men continued their Royal charge, with the Emir leading them forward. Finally, in January 1915, the impossible happened.

GreatSuccess.jpg

(I believe the impossible has happened for the third or fourth time now.)

A night of intense partying commenced in Riyadh, having finally reached their first objective. But what will be next for the Emir and his small nation? Where will Jebel Shammar go now? And what will the Emir do with Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdul-Rahman Al Saud?

WIth the help of allies, victory is possible! It is fortunate that the attack is complete before the Turks pull out! :)

Long live Azuzi, now the Lord of all the Arabian deserts! Down with Saud indeed.

You know, Grauuu, I've actually pondered for a day before posting this, because this might make the AAR ten times more funnier...but still, well, fine.

Saud bin Abdul Aziz, the head of state of Jebel Shammar is, like, 14 years old in 1914!
He was born in 1900 and made Emir in 1910! He must have been the luckiest 14-years-old-ever!
...oh well, he was assasinated by his cousin in 1920, so he was as well one of the unluckiest 20-years-old ever.
Here's a pic - you can make a leader picture for your AAR (and if you don't know how, some of the AARlanders might help you out).

saudalrasheed.jpg

P.S. All the information blatantly stolen off Wikipedia.

The face of mighty Azuzi was revealed! :D

Now we can actually see who is Azuzi and who is Black Shadow. ;)

The greatest post in the world.

:eek::eek::eek:

I must get to work immediately!
The fact that he is 14 years old just adds to the story, and he's been smashing drunken Italians since the age of 13. :D
I'll see if I can figure this out and add the picture in the game.

EDIT: I can get the pictures working when I start a new game, but not in the save game, any stuff I am forgetting to do?

EDIT EDIT: Got it done and pictures are now fully functional! :D
Will attempt to get around updating this AAR as soon as possible.

Last edited:
You're welcome, Grauuu. :D

As for the editing, you have to edit the changes into the save game itself. To do that, IIRC, you have to open the save file in your Notepad (it works, believe me!), and then copy-paste the stuff from the scenario you've edited (which you can also open in another Notepad to double-check) into the save file.
I hope I am making myself clear here, I'm not very good at modding either...

Something about stealing Al Saud's camera? And forcing him to take a picture?

And a glorious victory.

soulking: Yes! Mecca is surely an option and Jebel Shammar now controls an amazing 3 IC. Steadily growing in power.

history dude: Nobody can stop Azuzi and soon the world will bow before his feet! Victory is certain!

Thundergate: I was afraid I would lose everything for a second there actually, but those blasted Turks were too slow. :D

FlyingDutchie: Way down! :D Now being kept in the prisons of Jebel Shammar, he shall rule no longer!

fenruski: Ha! Azuzi wants your money just as much. :p

ColonelIronboot: Again, thanks for everything Colonel!

Asalto: About time, it was getting more and more confusing.

Maj. von Mauser: :p And a glorious victory indeed.

-------------------

Chapter Seven
The chapter in which the fourth wall is carefully assembled, then smashed into a thousand pieces, as Grauu starts insulting his readers.

You find yourself in a vast desert, terribly alone. You don't know how you ended up here, but you decide to just go with the flow. You let out a loud burp because you got no manners.
In the blink of an eye, you notice some riders have come closer. Riding full speed towards you. One of them is carrying a mighty banner.

JebelShammar.png

(This awakens an almost inhuman fear deep within you.)

You start screaming, screaming a lot actually. Come on man, have some self-respect!
You start running around in circles, hoping for this nightmare to end.
Panicing doesn't help though, and as the riders arrive at your location, you can hear them laughing at your feminine behavior. Good job hero!
There must be at least 6 of them, armed with a crazy assortment of gear. You are not sure, but you think one of them is actually armed with some cooking gear.
"Come with us stranger." yells one of the riders.
You decide to:
Option 1: Attack them with your bare fists. Turn to page 1.
Option 2: Agree and go with them. Turn to page 2.

-------------
Page 1.

As you pummeling the nearest camel with your bare fist, one of the soldiers closes up on you and smashes your skull with a frying pan.
The last thing you see before your sight darkens is the laughing soldiers, getting ready to pee on your body. Damn this new generation and their pranks!
Start over.

--------------
Page 2.

You find yourself with no choice but to accept and fall to your knees, crying: "Fine, just don't hurt me!"
The soldiers, clearly not impressed with you, decide the safest thing is to rope you up and put you on the back of one of the camels.
They also decide to cover your mouth, so you can't cry during the trip.
You lie on the back of the camel for at least 10 minutes, way too much for a pansy like yourself. As you are dragged down from the animal, more troops gather around you. You look around and see you are inside a city.
"We don't like your kind around here." says the nearest of the soldiers as he starts pushing you inside a building.
"And you'll learn not to like us." says another, in a very cool tone. Much cooler than anything you could muster.
You are pushed into a prison cell and the door behind you is locked. You sit down and start crying. You always cry.
You had to think of something, and think of something quickly!

