• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just for the sake of adding variety, FIRE HIM! FIRE HIM WITH FIRE! :rofl: (Okay, that was lame.)

A jolly good fire all that fat would make ;)

what about creating *booming voice* "the riders of Rohan/Germany"? */booming voice*

and create an army entirely composed of cavalry (and maybe some self propelled goodies)

EDIT:

or he get shoot by "Dick von Cheney" the bavarian hunting and beer minister

"Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!"
Germany has declared war on the Soviet Union.

I had forgotten about Cheney's hunting habits :p He might make an appearance at some point.

No, it's just how I spend my weekends :p

The historically crazy thing to do would be for Hitler to specialize in milita. Chinese are kicking japanese butts, so it would be logical to assume, that tanks and modern technology is useless against the wrath of pitchork and torches wielding mob :cool:

What do we give them light artillery for? :confused:

Glad you liked... they are aren't they?;)

:rofl:

Bravo!

Fire him... but he's got to have an occasional role as the butt of all jokes kinda thing...

Should Göring be sent the news by a European Sparrow or an African Sparrow?

Everyone, it's a close race - tally stands 6 for, 6 against Göring. You have one day left to decide Hermann's fate, and every vote seems to count!

Göring has to stay. I think Hermann would leave a big hole in your cabinet and I dont think there is anybody who could fill it.

Ok no more jokes about fat people now! :rofl:

Göring has to stay. I think Hermann would leave a big hole in your cabinet and I dont think there is anybody who could fill it.

Right!

Everyone, it's a close race - tally stands 6 for, 6 against Göring. You have one day left to decide Hermann's fate, and every vote seems to count!

Göring supporters unite! The funny Fat Guy needs all the support he can get to be in this AAR!:D

Ditch Herman! Take someone completely unknown and unimportant instead!

Hire three Chiefs of Air Force instead? :confused:

Göring supporters unite! The funny Fat Guy needs all the support he can get to be in this AAR!:D

Great idea!

Ditch Herman! Take someone completely unknown and unimportant instead!

Ditch him!

Too bad it was exploited by the opposition :p

Tally stands at 8 - 7 against Göring.

The nice part about this close race is that I'm actually sketching two updates instead of one :p

AND you obviously vote for Göring to stay! I pay 50 HOI dollars for your vote.:)
I'm gonna use any dirty tactics to help poor Hermann.:D

I already had, but I'll still take it of course.

As for some non sense ideas. I'd like to see some really crazy invasion plans. If you go against USSR invade through Murmansk or even better move your army to China and invade Mongolia.

Controling the Caribean Island is a must.

Egypt must be conquered, for the giant cat statue and because we all know "The Arch" (TM) is there somewhere. You just have to find the right chamber and use that rod when the light of the sun hits....

"U r uguay" has to go, I mean...it's just insulting Hitler.

This AAR seems to turn into somthing truly bizarre, incomprehensible and plain out stupid ... which caters to my definition of "fun" rather well. :D

Now get rid of Cartman ... I mean Göring (What's wider than the ring of Saturn? The Gö-Ring), replace him with the Bremer Stadtmusikanten (yes, that's two links, one wouldn't be enough in this context).

Not only will this cater to the cat-(and other animal) loving faction but the cock would make an exceptionally good Chief of Airforce, since he can at least fly (whereas Göring is not even able to jump due to planet Earth being caught in Göring's gravitational field).

Reading this made my day. I'll be lurking along. :rolleyes:

Thanks, and welcome on board!

As for some non sense ideas. I'd like to see some really crazy invasion plans. If you go against USSR invade through Murmansk or even better move your army to China and invade Mongolia.

Controling the Caribean Island is a must.

Egypt must be conquered, for the giant cat statue and because we all know "The Arch" (TM) is there somewhere. You just have to find the right chamber and use that rod when the light of the sun hits....

"U r uguay" has to go, I mean...it's just insulting Hitler.

All of those are very good ideas ;)

AND you obviously vote for Göring to stay! I pay 50 HOI dollars for your vote.:)
I'm gonna use any dirty tactics to help poor Hermann.:D

Fair in my book ;)

This AAR seems to turn into somthing truly bizarre, incomprehensible and plain out stupid ... which caters to my definition of "fun" rather well. :D

Now get rid of Cartman ... I mean Göring (What's wider than the ring of Saturn? The Gö-Ring), replace him with the Bremer Stadtmusikanten (yes, that's two links, one wouldn't be enough in this context).

Not only will this cater to the cat-(and other animal) loving faction but the cock would make an exceptionally good Chief of Airforce, since he can at least fly (whereas Göring is not even able to jump due to planet Earth being caught in Göring's gravitational field).

Thanks for the links! :D And welcome!

I did say this is a nonsensical AAR ;)

I vote for keeping Goering! He's too fun to have around. :D

Göring: You're a life-saver!

I say keep him, just for comedy's sake... Although, he wouldn't pass the drug test. ;)

This isn't sport, it's government. Drugs are encouraged :D

keep him!

Now that's what I call a clear opinion :D Welcome!

Tally stands 11 - 9 in favor of Göring.

He might actually be saved ;)

Nice start on you aar =))
Keep the guy, he's got so much potential for comic situation, it's a no-brainer ;p
For the "S" names DoW's, should rename France, Fransse ;p
In english should sound the same ?

Bien joué pour cet AAR, j'espère que tu pourras le continuer :))

Keep Goring!

Of course, there's nothing really stopping you from appointing him VICE-ministers...

That's a twelfth vote in his favor. Starts to look like Hitler will have to keep him :p

Mmmm... Life Savers, sugary goodness...

...Ummm, Hermann, sweetie? Stoop drooling when you look at me. :eek:

Fritsch: Can I drool too?

Nice start on you aar =))
Keep the guy, he's got so much potential for comic situation, it's a no-brainer ;p
For the "S" names DoW's, should rename France, Fransse ;p
In english should sound the same ?

Bien joué pour cet AAR, j'espère que tu pourras le continuer :))

Merci ! :)

Doesn't sound terribly different, no :p And that's a thirteenth vote in favor of Göring. Yikes, he's cursed now!

Everyone, since land-bound battleships, cavalry armies, sub hordes and other projects of the kind can be a bit expensive, I'm afraid the beginning of the game will be devoted to building the factories to build them, and the war be delayed a trifle for that reason.

ICTarget.jpg

This is the kind of top bar I'll be shooting for, only eight months earlier because in this one I've had 4 BBs, 4 CVs, Radars, and Naval and Air bases (and ponctually a Rocket Test Site) to slow me down. I could shoot for higher - there are enough resource surplusses in the world to maintain a pure IC build until that date - but I'm not quite sure having an IC base larger than those of the USA, the USSR and the UK combined is really a necessity :p

EDITed - Well, with thirteen votes to nine, it seems Göring's fat is almost out of the fire. The voting ends tomorrow morning when I rise (which means at a pretty random hour :p )

Last edited:
Democracy at work.

Berlin, the Reichskanzlei. Jan 1st, 1936. 01:00.

**​

Hitler storms into his office. He's followed inside by Rudolf Hess.

Hitler: I hate elections. I should have banned them long ago, that blasted Hermann wouldn't have made me waste time with his stupid plebiscite. Do you think 99% of votes to fire him sounds like a good result, Rudolf?

Hess:
FGN008.jpg

Göring: Not very talkative, is he?

Hitler jumps with surprise: What the hell are you doing here? Get out! OUT!!!

Göring: And let you draw up fake results for that plebiscite? Who do you take me for, an idiot?

Hitler: Erm...

Goebbels enters without invitation. He's followed by Himmler.

Goebbels: Anybody said "plebiscite"?

Goebbels sits down. He takes a sheet of paper and a pen.

Hitler: Yes. Please write down the question we'll ask: 'Do you, the infinitely wise and intellectually superior German People, want to remove the lazy, self-centered, corrupt, ugly, pampered, ridiculously fat, morphinomaniac, art-stealing, toilet-defacing, famine-causing, and the generally useless blubbering idiot Hermann Göring from his office as Chief of the Luftwaffe - tick the box labeled "Ja!" '

Göring, sarcastic: I wonder what they'll reply.

Goebbels: Anything else?

Hitler: Yes. We're in the middle of a cabinet meeting and I need to get the results before we can go back to serious business.

Goebbels: We'll use the emergency procedure then. Heinrich?

Himmler draws his gun and points it at Göring's head.

Göring: WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

Himmler: Making sure it's a fair election.

Göring: Did you hear the question Hitler's asking? Is that your idea of "fair"?

Himmler: A fair election is when the people say what we want to hear.

FGN010.jpg

The ballot drafted by Goebbels.

Goebbels ponders for a few moments, and then picks up his pen again.

Göring: What are you writing down?

Goebbels: The results of the plebiscite.

Göring: What results? You haven't even printed the ballots!

Goebbels: It's the emergency procedure. It saves time and money.

Hitler, a little hesitant: I know you're a propaganda genius, Joseph, but don't you think the people will notice they never voted when you tell them the results of the plebiscite?

Goebbels: That's why we won't tell them we had one. Can I have your Seal of Guarantee of Reliable and Democratic Election Results? I left mine at the office.

Hitler: Sure.

Goebbels: I'll need an envelope, too.

Hitler: Here you are.

Göring panics: Guys, you can't let me down that way! After all we've been through together!

Goebbels: Five deers, nine pheasants and a couple of boars. You're a decent hunter.

Göring: I wasn't talking about food!

Goebbels: Seventy-two pints of beer?

Hitler, annoyed: You guys could have invited me.

Göring: Joseph! You just can't do this!

Himmler: No interfering with the election, herr Göring.

Göring: Heinrich, we've been friends for ages!

Himmler: I'm not edible. I'm not your friend.

Goebbels: Here you are, mein Führer.

Goebbels hands Hitler the closed envelope.

Imagine a picture of
Goebbels handing Hitler
an envelope has been
posted right here

Hitler, grinning: Ah, excellent! Now we'll know the will of the German people.

Hitler rips the envelope open and reads the result Goebbels has just written on the paper.

Hitler, annoyed: Joseph, you've inverted the words "Ja" and "Nein".

Goebbels: Did I? Can you read the results aloud?

Hitler: It says: "Nein", 12.625.882, 99,81% of votes ; "Ja", 17.989, 0,19% of votes!

Goebbels: Those are the official results, yes.

Hitler, red with anger: You were supposed to get me 99% of "Ja's"!

Goebbels: The people would never have accepted that result.

Hitler: They don't even know there was a vote!

Goebbels: No, but the readAARs do, and they decided we should keep him.

Göring and Hitler turn to face YOU!

Göring: I love you!

Göring tries to kiss the readAARs, but the Fourth Wall is in the way.

DON'T imagine a picture
of Göring trying to kiss you
It's bad for your sanity

Hitler: DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!!!

Himmler: Technically it wasn't, mein Führer. You never actually gave them the order.

Goebbels: And no Downfall references, please. They're even more commonplace than jokes about Göring and food these days.

Hitler: I will never accept that result!

Himmler draws his gun and points it at Hitler's head.

Hitler: WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

Himmler: Making sure it's a fair election.

Goebbels: Don't overdo it, Heinrich. You're already out-of-character.

Göring: Yeah, I'd never have dreamt of seeing Himmler defend democracy.

Lammers, from off-stage: Mein Führer, the readAARs want to know what decisions you'll take for the future of Germany! You should go back to your ministers!

Hitler: The readAARs have betrayed me! I will make them pay!

Himmler: They shall drown in their own blood?

Goebbels: I said "no Downfall references", Heinrich. How are you going to make them pay, mein Führer?

Hitler: I will not say another word until the next update! :mad:

**​

Last edited:
Awesome. How bizarre though that Himmler's the one defending democracy, and Hitler's foiled by the only people more powerful in Germany than he is--the readAARs! :D