• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heh, was trying out crisis of the confederation last nite, and for some reason the game glitched and declared my pirate king of hades to be the pirate QUEEN of hades

This happened during my game in Scotland, my queen became a king suddenly.

Talk about LUCK...

Since I've come to these forums, I've heard all the moaning and snide remarks about the Karlings. In my game, I honestly didn't understand why...and now, I think that this will brighten many peoples' days. I was curious, between watching the Bzyantines get absolutely sundered by the Mongol invasion and gobbling up Alba, what had happened to the Karlings in my world.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Distinguished Guests,
Friends and Compatriots,

I give to you, one and all, the LAST OF THE KARLINGS:

This was in no way facilitated by my hand. Indeed, I'd married a few Karling women in my day. This is 100% AI random number generator facilitation. The Karlings, scions of entire Kingdoms...reduced to a mere widow of the Knights Hospitallier, the only surviving daughter of a mere Baron within the county of Leon. Her siblings - eldest and youngest - died as sickly infants. Her middle brother, foul play was suspected but never proven.

Thus does a dynasty fade into history. Not with a bang, but the faintest whimper...and the sounds of a elderly woman pulling weeds from her garden.

By sharing that screenshot you have made my week. In the end, they got what they deserved. I feel no pity, I would happily jump on their graves.

Talk about LUCK...

Since I've come to these forums, I've heard all the moaning and snide remarks about the Karlings. In my game, I honestly didn't understand why...and now, I think that this will brighten many peoples' days. I was curious, between watching the Bzyantines get absolutely sundered by the Mongol invasion and gobbling up Alba, what had happened to the Karlings in my world.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Distinguished Guests,
Friends and Compatriots,

I give to you, one and all, the LAST OF THE KARLINGS:

rLXGHBV.png

dc8w8pC.png

This was in no way facilitated by my hand. Indeed, I'd married a few Karling women in my day. This is 100% AI random number generator facilitation. The Karlings, scions of entire Kingdoms...reduced to a mere widow of the Knights Hospitallier, the only surviving daughter of a mere Baron within the county of Leon. Her siblings - eldest and youngest - died as sickly infants. Her middle brother, foul play was suspected but never proven.

Thus does a dynasty fade into history. Not with a bang, but the faintest whimper...and the sounds of a elderly woman pulling weeds from her garden.

Cry you evil, evil Karling !

Anyone remember the times before TOG came out? When people actually liked the Karlings? :D

I don't ever recall that.

Restoring the Frankish Empire as the last landed Karling, the Count of Vermandois, in 1066 was a pretty popular playthrough back then. Now though...

Restoring the Frankish Empire as the last landed Karling, the Count of Vermandois, in 1066 was a pretty popular playthrough back then. Now though...
Yeah, that's what I meant. Everyone cheers for the undedog. I mean, I liked Byzantium in EU3 and V2 - but I hate them in CK2 because they either blob or get crushed and make the map ugly in either way.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Everyone cheers for the undedog. I mean, I liked Byzantium in EU3 and V2 - but I hate them in CK2 because they either blob or get crushed and make the map ugly in either way.

I'd root for the byzantines in my game if they still existed. but theyve been eaten by those lovely karlings. Heck... i'd root for anyone who could knocnk france down a peg right now... its messing with MY world domination ambitions!

I remember once, after ToG released, the AI managed in a 1066 start to get the descendants of the Count of Vermandois on the throne of France.

Even then, I was pretty amused.

I'd root for the byzantines in my game if they still existed. but theyve been eaten by those lovely karlings. Heck... i'd root for anyone who could knocnk france down a peg right now... its messing with MY world domination ambitions!
I like to play in Sicily - so naturally, I'd develop a deep hatred for Byzantium. I can't stand them anymore, not even in other Paradox games.

At least he's not Norse.

If you look trough the history though, for a long period of time the Karlingian American Branch was Pagans :happy:

Karlings have succesfully taken the throne as the most hated dynasty in the game (at least in every 867 start, the 1066 hated dynasties are Salian and Doukas in the Christian world, and the Fatimids the Muslim world).