• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't see this Sports Advisory Board as being strictly necessary, myself. Why would we need a new level of beauraucracy to strangle Eutopian Sports in this early stage? And I'll get on the job right now.

After the meeting, Bacon looks through the Ministerial files to see how many Stadia there are in Eutopia, and also St Espirit and Tilapia, though he is less concerned with those.

After Bacon leaves Braxton Office Braxton contacts the health department and asks wether they could send up somw files regarding the state Eutopia's Hospitals and Health Services are in.

A memo comes across the Minister's desk.

Sir: Through some contacts of mine in the area, I've learned that the World Chess Championships are looking for a host nation for the next big tournament. Perhaps if we can put together an attractive package - location, housing, transportation, media, all that - we have a chance to grab this, particularly with that young chess wonder out in the WET making chess-world headlines.

What do you think?

- Anna A. Annannova, Asst. Dep. Min. for International Sporting Affairs

Braxton send a memo back to Miss Anna Annannova

That is a most splendid Idea, and if it is at all possible to come up to my office in order to tell me the specific criteria which we have to fulfill in order to qualify for being the host nation for this chess tournament?

Regards Edward Braxton

Ms. Anna A. Annannova arrives in the Minister's office. "Good morning, sir! Glad you had the time to take a look at my memo. Well, here's what I think we need to do. First, a public showing of interest, perhaps a GA resolution encouraging the Chess Federation to consider Eutopia, and pledging support. Then, line up some financial sponsors; some industry types, for example, who will put up the money for travel, lodging, that sort of thing. Push some media interest, get the people excited, make Eutopia appealing to the players and the Federation. With that, we'd have a good start."

What excatly do you mean by the GA passing a resolution which will make the Chess Fedaration consider Eutopia or should I say what would such a resolution contain?

"Oh, I don't think it would take much, sir, just something saying that Eutopia intends to pursue having the Championships here, and that MOSS is directed to make it happen."

Well considering the state the GA is in at the moment I think I could make that anncoument my self

*Jerome walks up to the secretary's desk*

Hello, Vandelft is the name. I have an appointment with the Minister regarding the chess championship. Is he available?

Per Minister, a minute of your time if I may.

Recently the topic of the education budget has come under scrutiny by members of the general assembly. And as this falls under your jurisdiction, I have taken it upon myself to come examine exactly what this part of the budget entails.

Melanchthon said:
*Jerome walks up to the secretary's desk*

Hello, Vandelft is the name. I have an appointment with the Minister regarding the chess championship. Is he available?

the secetary looks ups apologises for the long wait and shows per Vanderfelit into the Ministers office.

Mr Vanderfelit do take a seat now as you know I have called you here about being a sponser for the world chess championships now as you know the MoSS's sport budget is not the biggest purse and thus because of that we can't cover everything, so I was wondering wether you would agree to be one of the sponsers for the world chesschampionships?

Recently the topic of the education budget has come under scrutiny by members of the general assembly. And as this falls under your jurisdiction, I have taken it upon myself to come examine exactly what this part of the budget entails.

My god the GA has actually moved onto somethign diffrent is amazing do you know how long I have been waiting to get my tobacco bills passed? Any way I digress so you want to know about where the money in the education budget goes (I have no idea waiting for infomation form mods)

A note from Rev. Pollos arrives for Maj. Braxton

Maj. Braxton,

Several MGAs are looking at funding aid to the displaced persons in the WET. I and others would like to include this funding in the current NBRA that is before the GA. However , party members of mine and some in the PoL are opposed to combining the funding for both New Bengal Island and the WET in the same bill. I have therefore considered amending the NBRA only to allow your Ministry to send aid no greater than 0.4 BP to those in the WET , and supplying replacement funding in legislation at a later date.

Two questions.

1. Is the MoSS in a position to supply the needed aid at this time to those in the WET and/or other area of the country (i.e. Manpower, equipment, supplies , etc...)?

2. If no , then how soon could you be ready with the needed manpower and equipment?

Your reply is appreciated,

/s/J.A. Pollos

Rev. Pollos

A leteer is sent out to all Major Bussiness within Eutopia.
Dear Sir/Madame

I Major Edward Braxton Minister for Social Services would like to know if your interrested in supporting a major Eutopian sports event. If you are interested please come the ministry on <insert date Here> , where further infomation shall be provided.

Regards Major Edward Braxton

Cojuanco, after having settled in his new office, begins drafting regulations.

He then asks his secretary what his predecessors have spent, and where.

Public comment is invited on these regulations:

MoSS Regulation 14-C-001

Subject: Regulations on the Sale of Tobacco Products

Establishments that are licensed to sell tobacco, including, but not limited to, cigars, cigarettes, snuff, and edible tobacco are hereby barred from selling these aforementioned products to persons under the age of sixteen(16). Failure to comply on the first attempt will result in a fine of $1000. Repeat offenses will be penalized by the seizure of all tobacco products in the establishment and a revocation of their license to sell tobacco.
This shall come into effect at the end of Term XV.

Signed,
F. Cojuanco-O’Rourke
Minister of Social Services

MoSS Regulation 14-C-002

Subject: Subsidies to Vocational and Night Schools

Rationale: For many children, their path in life is not to a prestigious 4-year college. For others, due to circumstances often not entirely of their own making, they have failed to gain the necessary requirements to be a contributing member of the work force. The purpose of this regulation is to a) aid in the increase of children who finish secondary education, and b) to aid students whose path in life does not lead to a four-year college

Eligibility: Scholastic subdivisions with high-school graduation rates below 80% are eligible for subsidization of vocational and night schools.

The 100% funding mark is ten million dollars per eligible district

Brackets:

0-50% graduation rates: 100%
51-60% : 80%
61-70% :60%
71-79% :40%

The money provided shall be specifically earmarked for the setup, upkeep, and necessary materials for night and vocational schools.

Effective Date: This shall come into effect at the beginning of Term XV

Signed,
Francisco Cojuanco-O’Rourke
Minister of Social Services

Comments may be phoned in to the Minister’s Office (by 4/22 RL)

Bacon pokes his head through the office door.

Hi....Boss.

Uh, you need to be settled in or anything? I had this report about a possible Bid by Eutopia for the FIFA World Cup. Not sure where I put it, though.

Your'e... Bacon, right? What are you doing here? You my deputy?

Sure am. Interested in a Radio Free Radio Free Eutopia appearence?