Option 1: Attempt to eat your way through the metal. Turn to page 3.
Option 2: Try to trick the guard into thinking you are a person of political importance. Turn to page 4.

----------------
Page 3.

As you attempt to bite through solid metal, your teeth fall out. The intense bleeding causes you severe pain and you soon contract several rare diseases causing explosive diarrhea. You die soon after in your shit-covered cell.
Start over.

---------------
Page 4.

You call one of the guards over. He looks at you, "what is it?"
You clear your throat, hoping your(barely existing) rhetorical skills will save you. "You might not know this, but I am in fact a diplomat! You have all made a mistake."
He stares at you, then asks: "Oh yeah? Well from what country are you?"
Oh dear, you didn't expect these kind of questions. You start sweating heavily. You've got to think fast!
You decide to tell him that you're:
Option 1: "Why, I'm Italian!" Turn to page 5.
Option 2: "Why, I'm British!" Turn to page 6.

--------------
Page 5.

Upon hearing you mutter the word Italian, he beats you to death with a chair. Good job there genius.

--------------
Page 6.

He takes a second look at you, then gives in and opens the cell. "You better be telling the truth."
You sigh in relief and attempt to sound the most British you possibly can: "Why of course, jolly ol' chap, mate, chapmate, ho ho ho!"
He stares you down and you let out a small whimper. He drags you along with him towards the largest building in the city.
"You will be meeting with the Emir then, he will want to know about this."
To strengthen your Britishness, you decide to scream out some more. "Blimey!"
The people on the street simply look at you, clearly thinking you are an idiot. And just how wrong are they?
You smile nervously and continue to walk right behind the guard. You decide it's best not to cause further trouble and stay quiet for the rest of the small trip.
You suddenly find yourself in the chambers of the Emir, as the writer got too lazy to write about the entire walk up there.
Before you sit, you see the Emir, seemingly speaking with his own shadow. Finally someone just as crazy as you!
You were told to call him by his full name or face his certain wrath.
You let out a cough and get ready to greet the Emir.
You just need to figure out just what to say, after some careful thinking, you finally decide to go with:

Option 1: "Greetings Azuzi!" Turn to page 7.
Option 2: "Greetings Head of State and Government, Foreign Minister, Chief of Staff and of the Army, General of the Royal Desert Corps and Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid!" Turn to page 8.

---------------
Page 7.

Upon hearing the name Azuzi, the Emir quickly tells his shadow to beat you up.
You cry heavily as you are beaten up by a freaking shadow. That should not even be possible, you pansy!

---------------
Page 8.

The Emir turns away from his shadow and looks directly at you with an amazing manly and dreamy look.

saudalrasheed.jpg

(Boy, what an Emir!)

You bow before him, feeling highly inferior to him.
"Ah, I've been awaiting you reader!" says the Emir.
You look around confused for a second, then decide to ask.
"Awaiting me? How'd you know I was arriving?"
"Grauuu told me!"
One of the walls of the building suddenly collapsed. "There goes the fourth wall. Again."
"So what exactly do you need from me Emir?" you ask, deciding to ignore the sudden collapse of the wall.
"Well, you see. Jebel Shammar is in trouble and I can't quite figure out what to do next. Here, come take a look at these maps of both the Western, Eastern, Italian fronts and also of the current situation of the Arabian Peninsula."

(It's map time!)

"First, the Eastern Front:"
EasternFront.jpg

(Hmm.. Yeah, that looks pretty standard.)

"And then there's the western front:"
WesternFront.jpg

(Alright Germany, you clearly suck, but hey, it could be worse, right?)

"And finally... The Italian Front..."
ItalianFront.jpg

(Okay, what the hell have you guys been doing? It's the Italians for God's sake!)

"Then there's our Ottoman dominated surroundings:"
JebelShammarandthatstuffaroundit.jpg

(At least someone is doing alright.)

"So," continued the Emir. "I ask you, dear reader. What should Jebel Shammar do now? Where is the step forward? It is now up to you!"

You give it a long thought, then decide to...

Last edited:
Establish yourself as Sharif of Mecca and the clear heir to the Caliphate following the inevitable Ottoman collapse. The Sick Man's friends look pretty wobbly just now.

Well, your highness, I would like to see a more detailed map of Ottoman operations. Beating the shit out of some drunk Italians and backwards Omanis is one thing, but how are they doing against the British and Russians?

Your highness must provide more background information...

Did not know enought of 1914 scenario to comment. But Ottoman is gonna get sicker soon, right? Just stab your former buddy in the back when she is down and reclaim back the arabic lands! Your is still THREE? I guess manpower is no better too. Options are very limited!