• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senators,
I fear my father was having he same sickness as many others: of wars as the best mean to make our republic rich and strong. That is not the way, and when he returns from this war, his patriotism made him enlist as a administrator despite his old age, I don't think we'll see much of him here. I've heard he got a bad pneumonia from chilly air. Camp life should be avoided by old men. Yet again he showed his bad judgement. He cannot take care of his own health, nor the health of Venice!
I will then vote against all European wars, as long as I live.

Girardino Barbarigo, son of Aureo, the senator.

There will be no members of our family here for a while. All senior men are out fighting, some in very prominent positions as we all know. I'll leave shortly for a business trip to the western Med, an area so far unaffected by war.

Esteemed Doge,
Fellow Senators of the Serenissima Republica,

I agree with senator Gradenigo on a lot of points. We should get an alliance with Hungary. They would help us defend ourselves against the Habsburgs who seem to hate us beyond reason. And they could even assist us in crushing the Ottomans, should we find this necessary.

And this war we are fighting. It will cost many lives and even more money. Perharps the capture of the goldmines of Tyrol will make up for most of the money, but if we don't capture them the costs of this war will by far exceed any profits made because of it.

But it's no use considering how we could have prevented it. We should look to the future.

I personally hope the war with the Ottomans will end soon. If I am correct the capture of Smyrna will be a difficult task and I would advise the Doge and the senate to be happy with the main goals of this war; expanding our territory in Egypt.

A peace with the Ottomans will free our armies to attack our true enemies; the Habsburgs. While we try to live in peace with them, they attack us whenever they see a weakness. We should make them regret this and weaken them by capturing their goldmines in Tyrol. And if possible even more of their lands.

And again; we should befriend Hungary.

And now is not the time so solve all problems, but if we have solved our current problems we might consider the troubles our traders have in Liguria.
The Genoese don't let them enter their cities. How long will we let this go on!
I think we should let our armies protect our traders in this situation. And perhaps we can use the Spanish to convince the Genoese that they are wrong here.

A last remark; I am shocked that some of the senators used our current problems to weaken the state for their own good. One does not ask for more rights in a situation such as this!
It makes one wonder why they voted for this war. For the good of Venice or for their own profit...

Miozozny said:
Esteemed Doge,
Fellow Senators of the Serenissima Republica,

I agree with senator Gradenigo on a lot of points. We should get an alliance with Hungary. They would help us defend ourselves against the Habsburgs who seem to hate us beyond reason. And they could even assist us in crushing the Ottomans, should we find this necessary.

And this war we are fighting. It will cost many lives and even more money. Perharps the capture of the goldmines of Tyrol will make up for most of the money, but if we don't capture them the costs of this war will by far exceed any profits made because of it.

But it's no use considering how we could have prevented it. We should look to the future.

I personally hope the war with the Ottomans will end soon. If I am correct the capture of Smyrna will be a difficult task and I would advise the Doge and the senate to be happy with the main goals of this war; expanding our territory in Egypt.

A peace with the Ottomans will free our armies to attack our true enemies; the Habsburgs. While we try to live in peace with them, they attack us whenever they see a weakness. We should make them regret this and weaken them by capturing their goldmines in Tyrol. And if possible even more of their lands.

And again; we should befriend Hungary.

And now is not the time so solve all problems, but if we have solved our current problems we might consider the troubles our traders have in Liguria.
The Genoese don't let them enter their cities. How long will we let this go on!
I think we should let our armies protect our traders in this situation. And perhaps we can use the Spanish to convince the Genoese that they are wrong here.

A last remark; I am shocked that some of the senators used our current problems to weaken the state for their own good. One does not ask for more rights in a situation such as this!
It makes one wonder why they voted for this war. For the good of Venice or for their own profit...
I agree with Senator Gradenigo as well. We should ally with the Hungarians to protect our selves

dogalshield.png
Honorable Senators,

1570c.jpg

Thank you very much for my election as your new Doge. After the passing of Pietro Loredano it will be up to me to end this terrible war against the Ottomans. But, as a member of the Blue Party I will order Fodoroni to proceed with the war until we utterly crush the Ottoman Empire so they will never again are a menace to us, and we can pick whatever is left of them when we so decide.

1570d.jpg

The Pope has informed us that the Holy Church has initiated a series of reforms as recommended by the Council of Trent. Catholic countries are now able to turn into zealot states to fight Protestantism. But this goes so much against our tolerant nature that I will not promote such initiative, unless the senators request it. As you all know, two senators are enough to request an election on anything at anytime, and the Doge is obliged by our Constitution to carry out the requested election.

1571.jpg

Once more we declined to sale offices. Such practices go against our republican principles.

The news from the war are excelent. Transylvania has fallen to our attack. All the Balkans are under our control, but Bragadino has died. His remains have been recovered and a memorial will be held at the church of Sts. Giovanni e Paolo. A great naval victory was also obtained at Lepanto, but Vice Admiral Agostino Barbarigo died from his wounds. Expensive victories indeed.

1571f.jpg

But all this could turn to nothing, because Maximilian Habsburg has declared war to us again. It is the second time that he backstabs us while we defend Christendom against the Turk. I have given Fodoroni orders of teaching him a lesson that he shall not forget. I have also ordered that our economy is fully turned into feeding our war machine. We need to make a great effort to repell the Germans from our lands.

But first we need to end our war with the Turks, as we cannot fight them both at the same time. We start with Crimea, that has been offering money for some time. There is no land to be gained, neither for us, nor for Theodoros, so we accept their money. 40[,000] very needed ducats for our war effort.

1571g.jpg

With all this problems, our mood is not very good when an exceptional court painter offers to make our portrait. I guess this Titian has not chosen the best of times to show up, so we sent him away.

1572.jpg

Your Doge

Mocenigo2.gif
Alvise I Mocenigo, LXXXV Dux Venetiarum. Nov. 1571.
85.jpg

dogalshield.png
Honorable Senators,

1574b.jpg

Thank you very much. So many of you have contributed to the war effort that our tax income has raised. Thanks for declaring every income in your last tax declaration, and I am sorry to inform you that there will be no tax returns this year due to the war. The positive news is that an amnesty has been declared on all that cheated in their taxes for as long as they pay the dues with interests. No fines will be otherwise imposed.

As you all now, we have been receiving positive news from the front. The Austrian war, albeit expensive in blood and ducats, has been succesfully conducted by our good Fodoroni. We are in conditions of dictating our own terms to Maximiliam and the Senate has decided that he shall be deprived of his main source of income. We have demanded the surrender of the province of Tirol, together with the mines that produce gold, and 200[,000] ducats in war indemnities to share with our allies.

1574e.jpg

With the war concluded satisfactorily, I will soon report on the state of our Serenissima Repubblica, now more serene than ever.

A final note of interest to us. The Poles have crushed Crimea, taking Azov and making the Tatars their vassals, They have conquered Sochi too. They have then invaded Ottoman Europe and conquered Bujak and Dobrudja, and they are now attacking simultaneously Rumelia, Serbia, Wallachia and Transylvania. I do think the Ottomans are in their way of being expelled from Europe by our neighbors, and it is all our doing.

Your Doge

Mocenigo2.gif
Alvise I Mocenigo, LXXXV Dux Venetiarum. Jul. 1574.
85.jpg

New Alliances?

After the betrayal of the Hapsburgs (Austria & Spain), we are in the untenable situation of having the vassal (Genoa) of our ally (Spain) exercising a trade embargo and the blood relatives of the same ally repeatedly declaring war on us. Furthermore with the emergence of the dutch as a colonial competitor and the wars of religion looming across North and Western Europe it looks like we will be dragged into further wars and these will be wars not of our choosing.

We have just survived being attacked by our rivals and enemies at a time not of our choosing. This should be prevented from happening again, all further wars that we find our selves in should be wars of opportunity so we only fight when we are ready to fight. This brings us to the question of who would best protect us from Hapsburg and Turk aggression?

In an ideal world I beleive the Hungarians and Poles fit the bill. After much debate there is a growing concensus on the idea that we should not conquer more territory in the Balkans so there is not a clash of interests in that area and we can share in the break up of the Ottoman Empire. Both are enemies of the Hapsburgs and if there is any potential of an Orthodox country emerging in the East (Russia) that could potentially be rival, with the help of the Poles and Hungarians we should be able to limit it's power.

I gather that from day one this Senate decided not to get embroiled in the wars and conquests of Northern Europe but i beleive that while the Hapsburgs are such a threat we must maintain the balance of power. For our own personal security if nothing else, once we are secure on our Northern boarder we can build a colonial empire in the East indes and Far East to rival the French, English, Spanish, Portugese and Dutch empires being created in the West Indes and the Americas.

Therefore, I request that Fodoroni looks into the feasability of building an alliance with the Poles and Hungarians so that for the next election this Senate can make an informed decision and vote for such an idea.

Senator Cuthbertus III

Cornaro_G.gif

Great-great grandfather Carlo is vindicated. How many centuries must we watch the great nations to learn that those who quail at strength and doubt the strength of arms NEVER control their own destiny? Certainly we may find a distant day when we have over-reached or found ourselves at too great an oppenent, but NOT THIS DAY!! Alba gu bra! [ooc--Okay, so we aren't Scottish, but its the best war scream that I know of to actually spell--LOL]

More issues will come our way. I am sure our Hapsburg neighbors will try to reload in order to retake their lands. Doge, I could not tell from either report if the Spanish held onto to Zeeland---it appeared from the peace negotiations that you might have concluded only as an individual nation allowing the Spanish to prosecute their war gains alone.

However, now is the time for the young Senators to learn lessons that will serve them well in future times---we had picked our spot well, caught our enemy weak and were clearly ready mentally, if not fully militarily, for the Austrian advance. It was clear they were coming, thus we knew it and were ready---no fear and no alarm was needed.

As far as new alliances, I would only offer that the Hungarians have never been our friend. I suppose we could try--joining the Hungarian/Polish alliance would certainly protect our Balkan front allowing us to push our new agenda in India. I just don't know if the value is worth the ducats. I could imagine it taking several state gifts to befriend them and even then, I am not so sure they will take us.

I suppose we will have to see. I am most interested in the outcome of the Polish war Doge. I believe that it had already been noted by my father that Poland was growing large. They are an unknown people to us, but if they control land in both the northern Sea and our Black Sea, they must be doing something right. In any case, I pray that their advance in the Balkans does eliminate the Ottomans, but at the same time, we must watch closely that this does not, in turn, bring a larger enemy to our shores. It is one thing to free an oppressed people and then, allowing them to go free as a vassal, have a somewhat quiet neighbor---it is something else entirely to replace one evil superpower with another.

But that worry is for another day. Toast again to victorious Fodoroni! We have done well, secured our holdings around the Nile (hey--maybe we should try to dig that trench or canal now) :p and opened further our door to India. Onward friends, more trade posts, more colonies, more trade.

The infidel is on his way out of Europe. It is a good day indeed.

1569-1573 Account:

Year 1569
-Recruited 1,000 inf. for 17D in Alexandria
-Sent trader to Louga (16D, 57%). It failed
-Quality +1 (now 9) Stability dropped by -1 to -1
-Built 1 warship in Veneto for 46D
-Sent trader to Louga (16D, 57%). It failed
-Sent colonist to Louga (86D, 29%). It succeded
Stability rose to +0
-Built 1 warship in Nile for 46D
-Recruited 1,000 inf. for 17D in Kerch

Important international events nearby
Netherlands allied to Austria, Bavaria and Berg
Spain annexed Zapotec. Lots of gold events
Kara Koyunlu surrendered Syria and Kurdistan to Ottoman Empire
Pommerania (Danzing) embargoed us
French Catholics declared independence from Burgundy

Our diplomacy
Venice, Spain & Theodoros DoW Ottoman Empire, Mughal Empire, Crimea, Qazaq Horde, Cologne & Yemen. Bulgaria dishonored

Year 1570
-Recruited 9,000 inf. for 153D in Thrace
-Recruited 4,000 inf. 2,000 cav. for 134D in Macedonia
We gained control of Rumelia, Serbia, Bosnia & Bujak from Ottoman Empire
-Recruited 1,000 inf. for 17D in Kerch
Nobles demand old rights happened to us. We chose to accept, Centralization -1 (vs. Stab -2)
-Recruited 1,000 inf. for 17D in Nile

Netherlands embargoed us
Cologne annexionated by Burgundy
French Catholics joined Ottoman alliance and DoW Venice alliance

Our diplomacy

Year 1571
New land leader G. Savorgnano (3, 1, 1, 1)
-Recruited 7,000 inf. 2,000 cav. for 185D in Thrace
-Recruited 1,000 inf. for 17D in Alexandria
-Recruited 2,000 inf. 1,000 cav. for 67D in Thrace
Sale of offices happened to us. We declined, -5 VP (vs. +100D, -1 Tax value in Apulia)
We gained control of Wallachia & Transylvania from Ottoman Empire
-Recruited 1,000 inf. for 17D in Nile
Land leader Bragadino died
-Recruited 6,000 inf. 1,000 cav. for 135D in Thrace
Stability rose to +1
Investment set at 50% minting, 50% land

Austria, Bavaria, Berg & Netherlands DoW Venice, Spain & Theodoros

Our diplomacy

Year 1572
-Recruited 3,000 inf. 2,000 cav. for 117D in Romagna
-Recruited 4,000 inf. for 68D in Firenze
-Recruited 2,000 inf. 1,000 cav. for 67D in Marche
-Recruited 4,000 inf. 2,000 cav. for 134D in Dalmatia
-Recruited 3,000 inf. 1,000 cav. for 84D in Istria
-Recruited 4,000 inf. 3,000 cav. for 167D in Firenze
We gained control of Egypt & Delta from Ottoman Empire
-Recruited 5,000 inf. for 85D in Romagna
Exceptional court painter available happened to us. We declined, -5 VP (vs. Innovative +1)
-Recruited 3,000 inf. 1,000 cav. for 84D in Istria
-Recruited 4,000 inf. 1,000 cav. for 101D in Dalmatia
We lost control of Lombardia to Austria
-Built 1 transport in Nile for 14D
We gained control of Presburg from Austria

Poland, Brandenburg, Denmark, Courland & The Knights DoW Ottoman Empire, Mughal Empire, Crimea, Qazaq Horde, Yemen & French Catholics

Our diplomacy
Our peace offer of +118D was accepted by Crimea
Our peace offer of +175D, Egypt to Venice, Delta to Venice and military offer was accepted by Ottoman Empire

Year 1573
-Recruited 10,000 inf. 4,000 cav. for 302D in Mantua

Asturias defected from Portugal to Spain
We gained control of Steiermark, Odenburg & Moravia from Austria
We recovered control of Lombardia from Austria
We lost control of Odenburg to Austria
Sent colonist to Louga (86D 47%). It succeeded
Sent colonist to Kerala (77D 21%). It failed
Sent colonist to Louga (86D 48%). It succeeded
Revolt in Nile
Sent colonist to Kerala (77D 21%). It failed
Native attack in Louga (failed)
Native attack in Kerala (failed)

Our diplomacy
Renewed royal marriage to Savoy
Our 14% peace offer to Bavaria (-300D) was rejected
Our 15% peace offer to Bavaria (-250D) was rejected

Year 1574
Internal trade ordinance happened to us. Tax value in Firenze and Romagna +1
Sent colonist to Louga (84D 53%). It succeeded
We lost control of Presburg to Austria
Sent colonist to Louga (84D 58%).
Sent colonist to Kerala (77D 24%).
We gained control of Erz & Tyrol from Austria
-Built Governor in Egypt for 111D
-Built Governor in Delta for 111D
-Built Governor in Tirol for 111D

Crimea became a vassal of Poland and surrendered Azov to Poland

Our diplomacy
Our peace offer of +200D & Tyrol to Venice, was accepted by Austria

Senator Cornaro,

No the peace was all inclusive, and Spain is also at peace now. The picture was informative about the contribution of the Spanish-Dutch war to the final score.

Dear participants and makers of this fantastic AAR. I am currently overloaded with work before summer holidays. This AAR has been going strong since last November, and now we reach the first summer period :D. I will post the last report soon, and then I will continue the AAR in September. I hope to see you all here after a good summer. The thread remains open for those wanting to post in it. Those of you that want to be notified when the AAR resumes in September, can send me their e-mail by PM.

Happy summer break.

Well it certainly is stifiling here at home, so I will enjoy taking the time to visit our estates in Cyprus. We have also talked about travelling down the historic Nile now that our valient troops have secured the way.

While personally sad, you deserve the break. "Summer Holidays?"--must be a European/Spanish thing? LOL :cool: I guess now I'll actually have to spend ALL my time getting my history classes ready. :p

Dear Senators and revered Doge,

I propose to become a senator of the Serenissima Republic and to give my proposals for Election 49

Election 49

DF: Portugal, Spain, Bulgaria

F: Austria, Hungary

A:Burgundy, France, Genoa

War with the Ottoman heretics at the right moment would benefit us

Sincerest regards to the Republic, Fernando D'Alema

semper_liberum said:
Dear Senators and revered Doge,

I propose to become a senator of the Serenissima Republic and to give my proposals for Election 49

Sincerest regards to the Republic, Fernando D'Alema

Welcome to the Senate, BTW this is a great AAR, mostly thanks to Fodoron.
However, he has declared a break unitl September, so you'll have to wait it out with the rest of us. Also, I think we are up to Election 59, when we resume.

Cheers,

AG

Barbarigo.gif
Aureo Barbarigo​

Capitani Fodoroni have been seen lurking in the city, the political scene will soon live up again!
A thing of great principal imporatance have occured while I was absent. Tirol was captured from the treacherous Habsburg, and apparently annexed in the peace that followed. Was this decided by the senate, or in a plot of our military commander and our very military minded Doge? Is this allowed by our constitution!? Let me hear your opinion senators!

Anyhow, it is done, and Venice will have to live with the eternal animosity of the Austrians, who often in the past have led strong alliances We can live with that. In fact, if we play our cards right we will be able to get rich enough, and with good allies, to never fear any European power. We all want that, but some senators might fool themselves of the best way to achieve it. I tell you, it is not by fighting ruinous aggressive wars for more poor provinces. It is not by fighting the Ottoman Sultan for more Arabic lands.

The policy of the last decade have put us in a vulnerable position, and we will have to keep large forces and spend a lot of money in Egypt to pacify it. The cost to keep a stable state have almost doubled, is my guess. Our income have not doubled. This is not good business. We must assimilate the Egyptians into our European Christian ways! This is the great task of our generation.

Oh, I see a few of you frown, and I heard you ask in the back benches how it would be payed for! It will be very costly, you are right! But it will be much more costly to have to pay for keeping up stability, instead of developing or state. It will be very costly to keep and expand shares in the trade centers with low stability. These costs will go on for years and years! For every year we will lose from what could be done instead with all that gold.
Trade, colonies and conversions should be what we plan for in the future, until the last one of us here have been replaced by our sons and grandsons!

[very interesting about the battle of Lepanto and galley warfare!]

Yes, I am slowly coming back from the workload that has accumulated during my summer retirement. Soon I will be back to full speed. It is time to call back the senators to our meetings in the Ducal Palace.

Senator Barbarigo, we are merchants in our blood, and some between us dream impossible dreams of empires conquered, and a Rome reborn. But we are no Romans. Yet the Habsburg had to be punished for their insitence in reclaiming the Duchy of Milan as an imperial possession. The senate decided that we could make a better use for all that gold in Tyrol, than the Austrians, and after all the enemity between Imperials and Venetians has been for many years one of our main worries. The question of the patriarchate of Aquileia, and their need of a port to the Venetian sea in Istrian lands had poisoned our relationships. Hopefully this time they will get the message.

Our generation indeed has important challenges to meet. Let's not forget about our talks of expanding our Indian operations to attack and recover the spice trade lost to the Portuguese.

I will soon be presenting a full report to help senators get over the vacation syndrome.

Dear Capitano Generale,

I am happy you finally came back, I was missing our regular sessions at the Senate. I hope your temporary retirement was refreshing and restful enough to ensure your continued efficiency at the effective head of our beloved Republic.

I am even happier to see that you did not forget about our Indian Wealth Project, and who our true enemies are : other traders. However, let's not forget the adversaries we have in the italian peninsula proper.

Respectfully,
Senator Sergio Gradenigo

[size=+1]1573 Report (December)[/size]
The economic report was made at the scheduled date, Dec. 1573, when we were still at war with Austria. The diplomatic report and the pictures correspond to July 1574.

1574f.jpg

Economy
Stability +1
Stability cost = 1992D/level (war exhaustion +5%)
Treasury = 561D
Inflation 12%

Code:
Number of provinces:
1419     6
1443    11
1468    13
1493    20
1518    25
1543    26
1568    29
1573    33 (before Tyrol, but including Kerala and Louga)

Yearly income from provinces:
           Tax       Prod     Manp
1419      29.86      23.48     6.2
1443      80.78      55.47    12.0
1468     111.33      90.87    17.0
1493     180.55     175.82    27.5
1518     199.73     206.22    34.5
1543     223.00     249.01    42.5
1568     238.69     343.06    45.8
1573     212.40     349.86    45.8

Monthly income:
           Tax     Prod     Trade    Gold    Total   mil. maint. (50%)
1419       9.3      2.0       5.9     0.0     17.2       -1.7
1443      17.7      4.6       7.9     0.0     30.3       -3.4
1468      22.8     11.8       4.4     0.0     39.1       -4.1
1493      33.7     16.7      16.0     0.0     66.9       -5.7
1518      38.7     21.1      17.9     0.0     79.2       -8.2
1543      48.4     23.8      24.3     0.0     96.5       -7.6
1568      57.5     29.9      35.9     0.0    123.4      -12.0 
1573      63.8     33.5      36.3     0.0    133.6      -15.6

55 merchants in CoTs (-6). 5.8 merchants/year
4 colonists/year
Trade efficiency is 72% (first nation). Production efficiency is 63% (second nation)

National
Monarch Alvise I Mocenigo
Administrative Good (7)
Diplomacy Average (6)
Military Average (5)

Code:
Domestic policies:
Year 1500 +     1419 03 08 13 18 23 28 33 38 43 48 53 58 63 68 73
Aristocracy        4  3  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  4  -  -  -  5  4  -
Centralization     3  8  -  9  8  -  -  - 10  9  -  -  -  - 10  9
Innovative         4  5  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Mercantilism       5  8  -  -  -  -  -  7  -  -  -  -  8  -  -  -
Offensive          2  4  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  3  2  1  -  -
Land               2  1  -  -  -  0  -  -  -  -  -  -  1  -  -  -
Quality            6  8  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  7  -  -  -  -  8  9
Serfdom            4  1  -  -  -  0  -  -  -  -  -  -  1  -  -  -

Technology + % of next level (estimated date, current investment)
Land 14 + 26% (1577, 25%) [Bonus = 3D]
Naval 12 + 82% (1576, 10%) [Bonus = 2D]
Trade 6 + 93% (1577, 65%) [No bonus]
Infrastructure 5 + 10% (1732, 0%) [No bonus]

Manufactories:
Refinery in Crete (finished in 1456)
Refinery in Morea (finished in 1478)
Refinery in Napoli (finished in 1495)

Provinces of wrong religion: Muslim (Alexandria, Cataract, Nile, Delta, Egypt).

Military

Leaders:
Land leader G. Savorgnano (3, 1, 1, 1)

Army 66k infantry, 40k cavalry, 70 artillery
maintenance cost at 50% is 12.4 D/month
Army support limit = 103 000
Cost of army units:
Infantry 17D
Cavalry 32D
Artillery 26D

Navy 18 warships, 123 galleys, 21 transports
maintenance cost at 50% 3.2 D/month
Navy support limit = 226
Cost of naval units:
warships 46D
Galleys 9D
Transports 14D

Manpower pool = 55 (27,000/year)

International

This chapter refers to the present situation in July 1574

1) Standing
Allies: Spain and Theodoros
Bad Boy 27.3/42 rather bad
Permanent CB: Genoa, Netherlands
Temporary CB:

Countries with permanent CB on Venice:
Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Papal States, Spain, Savoy, Bulgaria, Crimea, Austria

1574g.jpg

Dark Green represents countries with > +150 relationship to us. Light Green represents countries with +75 to +150 relationship to us. White countries have -75 to +75 relationship to us. Bright red countries have between -75 and -150 relationship to us, and dark red countries have < -150 relationship to us.

2) Neighbours and near-neighbours by areas (allies). Underlined countries have land/strait border to Venice:

Italy:
Papal States
Venice (Spain RM MA, Theodoros RM MA)
Genoa
Savoy RM MA (Scotland, Huguenots, Oldenburg, Switzerland)
North:
Danubian:
Austria MA (Bavaria, Berg, Netherlands)
Hungary
Balkan/Carpatian/Asia minor:
Bulgaria
Poland (Brandenburg, Denmark, Courland the Knights and Portugal)
OE (Mughal Empire, Qazaq Horde, Yemen and French Catholics)
Mediterranean:
Black sea:
Crimea
Uzbek (Afghanistan, Kara Koyunlu)
Other:
France (Burgundy)

Note: We have two new neighbors, Poland and Bavaria

3) Vassalages:
Papal States, Bulgaria and Theodoros are vassals of Venice
France is a vassal of Burgundy
Genoa is a vassal of Spain
Bavaria is a vassal of Austria
Brandenburg, Courland and Crimea are vassals of Poland

4) Changes in our area:
Kara Koyunlu surrendered Syria and Kurdistan to Ottoman Empire
French Catholics declared independence from Burgundy
Cologne was annexed by Burgundy
Ottoman Empire surrendered Delta and Egypt to Venice
Asturias defected from Portugal to Spain
Crimea surrendered Azov to Poland and became its vassal
Austria surrendered Tyrol to Venice.

Revered Doge,
Honorable Senators,
Respected Capitano Generale,

I hereby ask you not to see in the presence of the burgundian-spanish flag any change in my policy. I still promote a change of alliance, in favor of Hungary.

I'm just victim of the lack of manpower of the french kingdom in a friendly competition with spanish representatives. :eek:o

Greetings,
Senator Sergio Gradenigo
a.k.a Flemish Exilee in Francophonia