• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many thanx for the advice - which year is the best to attack France, and have U finished of Poland first?

I often tend to finish the French shortly after the Poland-campaign. Usually I go for the pact with the Soviets as early as possible. Poland itself takes 8-16 days to defeat, depending on the amount of armor I use there. Then I need to strat.-redeploy (saving oil) my forces and hit the WAllies as hard as I can. France usually falls in early-mid September '39.

This all depends on the "Anschluss"-event/decision chain. If "Anschluss" is early, Poland and France go down early.

I run pretty much the same timetable as SonGoku. I don't buy into the MR Pact but apart from that I think we're singing the same song.

If you leave 9 divisions or so in each of the Westwall provinces the French are loathe to attack them early on, especially if you've been able to beef up the fortifications a couple of levels or so. That leaves the rest of your forces free to deal with Poland and if you experiment with your tactics there you'll find it entirely possible to roll the Poles in a couple of weeks or thereabouts. Then it's "Everybody on the train, now!" and awaaay we go.

my strategy for playing as Germany is to build up the industry in the provinces apart from east Prussia as well as building anti aircraft guns double the size of the industry (e.g 10 factories = 20-40 A.A guns) I than start to put research teams into industrial tech tree (experimental assembly line, sturdy equipment, etc) i also start to start to research land,air and sea doctrines to give my units a boost when i decide to declare war on poland and etc. those are the first 3 years,in 1936 i start to build up my infantry and luftwaffe as well as my navy until i have a sizable army, air force and navy until i reach 1941 and then lash out at czechoslovakia and then the backwards poles, shortly their after i annex yugoslavia greece and bulgaria to increase my ic than i steam roll the french frogs who are not even a challenge anymore, next comes britain, denmark, norway, sweden and finally finland. after that year i start to put garrisons in the annexed countries and put my armies on the soviet border during the 4 year period (42-45) I repeat first three years (33-36) and than repeat the 2nd step (37-41) than war time baby, i make the soviet fold and annex them fully, than comes the rest of the civilised world. that is my grand strategy

I have an AAR around there somewhere, that shows some outlandishly insane strategies for killing the french, poles and soviets all with very very few losses. Look it up.