• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bump in case people missed Alexon's edit update.

Chapter 1.5

Chapter 1.5: The Southern See-Saw​

All along the nationalist borders, the heroic forces of the Peoples Liberation Army poured across and succeeded in securing deep gains into nationalist territory. the sounds of revolution rang throuhgout the air as the heroic liberators made a Long March, driving the local nationalists before them

the victories of early september were short lived though, as the Japanese forces left the home islands, securing the holes in the nationalist line, and pushing the communists back, as well as securing the korean peninsula.

the forces of the red army swept down into manchuria, forcing the Japanese into the stout lines of the PLA, as the red army armored army swept to the coast, only to be cut off by japanese forces elsewhwere as the mongolians struggled against the hordes of the japaneese army to hold their borders.

By the end of November, the Communists had lost territory, but the forces of the Red Army were racing to the rescue, it was only a matter of time before the army of the rising sun was broken before the illumination that is the comintern.

Last edited:
Excellent work Comrades, we're almost there!

i wish, this update was short. theres easily another long while of war in the east, we just hope it doesn't conflict with my European commitments.

You have 2 years before 1939 so most likely it shouldn't.

Yeah...one of our most common phrases in our last session was 'are we winning yet'...

This part of the game got really rocky. I think at one point we had 20+ divisions collectively encircled...2 infantry corps of mine and all of Alexon's motorized divisions.

Last edited:
Hey, I've got a question for you guys, now that we're a bit further along with the Second Sino-Japanese War (or Second Russo-Japanese War, for Alexon47). Will CCIP's reunification of China events still fire, the way we've clusterfarked the normal event chains? Thanks.

I grunted as I heaved myself over the wall, landing on the other side among my hand-picked squad of mountaineers, veterans of the Long March one and all. Chairman Mao himself had stressed the importance of this mission, and I would not fail him. The Red Army, spearheaded by Comrade Zhukov, had made a heroic dash to the coast in their efforts to aid our struggle against the Japanese devils, but that son of a bitch Tojo had personally led their marines to a landing in Dalian, cutting off the heroic tankers of the Red Army. They were prepared to sell their lives dearly and take as many of the devils with them as they could, but some of their vital equipment and personnel could not be allowed to be taken by the devils. The list given to me in person by Comrade Zhu included various encryption and decryption devices, intelligence personnel, and of course, Comrade Zhukov himself. The capture of a Marshal would be an immense blow to morale, and would be a demonstration of our weakness to the imperialists. No, this could not be allowed.

I checked to ensure that my Type 17 was still securely silenced, and silently thanked the heroic workers of Barrikada's Design Bureau for their specialized design, built particularly for the People's light infantry. It had already saved my life once during this mission, and I knew that its bullet could blow a man's chest out from thirty meters.

We silently moved to the rendezvous point with the Soviet warriors and technicians we were to extract, taking care to stay away from any light. We had not infiltrated two hundred kilometers and lost five good men simply to fail tonight. Before we left, I had sworn an oath upon my status as one of China's Tiger Marshals to complete my mission or die trying, lest I be struck down by thunder.

Comrade Shao waved us forward, eye firmly fixed to the scope of his Mosin-Nagant, another weapon we were thankful to our Russian comrades for. As Comrade Wei sprinted across the last road before the hut the Russians were waiting for us in, a hail of gunfire sounded, and he fell. I barely had time to react before the characteristic sound of the Type 99 machine gun triggered my instincts and I dropped, hands scrabbling for my PPD-38.

"Tsao ta ma de bi! Go! Go! Get across the road! We will not fail!" I bellowed, nearly dragging Comrade Li with me as I charged from cover. Miraculously, neither of us was hit, and I sprinted towards the Russian hideout. Of all the luck! The devils had to have sent a random patrol here, of all places!

I burst into the hut, and froze. Over a dozen muzzles were pointed in my direction, and I wondered if this had been that good of an idea after all. Then the scarred face of Comrade Zhukov appeared, and I began breathing again. We had met several times before in Mongolia, and we respected each other a great deal. However, there was no time for niceties. "Comrades! The devils have ambushed us! Come, we need to leave, now!"

