• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
=================================

Against AI, you can do everything. Even conquer the world with yougoslavia or romania.

Well I still can't win with Germany even though I have followed hints from this forum. Please explain in more detail what you do in order to do so; France always appears to be way too strong to be able to be conquered...e.i. I need more detailed hints about to build up and how to respond to events..:)

Pretty much so. Best strategy is to kill them until they are dead. Then you kill them again.
Precisely, the key to victory is winning.

It's a big topic, zero, so I'll confine myself here to your problem with France. There the best favour you can do yourself is to understand just what you're chasing in terms of victory conditions.

To defeat France you don't need to defeat the French army but simply to control Paris and 35% of her metropolitan provinces. To do that all you really need to do is make one penetration and push enough ARM and MOT divisions through it to rush Paris and run riot in the hinterland. I find I can do that comfortably with 5 armoured and 3 motorised divisions - provided I keep them fresh for the thrust and not wear them down in assaults better conducted by infantry brigaded with artillery anyway.

Different players will locate the point of penetration differently and find different ways of pinning down the French forces massed behind the Maginot. I like to punch through Antwerp-Brussels-Lille and keep the major French forces busy by enticing them to attack my West Wall, but there are dozens of variations you can try and you're bound to find one that works for you.

What's French for 'persevere'?

It's a big topic, zero, so I'll confine myself here to your problem with France. There the best favour you can do yourself is to understand just what you're chasing in terms of victory conditions.

To defeat France you don't need to defeat the French army but simply to control Paris and 35% of her metropolitan provinces. To do that all you really need to do is make one penetration and push enough ARM and MOT divisions through it to rush Paris and run riot in the hinterland. I find I can do that comfortably with 5 armoured and 3 motorised divisions - provided I keep them fresh for the thrust and not wear them down in assaults better conducted by infantry brigaded with artillery anyway.

Different players will locate the point of penetration differently and find different ways of pinning down the French forces massed behind the Maginot. I like to punch through Antwerp-Brussels-Lille and keep the major French forces busy by enticing them to attack my West Wall, but there are dozens of variations you can try and you're bound to find one that works for you.

What's French for 'persevere'?

Thanx - will try to follow your advice! In French it is "persévérer" - why?

Hmm it still isn't working for me - going thru Switzerland I get into France when Netherlands, Belgium, Russia and a communist Romania attack me, and it is game over. Maybe U guys are trolling me when U say that winning with Germany is possible :eek:hmy:Do U build up some industry before U start building units at all?

Hmm it still isn't working for me - going thru Switzerland I get into France when Netherlands, Belgium, Russia and a communist Romania attack me, and it is game over. Maybe U guys are trolling me when U say that winning with Germany is possible :eek:hmy:Do U build up some industry before U start building units at all?
I always spam IC until 1938, then put everything into INF, MOT, and ARM. In the screenshots, I have 2 corps of 3 ARM and 1 corps of 4 MOT. I use them, with a lot of INF as well as an HQ, to go through Luxembourg and straight to Paris, then to Le Havre to encircle a lot of French. Make sure you have INF to support the penetration, especially around Reims and Sedan, to ensure your armor doesn't get encircled itself. Of course, Romanian and Hungarian allies are a huge help, especially at guarding against the Maginot line, which the French sometimes attack from. Although with a Communist Romania that may be difficult.
OyVAAm1.png
6XyEaNv.png

I always spam IC until 1938, then put everything into INF, MOT, and ARM. In the screenshots, I have 2 corps of 3 ARM and 1 corps of 4 MOT. I use them, with a lot of INF as well as an HQ, to go through Luxembourg and straight to Paris, then to Le Havre to encircle a lot of French. Make sure you have INF to support the penetration, especially around Reims and Sedan, to ensure your armor doesn't get encircled itself. Of course, Romanian and Hungarian allies are a huge help, especially at guarding against the Maginot line, which the French sometimes attack from. Although with a Communist Romania that may be difficult.
View attachment 124220
View attachment 124221
How did you got Romania and Hungary in axis ?
Everytime i play Hungary enter when i invade Yugoslavia and Romania when lost her territory.

Hungary will join Axis if you give them Slovakia.

View attachment 124220
View attachment 124221

I would also like to know if U don't produce any military units at all until 1938?

Thanx IGGEL - which things do U spend money on: Diplomatic campaign? Infrastructure? And what do U do to help keeping IC as high as possible apart from building factories?
tech trading certainly helps with money, which I often use for diplo campaign or raising intel level. Sometimes tech. As for IC, just try to be on time with events that raise the efficiency. When building IC, you'll want to start with having a lot built in Berlin as well as a few in the surrounding provinces. As more IC becomes available, build more, making sure to balance production, consumer goods, and upgrades as necessary.

Also for diplomacy, I always give Slovakia to Hungary. Usually Bulgaria is the first to join the Axis if you get them up to 200 with influence or diplo campaign. Next is Yugoslavia which will drop out of the Axis as soon as the war starts, but that lets you invade them later. Romania should have a high chance of joining if you keep trying.

I would also like to know if U don't produce any military units at all until 1938?
No, I keep the IC line going until early 38, then start pumping out troops. Remember that brigades aren't necessary for INF, since you just want them to hold the line with numbers. I often go with armored cars for MOT and medium tanks for ARM.
Note that I'm talking about a 1933 start, too, which is typically regarded as easier for Germany because of the IC spam. If you're doing it in 36 follow the same strategy, it just won't have as large an effect.

No, I keep the IC line going until early 38, then start pumping out troops. Remember that brigades aren't necessary for INF, since you just want them to hold the line with numbers. I often go with armored cars for MOT and medium tanks for ARM.
Note that I'm talking about a 1933 start, too, which is typically regarded as easier for Germany because of the IC spam. If you're doing it in 36 follow the same strategy, it just won't have as large an effect.

Hey thnx again man - but what about air? Isn't necessary to have strong airforce? Both CAS and intercept?

Hey thnx again man - but what about air? Isn't necessary to have strong airforce? Both CAS and intercept?
Air force is largely useless. Maybe have some interceptors to guard against strat bombers and a few CAS, but MOT is what wins wars. Also, I often make aircraft carriers, the earlier the better, maybe once you get 1937-level carriers you make about 6.

View attachment 124220
View attachment 124221

As hard as I try I still can't produce that many units (as shown in your screendump) after 1938 - how do U do it??

As hard as I try I still can't produce that many units (as shown in your screendump) after 1938 - how do U do it??
INF with 12 parallel and as many series as needed, no brigades. Start it around the beginning of 1938 or the end of 1937 when the IC spam is coming to a close. Once you're done with making IC in early 1938 you can start cranking out some ARM and MOT. Don't be afraid to wait until Spring of 1940 before invading France if you feel it's necessary.

I think you're being seduced by numbers here zero. IGGEL's no doubt building with the Russian campaign in mind, and if you can't muster enough allies and puppets to provide the necessary cannonfodder there you might well need them. But for victory over France you don't need anything like 123 INF to make it happen. As I mentioned earlier, it's the ARM and MOT that matter there and IGG has the numbers there dead right.

If you sit 9 INF in each of your Westwall provinces (Saarbrucken, Mainz, and Freiburg) that will keep the mass of French forces in and behind the Maginot occupied. If they attack you there, fine, it will wear down their org and make them slower to respond when they need to turn around and advance to the rear to liberate Paris. You might even consider a version of the matador's cape and retreat from your border provinces to draw them further away from the real action - it will cost you the temporary loss of some factory production but that's a small price to pay for the defeat of your mortal enemy.

Beyond those if you can muster another four 9 division INF armies you'll have all you need. Task one to power into Luxembourg and attract a French response there, another with driving the Belgians out of Bruges and opening up the northern flank of Lille, and the other two with ploughing through Antwerp and Brussels to Mons. If you put your ARM and MOT in the vanguard of this movement you'll get there very quickly but the trick then is to let your mobile forces rest while the INF catch up.

If you detach say nine INF divisions to mask the remaining Belgian forces and keep your supply line secure this will leave you with 18 INF massed against Lille to achieve your critical penetration there. It's more than enough - especially if you've brigaded them with ART. When the French defenders there are on the brink of collapse, fire up your by now rested ARM and MOT and commit them to the battle with attack targets lining up all the way to Paris.

Once you've got there it's as good as over. You can send off as few as 2 MOT to get out and harvest provinces in the rear while you use the ARM and remaining MOT to drive north to the sea and south to the Swiss border and put pretty much the whole French army out of supply. As IGG suggests, it's important to keep your INF moving to block French attempts to cut off your mobile units and that will provide thrills aplenty, but if you keep your harvesters moving you'll have the victory conditions in your pocket before the French can break out of theirs.