• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Foreign and Military Policy of New Democrat Nominee Michael Jamous as Well as His Stance on the Situation in Cuba

Fellow Americans and potential voters, I come before you today to state what I would pursue both militarily and in foreign affairs and my stance on the rebel movement of our citizens to the Spanish colony of Cuba.

Foreign Policy: I will seek to increase our good relations with Great Britain, promote good relations between us and several nations on mainland Europe (Prussia being one), continue to expand our influence into the Pacific Island Nations and Asia (Japan being one), and the continued enforcement of the Monroe Doctrine

Military: My adminstration would immediately disband the consript units of the Union army and reinstate the previous volunteer army. We will quickly allow any former Southern units that have not been convicted of crimes during the war to join back up into the army and surve their rightful constitution. We shall pursue a large modernization program of the Navy and begin construction of a large deap sea port and drydock at the Pearl Harbor in our newly acquired state, Hawaii.

Cuba: I would seek to avoid confrontation with the officials in Cuba over the possible movement of U.S. citizens by rebel ships to the Spanish colony. Though if the situation breaks down at war to remove our citizens becomes the only option, then I will pursue it with all the strength the United States military can provide and safely return our citizens to U.S. territory. ((Even if they are not leaving the island *hint hint*))

Last edited:
Welcome Mr William VIII. My factories have done much business with your trading company and I am pleased to finally meet the man responsible. Even with the your vote going to my opponet, Senator Howard, I hope we shall be able to work together and be bring the great growth and prosperity that our nation had prior to the war. It is men like you and me that shall be able to help rebuild the shattered economy of the South.

Alaska can only be purchased after you sign a peace with the CSA, and that's going to take until May 1861.

THE HUNDRED MILES
Chapter 4: The Unexpected Inaugural of Jeremiah Williams

On the evening of December 23, 1857, Senator Williams was sitting in the study of his Washington, DC home, smoking his pipe and reading, when he was interrupted by a knock on the door. “Senator Williams, Mr. Thomas is here to see you urgently”.

Williams wondered why his personal secretary Joseph Thomas would make an unexpected visit at such a late hour and a sense of foreboding came over him. Thomas entered the study, closed the door behind him and said he had grave news. He informed Williams that President Cameron had been assassinated by a southern radical named Harme.

Williams erupted in anger and threw his glass of whiskey into the fireplace. He could not speak and walked over to the cabinet. He poured two glasses of whiskey and handed one to Thomas. Williams lifted his glass and said “to President John Cameron, a great president and an even greater man” and downed his drink in one gulp.

It now dawned on Williams that not only was the President dead but that he as Senate President Pro Tempe was next in line. Williams always had ambitions of one day being president, but was suddenly overwhelmed by the responsibility he was about to take on and almost collapsed before Thomas helped him to his chair.

Thomas informed him that “you are expected at the White House to be sworn in as soon as possible, the Chief Justice is on his way, I have a carriage waiting out front”. Williams closed his eyes, took a deep breath and suddenly stood up, said “let’s go” and walked out of the room. He realized that his nation needed him to be strong now more than ever and vowed that those behind the assassination would never succeed in tearing the nation apart under his watch.

Last edited:
((Not to rain on your parade or anything, but wouldn't William VIII be William III, King of the Netherlands? William III never had any children, the throne of Britain was passed to Anne, and the stadtholdership of the Netherlands passed to William IV, who was the somewhat distant nephew of William III. Unless some rather distant relative who for some reason moved to the United States decided to name their kid that...))

((Of course, this is coming from my somewhat vague knowledge of the history of the House of Orange, not to mention the complexities of royal lines and whatnot, so I could be talking out of my ass for all I know. Feel free to correct me if I am.))

Last edited:
Welcome Mr William VIII. My factories have done much business with your trading company and I am pleased to finally meet the man responsible. Even with the your vote going to my opponet, Senator Howard, I hope we shall be able to work together and be bring the great growth and prosperity that our nation had prior to the war. It is men like you and me that shall be able to help rebuild the shattered economy of the South.

Thanks you for the welcome and I am certain we will be able to work together. We are a very industrial party. With your factories, my trade company and Mr Howards textiles we could control alot of the American Econemy.

William VIII Orange
Senator of Pennsylvania
CEO of the Atlantic trade Co

((Not to rain on your parade or anything, but wouldn't William VII be William II, King of the Netherlands? William III never had any children, the throne of Britain was passed to Anne, and the stadtholdership of the Netherlands passed to William IV, who was the somewhat distant nephew of William III. Unless some rather distant relative who for some reason moved to the United States decided to name their kid that...))

((Of course, this is coming from my somewhat vague knowledge of the history of the House of Orange, not to mention the complexities of royal lines and whatnot, so I could be talking out of my ass for all I know. Feel free to correct me if I am.))

((Ssssh, I didn't do alot of research. Lets just say it was a secret son of William III lol. Play along :) ))

(You leave a thread for a few days...)

I can see that no Republican has a hope to beat the incumbent, so I shall not even try to persuade anyone to vote Bachmann. Any odds to accuse the lot of anti-antisemitism and get a pity vote ;-). The president is a man of similar philosophy to myself, and I would not be totally displeased in his election over a Democrat.

(My ability to be present currently has been hampered by the release of an almighty text, one which will not be written for many years after the time-line of this AAR.).

Vote Bachmann!

As work is beginning on the General Khur memorial. I would like to propose a memorial also be constructed to President Cameron. He was the first to be elected three times to president and also gave his life serving his country. I ask Congress to take this suggestion under consideration.

President Williams

I don't think any of us would object to such a thing. I would also like to propose that a these two memorials be united with a memorial be made to honor the dead on both sides from this war, to symbolize the first, and hopefuly the last, time American fought against American on the field of battle, perhaps a national cemetery at one of the most costliest battle sites during the war?

Primary season.

PS. By the counts I have pre-deletion and closing:

Callahan:Vandrove = 1:2

I can't find the second vote for Vandrove. As far as i'm aware we're still tied.

I can't find the second vote for Vandrove. As far as i'm aware we're still tied.

Well, in the deletion of 30 posts, a lot of the votes there were erased. :( All I know is that I had it at 1:1 when I saw that vote for Vandrove, and a faint memory of the vote.