Zhukov nodded, and motioned to his men, who began to hurry outside. However, just as the first man took cover behind a tree, an explosion rocked the hut, and three men fell, screaming. "Chyort!" Comrade Zhukov grunted, and bellowed something I could not understand into a radio, then grabbed me and threw me bodily into a ditch.

"Comrade! How do we get out of this one?" I asked him, and he grinned, while waving for the rest of our men to get down. I stayed silent, confident that my friend still had some tricks. My confidence was badly shaken as three Japanese tanks rolled down the path, with at least a platoon of devils in tow. Even with some of the finest infantry in the People's Liberation Army, we would not be able to fight off this many devils.

Just then, an explosion sounded, and the lead Japanese tank disintegrated. The devils scattered in confusion, and our men, seeing the opportunity, rose up and gunned at least half of them down with automatic fire. Two more explosions sounded in rapid succession, and just like that, the path was clear. I looked at Comrade Zhukov in astonishment, and he laughed, waving towards two BT-7s that had appeared from around a turn in the road. "In Soviet Union, we say if brute force does not work, you are not using enough!"

- Marching for Mao, an autobiography of Lin Biao. Excerpt dated September 29, 1937.

Last edited:
Chapter 1.6

CHAPTER 1.6: A War Unknown to the World

By Late December the heroic forces of the red army had pushed through Manchuria to the outskirts to the mountain holdouts in dailan, but the Japanese have forced ther hold on the opressed people of korea. further west, mongolia had many troubles holding back the hordes of banzai crazed hordes that poured across the steppe, charging towards Ulan Bator.

unfortunately a defector in the peoples intelligentsia took all of the photos between january and march of 1938. we are still hunting the culprit down but in the meantime... THE RED ARMY MARCHES VICTORIOUS INTO BEIJING!!!!

The People rejoiced as the 1st mechanized army marched victoriously into beijing, proclaiming freedom, communisim, and fornication.... wait that cant be right. i'm pretty sure that last one was fraternal working brotherhood but anyways...

the second and 12th corps marched merrily allong the chinese coast, sweeping up all resistance in they're path as the forces in beijing try to link up with their communist brothers in china... when DISASTER STRIKES!!!

JAPANESE TREE COUNTERS HAVE INVADED SIBERIA!!!!! the forces of the peoples red army who forgot to move into manchuria were deployed to deal with the problem... but will it be enough?

Last edited:
Ow, I hope things get better Comrade, things look rather tough.

in every story there is hardship, especially when DAIM is involved

with DAIM you'll be lucky to have 1/4 of your normal territory, prepare to defend against the Rising Sun in Leningrad.

you get a cookie if you can guess where that is from.

Red Alert 3?

I present to you the Delicious Cookie Award

cookie.gif

Well, at least the horrid Soviet infrastructure will slow them down, and this is only 1937, so they haven't really built up momentum yet.

Not looking forward to the Great Patriotic War, though...

Chapter 1.7

Chapter 1.7: Was that an Oak or an Elm?

The dastardly forces of the IJN had landed on the shores of siberia with their top tree counting divisions on the job, making landings to the northest of the north, the slightly less north, and kinda sorta round vladivostok.

The situation in central Siberia looked grim as the Japanese had pushed through the Mongolian steppe and once again into the heart of the useless empty Russian wastes as the heroic forces of the Red army try to close the breach and push through to the slightly less heroic forces of the PLA. why are they less heroic? because they lose territory at the most inconvenient of times!

As the 1st red mountain army pushed into the high peaks of dantong, konevs 2ya korpus (army strength) pushed into Jinan, to the exhultation of that provinces citizens.

on the diplomatic side of things... the USSR helps out her friends.

Coming up next: July... Situation? Grim.

Hey now...it's not MY fault I don't have the IC to make use of the 'Wave' part of 'Human Wave'...