• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ck2_358.png

Double clansman

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
are they clans? isnt that just nomenaclature for mongol kingdoms

ck2_361.png

This is Honorius the Butcher one of my vassals.
But what the strange name for bedouin one might ask.
Thats because he is former Roman Pope.

ck2_362.png

I replaced him with my own pope (nothing personal, just to vassalize the papacy)
So he (being brother of crusader king of magrib) become his new heir. I gave him land and viceroyalty of Al-Jazira and assassinate his brother to give him Magrib.

Also he is in war now with Shia Caliph (also my vassal from whom I usurped that Al-Jazira kingdom).
ck2_363.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
The point i wonder about, how did a kid become a bishop?
I think I just set it up again:
  • I am a Tribal empress, with Enatic-Cognatic succession (via bloodline) and Full Status of Women (not sure which is important)
  • I am Fraticelli (only men can be priests)
  • I used the settlement decision to auto-create a character for a temple holding
  • That character was a woman! She can't be a priest, so I guess the game made her a baron (feudal government and agnatic gavelkind succession).
  • If that woman has a male child and dies, her child will inherit a temple and immediately become theocratic.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I think I just set it up again:
  • I am a Tribal empress, with Enatic-Cognatic succession (via bloodline) and Full Status of Women (not sure which is important)
  • I am Fraticelli (only men can be priests)
  • I used the settlement decision to auto-create a character for a temple holding
  • That character was a woman! She can't be a priest, so I guess the game made her a baron (feudal government and agnatic gavelkind succession).
  • If that woman has a male child and dies, her child will inherit a temple and immediately become theocratic.
what settlement decision ?

what settlement decision ?
Right-click on a personally-owned holding that's not a county capital, and choose the little crown icon that auto-creates a vassal character for that holding.

20240127204058_1.jpg

This might not technically be a settlement decision (because it has its own special UI button, so it might be hardcoded in the engine) but, even if it's not, I think "settlement decision" is the closest approximation.

This might not technically be a settlement decision (because it has its own special UI button, so it might be hardcoded in the engine) but, even if it's not, I think "settlement decision" is the closest approximation.

Those are indeed hardcoded interactions. The big buttons below are settlement decisions. Perhaps we could call the hardcoded buttons 'settlement interactions' instead?

• 1Like
Reactions:
You're going to load your two thousand men onto ships in Edinburgh, transport them to the Levant, then march through Persia to the far side of India, and then fight a war to reclaim your throne?!

For once, the reaction text is completely appropriate: "Good luck with that!"

20240127220228_1.jpg

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm sure this is in some way my fault, but anyway: The Fatimid Shia Caliph is a tributary of... the Fatimid Sunni Caliph.

20240205005235_1.jpg

Iron Century start. One of the initial Fatimid Caliph's kids became a Child of Destiny, conquered Mesopotamia, and changed to the local religion: Sunni. So now you have an uber-powerful Sunni character with the Shia Leadership bloodline - very amusing, and fortunately far enough away that he's not a threat to me. Then, he recreated the Sunni Caliphate after the Abbasid Caliphate was destroyed. (I don't think I was the one that broke it, but I probably contributed a lot to their decline.) Meanwhile, other AI are beating up on the Shia Fatimids (definitely not my fault, I never attacked them, although they Jihaded me a LOT after I took Mecca) until they're so reduced that they'll accept tributary status from their Sunni cousins (via one of my mods). Fun times!

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm sure this is in some way my fault, but anyway: The Fatimid Shia Caliph is a tributary of... the Fatimid Sunni Caliph.

View attachment 1080330

Iron Century start. One of the initial Fatimid Caliph's kids became a Child of Destiny, conquered Mesopotamia, and changed to the local religion: Sunni. So now you have an uber-powerful Sunni character with the Shia Leadership bloodline - very amusing, and fortunately far enough away that he's not a threat to me. Then, he recreated the Sunni Caliphate after the Abbasid Caliphate was destroyed. (I don't think I was the one that broke it, but I probably contributed a lot to their decline.) Meanwhile, other AI are beating up on the Shia Fatimids (definitely not my fault, I never attacked them, although they Jihaded me a LOT after I took Mecca) until they're so reduced that they'll accept tributary status from their Sunni cousins (via one of my mods). Fun times!
Why "Beta Israel", out of interest?

Why "Beta Israel", out of interest?
1. That's what the Ethiopian Jews were called (literally "house of Israel"), and I'm playing as an Ethiopian Jew.
2. I had some Latin and ancient Greek education, so to me "beta Israel" sounds like "second Israel", which seems fitting for a Jewish successor state.
3. In English, "Beta Israel" sounds like "Better Israel", which is kinda amusing.

• 3Like
Reactions:
1. That's what the Ethiopian Jews were called (literally "house of Israel"), and I'm playing as an Ethiopian Jew.
2. I had some Latin and ancient Greek education, so to me "beta Israel" sounds like "second Israel", which seems fitting for a Jewish successor state.
3. In English, "Beta Israel" sounds like "Better Israel", which is kinda amusing.
Interesting, all good reasons!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sooo... I decided it was finally time to kick out the Aztecs... and I forgot that they're a bit of a paper tiger.

I feel a little bit bad about having slaughtered half a million (!) of them in the first few months of the war. But only a little bit bad. Serves them right for all that human sacrifice...

(They had so very many troops because (1) I have Jade Serpent installed - highly recommended btw; (2) they're in a Golden Age; (3) they were already attacking someone else when I declared, so they already had 200k event troops; and (4) when I attacked them, they got another 200k event troops.)

Absurd_Aztec_Casualties_(approx500k).png

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: