• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good-o.

I'll try to find that report.

Ah! Found it!

The Bacon Plan

Bacon Plan said:
The Bacon Plan's general objective is to provide both an adequate infrastructure and stadia capacity to sucessfully bid for and host the FIFA World Cup. It is to achieve this goal with the support from both the General Assembly, the President and the People of Eutopia, and will be empowered by the Legislative Branch to reserve funds for the Plan.

The first step of the Bacon Plan will be to create a Eutopian Football Association (EFA) if one does not already exist, and then instruct the EFA to apply for entry to the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCAF). If this application is unsuccessful, then the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) would be the next choice.

If the EFA is accepted entry into either CONCAF or UEFA, then it will immediatly express interest in hosting the next FIFA World Cup. The General Assembly should follow this interest up with a resolution declaring that it would support the EFA in the event of such a bid.

If such a bid is recived by the FIFA Executive Committie well, then the Bacon Plan should be presented with the bid. Both the General Assembly and the EFA will be required to approve the plan, if either body feels the need to propose an amendment, it should be discussed with the other.

A total of 1 (one) Budget Point should be set aside at the least for any possible bid, infrastructure should be at least adequate to transport fans from City to City, furthermore there should be enough funds for the building of one or even two extra Stadia. The German 2006 World Cup bid involved twelve Stadia of at least 40,000 capacity each, I predict that any Eutopian bid would require ten stadia of 30-35,000 each. If there are not enough Stadia available, work should start on more as soon as possible.

This is far from impossible, South Korea built all 10 of their Stadiums that were used for the World Cup in 2001. I feel that it will be no problem for Eutopia to direct the funds towards the building of any required Stadia for the World Cup. At least one new stadium should be completed, preferably one that is of a UEFA 5 Star Stadium (can be found here) which would have to be built in New Lancaster as to the Airport requirements.

The benefits of a FIFA World Cup coming to Eutopia would be great. An increase in tourism and the money they bring, our economy would benefit from the extra jobs being created in building the Stadia and possibly improving infrastructure, positive publicity for Eutopia which is increasingly seen as an unstable third-world country. And, the infrastructure built for the tournament would be of use after it has finished, boosting the floundering Eutopian Sports Scene.

It is my hope that any Eutopian FIFA World Cup would be a fantastic success for both Association Football, Eutopia, and the World.​

Sounds good. I give you the power to implement it, using the current Sports budget.

Well, I doubt it could be implemented this Term. For one thing, where are we going to cut to get the money? This is a plan, anyway, even if we did get the money we would have nothing to spend it on. Better to start next Term when we can mould it into the budget right from the off.

I'll submit it to the ECB and see what happens.

As I said: It's your call. Do what you like with it, just stay legit, okay?

OOC: Interview coming up, right?

aussieboy said:
He then asks his secretary what his predecessors have spent, and where.

The MoSS secretary, who has garnered quite a reputation in government service, replies by informing Minister Cojuanco that he has access to all the files already (this thread), and can read them just as easily as she can.

Some time later, after hearing of the Bacon Plan, the Assistant Deputy Minister for International Sporting Affairs, Ms. Anna A. Annannova, sends a copy of a memo to Minister Cojuanco that she sent to Minister Braxton during his tenure. Attached to the memo is a note saying
'we have a far better shot at this than we do at FIFA, but we'd need to act quickly as the deadline is approaching'.

Well, Perhaps Annanova has a point. i'll have the plans for tomorrow.

Calls for Annanova:

Anna, since the Bacon Plan will not be implemented for another term, Your Chess Championship plans have top priority.

Sends a note to Bacon:

Put soccer plan on backburner for time being. WCC tournament is top priority. Work with Annanova on plans.

Good Luck!
FC

"Minister Cojuanco, I don't have the political clout or resources to put together the package...either you or Per Bacon are going to have to do so. I'll make sure it gets to the right place, but that's about the limit of my authorization and authority. I had some discussions with your predecessor that are probably still on file that might give you some ideas."

Berenguerr phones Cojuanco and leaves a message on his voicemail

"Per Cojuanco, I've seen the regulations you put out concerning cigarette sales. Why are we waiting until the end of term XV? Who knows how many teenagers will be addicted by then? If you aren't willing to implement these measures immediately, at least do so at the end of this term. Get back to me on this."

Phone call back:

"Is that you only objection, Richard? If it is, I can amend it."

Public comment is invited on the amended regulation"

MoSS Regulation 14-C-001B

Subject: Regulations on the Sale of Tobacco Products

Establishments that are licensed to sell tobacco, including, but not limited to, cigars, cigarettes, snuff, and edible tobacco are hereby barred from selling these aforementioned products to persons under the age of sixteen(16). Failure to comply on the first attempt will result in a fine of $1000. Repeat offenses will be penalized by the seizure of all tobacco products in the establishment and a revocation of their license to sell tobacco.
This shall come into effect at the end of Term XIV.

Signed,
F. Cojuanco-O’Rourke
Minister of Social Services

(OOC: comments until 4/23 RL)

aussieboy said:
Sends a note to Bacon

You're the boss, sir. I'll see what I can do.

Public comment is invited on this regulation:

MoSS Regulation 14-C-0003

Subject: Sex Education Program Subsidies

Sex Education programs shall be subsidized for every province at 10% of the expenses, at a total expense of 2BP. For a Sex Education program to qualify for the subsidy, they must:

a) be connected with public secondary schools
b) emphasise the role of abstinence in preventing unsafe intercourse
c) nevertheless offer advice on birth control, the pill, condoms, etc.
d) show that the teachers are qualified to teach the course or program (e.g. biology or anatomy teachers)

This regulation shall take effect at the beginning of the next scholastic year.

(OOC: comments due April 30)

How will this effect private schools Curriculum as most private schools have a religous base in which things are taught?

It will have no effect on the private school system, unfortunately. Besides, private schools are usually capable of funding their programs without our big hairy nose in it.

But would that not mean that private schools do not have to teach Sex Ed or teach a fair and unreligous based sex ed programme as their is no incentative to do so?

"Whilst I'm not sure that encouraging abstinence before informing our youth about protection is going to work, there's no way to stop teenagers from having sex so all you can do there is damage limitation.

However, I would suggest that you can exercise some leverage over private schools. If they're exempt from tax, you can threaten to change that, if they aren't you can offer tax breaks for compliance, you can simply try and strongarm them. We won't make a big difference without major education reform, but I see no reason why you shouldn't dangle your toes in the water."

Public comment is invited for this regulation:
MoSS Regulation 14-C-0004

Subject: Private Voluntary Compliance to MoSS Regulation 14-C-0003

1) Private schools that comply with MoSS Regulation 14-C-0003 within one year shall receive a 10% rebate on their corporate taxes, paid out of the Education budget.

2) Tax-exempt private schools not in compliance with regulation 14-C-0003 within one term shall have their tax-exempt status revoked, and shall be made to pay regular corporate taxes.

3) This regulation shall take effect in the beginning of the next scholastic year.

Signed,
Francisco Cojuanco y O'Rourke
Minister of Social Services

(Comments due April 28)

Last edited: