• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahh, all those lovely partisans, which come in a delightful variety of local flavours, sporting traditional weaponry purely for ornamental purposes :)

well, keep an eye on your org., you might lose it a bit faster because of the increase GDE values. especially in the vast plains of Россия

(BLOODY HELL I can't beleive we lost to Russia 4-0 in ice hockey world cup today, hopefully we'll still get bronze. AND HOPEFULLY sweden will be obliterated by canada...and by us thereafter :mad: )

Does the partisan rating slowly decrease in Mod34? The monthly drop is one of my favorite things about ARMA.

germanpeon said:
Does the partisan rating slowly decrease in Mod34? The monthly drop is one of my favorite things about ARMA.
No :mad: Partisans do NOT decrease in Mod-34... and they start off TWICE as high: 48 instead of 24 in each province. I've considered editting my misc.txt file, to add the Armageddon v1.2 Partisan decrease.

My Partisans are only (only!) 42 instead of 48, because I've made two shifts towards Open Society in an effort to get them under control.

An edit would be acceptable with me. But really, those are disgusting levels that might be enough to turn me off the mod.

The Convoy War, Sept-39 to Apr-40:

Convoys_to_Apr40-1.jpg

... over 1400 Convoys sunk in 8 months. I suspect that the recent drop-off in sinkings is because almost the entire British Merchant Marine is already on the bottom of the ocean.

Manziel said:
impressive numbers.
did you set your convoys on night raiding only or do they raid 24/7?
24/7... in this game, I'm not TRYING to avoid battle with my U-Boats. If I was, it would be "only at night".

So will you be offering more generalships? Mihailovic sounds like a good candidate. You taking out stalin so early? That will make the game too easy imo. Get the extra partisans, it could make for interesting conversation.

I think the Mod-34 partisan levels are an interesting twist on a vanilla game. I hope it adds a new level of interest to The Game, in that partisan levels in the occupied Soviet Union ought to create some problems.... oh, I think you ought to offer Generalships to Mussolini and Franco. They're just mis-using all those ICs.

-- Beppo

winter war is winnable in this mod if you play as finland. Actually im not entirely sure about the peace events, my winter war dragged on until january '41, I had captured leiningrad, volkhov, murmansk and all of karelia. The peace event just didn't fire so i cheated a peace to me, I kept leningrad :D

I had about 23 advanced infantry divisions, including 2 HQs prioritized infantry, up-to-date machine gun technology, lots of land doctrines etc...

while soviet union had basic infantry... I even neutered their airforce with lvl5 interceptors :D

I say definitely edit the misc file to add a gradual decrease. Its fair, I think. :)

germanpeon said:
I say definitely edit the misc file to add a gradual decrease. Its fair, I think. :)
I have set the misc.txt file so that Partisans still start as doubled (48 instead of Armageddon v1.2's 24), and then decrease very slowly... at half the rate that Armageddon v1.2 decreases them.

At risk of going off topic what part of the misc file do I modify to change partisan levels and the rate of decrease?

Thats a reasonable compromise. Half the normal rate wouldnt even be too extreme to be "normal" itself. It does seem rather silly when Poland has almost completely calmed down while I am whooping the Soviets. :p

darthkommandant said:
At risk of going off topic what part of the misc file do I modify to change partisan levels and the rate of decrease?
Code:
# Nationalism starting value
# Monthly Nationalism reduction
Bear in mind that "Nationalism starting value" is +50% or so for Totalitarian regimes, and that a negative value for "Monthly Nationalism reduction" will be an increase instead of a decrease.

blue emu said:
Code:
# Nationalism starting value
# Monthly Nationalism reduction
Bear in mind that "Nationalism starting value" is +50% or so for Totalitarian regimes, and that a negative value for "Monthly Nationalism reduction" will be an increase instead of a decrease.
Thank you very much.