• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Asalto: A hard blow for both the nation, but also the individuals. :( So sad.

history dude: Ahh... Pure undying loyalty. We must push on indeed! For Jebel Shammar!

------------------

Christmas Special Part 7

The Emir was sitting alone in his palace. He had rid himself of the many shadows, as they slowly became more annoying.
He sighed. Wondering if he had made the right decision.
He felt closed in, uncomfortable. He needed to go outside for a bit.
He left the building and started walking, thinking...

[video=youtube;vkkbY5TrnA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkkbY5TrnA4[/video]
(Yes, I messed up the quality, but YouTube decided to reject five previous attempts at uploading, so I said feck it, low quality, less time.
Also: Al Saud is a cold steel rail, don't ask how that works.)

history dude: Or perhaps the Shadow will find the Emir? ;)

guy_montag: Glad you liked the video. I'll admit I rushed through it a bit, considering the length.

------------------

Christmas Special Part 8

Having taken a long walk, Azuzi was once again back in his palace in Jawf.
He sighed and looked at the christmas decorations, considering removing it all from his sight.
Then suddenly, he heard a knock on the door, and then another!
He rushed to the door, opened it up, and what he saw surprised him like nothing else.
"Shadow!" exclaimed the Emir, who quickly hugged his old friend.
"I know I'm banished, but... I had to get back one last time. Can you forgive me Azuzi?"
"No no Shadow! Can you forgive ME?"
The two looked at each other, as tears of joy showed themselves.
"Come on inside!" The Emir pulled the Shadow inside the palace.
"Guards!" yelled the Emir, "get Camel in here!"
A couple of men quickly went outside to get the animal.
"Hell..." continued the Emir, "get all the camels in here!"
"And you, my dear palace guards, you can join us as well!"

There they sat on christmas eve, finally together as friends once more.
In the company of guards and camels, in Jebel Shammar.
And so yet another year had gone by.

[video=youtube;bLdDHZFTPeE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLdDHZFTPeE[/video]

And now I need a break. Merry christmas.

Haha, great videos! Have a nice holidays!

A classic tale of loss, betrayal, forgiveness and redemption. What more could anyone ask for?

guy_montag: And I did enjoy my holiday! What was that, two months ago now?

Asalto:Glad you liked the videos! Though YouTube seemed to dislike my choice of music. :(

El Pip: I'd name something, but it'd probably sound inappropriate. :p

------------------------------

It will die repeatedly on it's long journey towards completion, but it will eventually get there, I promise.
-Grauuu promising silly things to the readers regarding this AAR.

Chapter Fifteen
A retrospectical look on the world of 1918, while the style of the story quickly transcends back into that of times long past. Yes, that title did look very impressive to me as well.

Emir Saud ibn Abdul Aziz Al Rashid sat in his palace in Jawf.
What a magnificent place he has found himself to be ruler of.
With resources at a decent level, a practically non-existent but proud population and a powerful army in comparison to other Emirs, the Emir found himself in a place somewhere between heaven and hell.
We call it Jebel Shammar.

"Azuzi." A nicely dressed Black Shadow entered the room. The Emir took a quick glance up, then continued smoking on his water pipe.
"We have more reports from Europe. We can now fully piece together what have happened in the last year." continued the Shadow.
The Emir sat back in a moment of complete relaxation, then looked up.
"Tell me."
"We suspect the Central Powers might have gone mad at some point."
Azuzi led out a short sigh.
"What did they do?"
The Black Shadow pulled out a couple of pictures.
"As you can see, it appears the Germans was able to break through the Allied lines in Italy."

FFF.gif

(Northern Italy... or wait, now it's Southern Germany. Back to Italy again. What is up with these moving images!?)

"That's... different." commented the Emir. "Any good news?"
"Yes actually! We managed to construct a brand new naval base and with it a transport ship, Jebel Shammar now rules the waves!"

JebelNavyTimeBaby.jpg

The Emir sat up, as if he had been hit by lightning. "We have that already!?"
"Why, of course. We even named our transport ships a name, which I think you will find most pleasing!"

TheCamels.jpg

(Why it's...)

The Emir cried a single tear as he continued. "It's... It's beautiful..." His body almost collapsing under the extreme feeling of happiness. "Anything else I should know of?"
"We also managed to expand the army, leaving us with an impressive three divisions, and we're working on a way to recruit truly professional soldiers. But if you wouldn't mind Azuzi, I'd like to move on as there's definitely something else you should know."
"Go on." sobbed the Emir, still overcome with happiness.
"Well, you remember the German invasion of Italy? Despite their success, it seems that they couldn't handle the pressure and... well."
The Shadow pulled out another picture.

GermanyIsOut.jpg

The Emir looked upon the picture puzzled.
"Are you telling me that-"
The Shadow quickly pulled out more pictures.

ByeWW1.jpg

ByeAustria.jpg

OhDear.jpg

"Yes."

"Wait wait wait..." continued the Emir. "How does the Middle East look now then?"
"I'm glad you asked Azuzi, you see..."

TheNewMiddleEast.jpg

(Jebel Shammarian orange, a very popular colour in the Middle East.)

The Black Shadow continued. "The British and French are now mostly in control, except for Yemen and Kuweit, which remains under the control of the Ottomans."
The Emir looked blindly into the air for several seconds, then slowly started muttering: "Shadow... We had a navy, correct?"
"Correct."
"And the Ottomans only control Kuweit and Yemen, correct?"
"Correct."
"And there's no way to march from Yemen through the southern Jebel desert... Correct?"
"Again, Correct. What are you getting at Azuz-"
"INVADE, THIS IS OUR CHANCE! WE SHALL FINALLY RULE THE MIDDLE EAST!"
"Please tell me you're joking."

Ohyes.jpg

(Oh hi there declaration of war screen, have I missed you!)

The Black Shadow stood blindly in the room for a minute, then silently left as Azuzi continued plotting and dreaming of the future while screaming frantically.
Yes, this could only turn out good.

Just wanted to say I've started reading the first few updates and they're great! I'm not sure how far you are at the moment (still reading) but I LOVE AARs with smaller nations. Good job!

nice to read you again!
now it's time to crush those turks.. and then crush the british, arabia must be unified! XD

regards
guy montag

p.s.
you're making me be late on work :D

Zeldar155: Camels always bring victory! :D

Maldorians: Good to see a fellow lover of small nations! Hope the AAR will keep you interested!

history dude: Very slowly in fact, but hey, I'm trying here!

guy_montag: Arabia must come under Jebel Shammarian control, no matter the cost!

------------------------------

Chapter Sixteen
The war will start any minute now.

"Where's my damn newspaper..." complained an old, crooked man. Around him was his home, his productive business. Yes, he was the proud owner of a sand farm, producing plentiful amounts of food for the people of Jebel Shammar.
"Honey, have you seen my newspaper?" yelled the man, as he continued to look around for it.
"I don't know, ask the kids!" was yelled back. He let out a loud sigh, then started yelling again.
"Stereotypically Named Kids, get over here!"
Three young boys rushed towards the house, hoping they were not in trouble, and should they be, that they could get it over with fast.
"Where's my newspaper Kids!?" he asked one the children.
The oldest of the three then took a step forward, handed over a newspaper and started ranting. "You know, if you haven't named us such bad names, we'd treat you better old man! All the other kids make fun of us!"
"Shut up Stereotypically. Now scuttle off kids, dad needs complete quiet when he reads."
The kids ran off again, one crying, as the old man sat in his chair and started reading his favorite newspaper, the Middle Eastern Times.

MiddleEasternTimes.png

(Yes, I am in fact just prolonging the time until I have to write about the war.)