• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Charle_88 said:
What about the nationalists? I'd imagine Franco being quite vocal.
I had indeed intended to give him some lines... but as I mentioned above, once I actually sit down and start typing, I have very little control over what happens next. I'll try again to give him some lines in the next update. No promises, though.

blue emu said:
Yeah... I'm typing it up in STUPID Microsoft-Word before copy-and-pasting it into a post, and it insists on correcting my "errors"... spelling and capitalization and so on. It's driving me nuts, and I don't even TRY to catch all of it's "corrections" anymore.

I've had to add all the people's names and stuff like "errr" and "awww" and "WTF" to the friggin' Dictionary, just to cut down on the amount of re-typing.

I believe you can disable word's typo correction so that you can type freely. I can't remember exactly where. Though i am sure other will indulge you.

The AAR is great keep it up, i'll be following this to the end :D

Lol. :rofl:
A splendid aar. :)
Now you just need to add Göring and Himmler and so on into it.
And where are the japs?
And Schuschschnig? (what-ever the name was)
But anyways, keep writing. :D

Enewald said:
Lol. :rofl:
A splendid aar. :)
Thanks... always good to hear.

Enewald said:
Now you just need to add Göring and Himmler and so on into it.
I've been trying to limit it to one speaker (the "player") for each country... I haven't even swapped people out when they change in-game... England has gone through a couple of kings, and the French parliament building seems to have a revolving door installed, but to keep things simple, I've just kept the starting "players" in my AAR instead of swapping people in-and-out.

Enewald said:
And where are the japs?
The attack on China should be coming up in less than a game-year. You will likely hear from them then, if not sooner.

Enewald said:
And Schuschschnig? (what-ever the name was)
Yeah... still undecided on how I'll choreograph the "Anschluss" scene...

Yeah, sign me up for this barrel of monkeys. This ought to be good. :D

blue emu said:
Yeah... I'm typing it up in STUPID Microsoft-Word before copy-and-pasting it into a post, and it insists on correcting my "errors"... spelling and capitalization and so on. It's driving me nuts, and I don't even TRY to catch all of it's "corrections" anymore.

I've had to add all the people's names and stuff like "errr" and "awww" and "WTF" to the friggin' Dictionary, just to cut down on the amount of re-typing.
I'd use Wordpad. Using MS Word for something like this is like using a steam-powered press to drive a nail.

LM+ said:
I'd use Wordpad. Using MS Word for something like this is like using a steam-powered press to drive a nail.
Yeah, I could... but I want to see my PICTURES :mad:

... and in MS-Word, I can set the margins to check out how it will actually look when the Forum BBS-engine formats it.

I think I'll just turn off the "Auto-Correct" function, and live with the "Lol"s... I'm getting used to it anyway.

Yeah, sign me up for this barrel of monkeys. This ought to be good. :D

blue emu said:

I can only say so far, that my barbarossa has been a pain in the ass for me trying this scenario, russkies' infantry is the same as mine, luckily i still have better decyption and stuff.

I, stupidly didn't know what was required of the bf-109 G-6 version of the messerschmitt (fighter), thus I was left with shitloads of biplanes for France :rofl: British and canadians had spitfires by then :wacko:

I did manage to subdue poland but the horrible scores of bombers just poured into ruhr area, and I lost some 20 IC to the bombings, I couldn't upgrade my inf anymore, and 2 panzers were delayed. I still rolled over France with luck I guess, French had surprising amounts of infantry, which was annoying as hell,

So, my suggestions, get some decent aircraft, interceptors preferrably, less malus with none of the worthless tax techs to kill your research in order to finally get to the messerschmitt G-6 fighter tech,

Russians might just as well have hoaRDes of Arm-II, that is in mod34 the pzkmpf 3, when you finally invade. I'd just get lots of good infantry. dont forget land doctrines and decryption from the infantry page and panzers!

also, do get the tiger prototype so you can build tiger divisions, and don't forget either SP-rockets or StuGs (i guess, idk what's the best brigade for them)

Laurwin said:
... So, my suggestions...
Since I'm playing and writing this just for the laughs, It really doesn't make much difference whether I win or lose the game... as long as I can milk it for a few good gags. I've already spent HUGE amounts of IC-days and research-days working on stuff simply because I feel it will allow me a few funny lines. I'm confident that I'm a good enough player that no matter how badly I handicap myself, I can still give the AI an entertaining fight on "Normal" level.

Nice update.

I wouldn't go as far as letting Himmler or Goering in on it, but I would update people when their leader changes, you could probably make up a few funny lines as to why the origional was kept speaking.

And Schusschnig seems to probably have the potential to be a funny character.

Schussnig-"I got annexed! Woo-h---- Schussnig has left the game.

Mussolini- "What an idiot."

Mussolini (Italy): Voting is for FOOLS!

I couldn't stop laughing. :rofl: I love how the leaders talk with each other. :)

Yes, the chatlog is the high point of the AAR.

Kaiser_Mobius said:
... I love how the leaders talk with each other. :)
ColossusCrusher said:
Yes, the chatlog is the high point of the AAR.
Yeah... I was aiming for something that was rather different from any of the other AARs that I've seen in the Forum, but still had good possibilities for nutty humor.

Coming up: Spanish Civil War intervention, and other lunatic adventures.

I just found this, and had to read all 6 pages. Great stuff Emu. Some of your gags had me Rofl :p . Now we just need to get you actually into mp ;)

Krediax said:
Coming up: Spanish Civil War intervention, and other lunatic adventures.

as in today? xD

I hope so.
For his sake ... :D

ComradeOm said:
... but its certainly working well
That's because I'm mental :p