• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sooo... I decided it was finally time to kick out the Aztecs... and I forgot that they're a bit of a paper tiger.

I feel a little bit bad about having slaughtered half a million (!) of them in the first few months of the war. But only a little bit bad. Serves them right for all that human sacrifice...

(They had so very many troops because (1) I have Jade Serpent installed - highly recommended btw; (2) they're in a Golden Age; (3) they were already attacking someone else when I declared, so they already had 200k event troops; and (4) when I attacked them, they got another 200k event troops.)

View attachment 1083519
Jade Serpent sounds interesting. May have to try it one of these days!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Jade Serpent sounds interesting. May have to try it one of these days!
If you want the Aztecs to be a persistent existential threat (instead of the mere annoyance that they are 9/10 times in vanilla), I highly recommend it. Being vassalised puts you on a very short timer to game over (everyone is forced into appointment succession, ie. game over when your current character dies). Being a tributary isn't much better - it's Really Really Expensive and, unlike China, there are no worthwhile ways to spend your offmap currency. !!!Good luck!!!

Reactions:
If you want the Aztecs to be a persistent existential threat (instead of the mere annoyance that they are 9/10 times in vanilla), I highly recommend it. Being vassalised puts you on a very short timer to game over (everyone is forced into appointment succession, ie. game over when your current character dies). Being a tributary isn't much better - it's Really Really Expensive and, unlike China, there are no worthwhile ways to spend your offmap currency. !!!Good luck!!!
But yet you defeated them. Guessing you already had a huge empire when they arrived.

But yet you defeated them. Guessing you already had a huge empire when they arrived.
No, I basically avoided fighting them for 200 years after they arrived. (Although this was mainly out of a desire to retain some challenges for later in the game.) (Eg: The empires of Mali and Kanem Bornu united and converted to my religion, so I felt obliged to defend them from the Aztecs. Until they reverted to African, anyway.) Unfortunately (for the Aztecs), they kept attacking my tributaries and dragging me into wars (including breaking a realm peace objective, grrrr), so I had to do something about it.

For this game, I deliberately set my empire's perimeter at about 8 de jure kingdoms (Abyssinia/Nubia/Yemen/Arabia/Iraq/Syria/Israel/Egypt), plus island outposts to extend my diplo range to the entire map. The reason I beat the Aztecs (with 100:1 casualties!!!) is rather prosaic: they happened to annoy me when my ruler was an uber-general. When he's leading an army... they don't lose.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. That's what the Ethiopian Jews were called (literally "house of Israel"), and I'm playing as an Ethiopian Jew.
2. I had some Latin and ancient Greek education, so to me "beta Israel" sounds like "second Israel", which seems fitting for a Jewish successor state.
3. In English, "Beta Israel" sounds like "Better Israel", which is kinda amusing.
to me, beta israel sounds just like an unfinished version of israel :D, still has to be released and few bugs fixed

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Western Protectorate.... joining a Jihad?

Attachments

• Western Protectorate Jihad.jpg
    Western Protectorate Jihad.jpg
    728,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The Western Protectorate.... joining a Jihad?
Now imagine the chaos if they got the huge stacks of special non-attriting event troops that they get when they're a primary participant... a Chinese conquest of the HRE?!

Also, this made me imagine the chaos if Catholic China was a major participant in a victorious Crusade.

ck2_365.png

At this point some old catholic woman have conquered a half of India, and more interesting for me her heirs are still in my realm so I can hope to integrate all her lands in mine eventually.

But suddenly jihad was declared on her, I have rushed to help, but...
ck2_366.png

perhaps I don't know much about my own empire.

• 6Haha
Reactions:
My aunt is plotting the murder of Feng Jiansu, but my council will vote no on imprisoning her.

Screenshot (7334).png

Now, who is Feng Jiansu you ask? Well...

Screenshot (7335).png

Get your priorities straight, uncle!

Screenshot (7336).png

• 4Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 1096468
At this point some old catholic woman have conquered a half of India, and more interesting for me her heirs are still in my realm so I can hope to integrate all her lands in mine eventually.

But suddenly jihad was declared on her, I have rushed to help, but...
View attachment 1096469
perhaps I don't know much about my own empire.
Based on all her modifiers, she looks like a child of destiny?

Reactions:
Based on all her modifiers, she looks like a child of destiny?
I guess so.
After their initial conquest, Children of Destiny can adopt local culture, local religion, both, or neither. When they choose to keep their original religion, strap in: stuff's going to go wild after they die...

(I had one memorable game where a successful Hindu CoD invaded the Middle East and Anatolia, converted half of it to Hindu, then collapsed. Then another Hindu CoD did the same. In the meantime, I had forged the Ashoka bloodline - I originally intended to use it for the invasions, but it also gives you a permanent religious liberation CB. Fun times!)

• 1Like
Reactions:
After their initial conquest, Children of Destiny can adopt local culture, local religion, both, or neither. When they choose to keep their original religion, strap in: stuff's going to go wild after they die...

(I had one memorable game where a successful Hindu CoD invaded the Middle East and Anatolia, converted half of it to Hindu, then collapsed. Then another Hindu CoD did the same. In the meantime, I had forged the Ashoka bloodline - I originally intended to use it for the invasions, but it also gives you a permanent religious liberation CB. Fun times!)
Things won't goes wild if you immediately become part of my empire. :)
Interestingly she lived long enough to change all her kingdoms to primogeniture.
Also it seems even with two given vice-kingdoms he is still not my most powerful vassal.
ck2_367.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
descarga (1).jpeg

Y This capture is from a previous campaign, you can form England as a pagan and reform the faith but that is not important The important thing is that even when she was 82 years old, this grandmother gained a lot of owners, more than she could count. In the photo he is 76.