• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian_King

Captain
41 Badges
Mar 17, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • East India Company
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Göttdämmerung (1944) -
A Canadian AAR​

PropagandaPic.jpg

Ok this is my first AAR so bare with me. I will be playing as Canada on v1.1. It will basically be vanilla except that I have the no time limit mod on it. I will only use the robespierre (move dip sliders) cheat to make me full interventionist, full hawk lobby and full standing army and then i will disable it. The style of the AAR will be a narrative but with maybe 1 or two pieces of dialogue.

I will be playing on normal/ normal.

I will start within the next week if RL doesn't get in the way.

P_K

Last edited:
The Plan

EDIT : 100th post( not a great landmark but 100 posts in just under 6 months ain't too bad)

The aim of this AAR is to see whether I as Canada can hasten the end of the war via the Normandy Beach head. However, if that does not look possible I will be attempting to open up a fourth front and tie down a proportion of Germany's forces.

If I manage that then I will try and save as much of Germany's possessions from the Red Army as I can (including Berlin).

My next post will contain my predictions of who will control what at certain times and the exact details for Plan X.

Last edited:
Why use 1.1? 1.2's not perfect but at least some of the worst bugs are gone, such as excess winter attrition. I'm not sure why you'd want to use Canada either, since only a tiny minority of the anti-Axis units are yours, and Military Control often doesn't work properly. D-Day's already happened, and the Allied AI is OK at exploiting and reinforcing existing beachheads. Using the same scenario, a GER or JAP VH/F AAR might be more interesting. If you still want an underdog, maybe CHI?

Permanganate: the last 20 times I have played this scenario the Allies have had the beach head squashed and ended up with the war continuing to 1947 so I just thought I would try and stop that from happening. And why use 1.1 you ask? Well because when I tried to download 1.2 my computer is so slow after 4 hours it had still only progressed to 10%. Well hope that answers your question. Anyway I might try a Germany one after this.

Metal: I hope this is interesting as well.

P_K

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly hope you victory. Canada cannot fail. It's not in our nature. Bring the Canadian shock troops of the World Wars to Berlin!

I am Canadian, but please note that I am not as much of a patriotic zealot as the above two lines would suggest.

I do want to watch this, though. Canada rules.

Phoenix Dace said:
I wholeheartedly hope you victory. Canada cannot fail. It's not in our nature. Bring the Canadian shock troops of the World Wars to Berlin!

I am Canadian, but please note that I am not as much of a patriotic zealot as the above two lines would suggest.

I do want to watch this, though. Canada rules.

Yeah. Thats me. Go Canada! *waves flag*

Good show, I am awaiting this eagerly. :)

Not at all. Always willing to read a good yarn. :)

Ok but don't say good cos I wouldn't want a disappointed reader on my hands. Anyway, originally I was planning on an AAR which would have a World War until bout late 1945 to early 1946 but I was wondering do any of you mind it turning into a Cold War slash Hot War AAR (events in Europe have changed this AAR) But it would be that only once the War is ended in the Pacific.

Last edited:
So the show begins:
------------------------------------------------------------------

June 20 1944 - 0:00 GMT

The Foreign Ministry building in Ottawa -

Mackenzie King: Henry, what is the situation in London at the moment?

Henry Crerar: Sir, The British and American governments have made a number of requests that should be brought to your attention.

Mackenzie King: Yes, yes.

Henry Crerar: Firstly, the War Office requests that all available troops be sent to the beach head in Normandy to relieve the British and American troops that are stationed there for offensive duties.

Mackenzie King: Is this possible?

Henry Crerar: It is possible sir but it may take alot of time to transport our troops from Vancouver and Alaska.

Mackenzie King: How long?

Henry Crerar: How long sir? I would say that they would get to Halifax by the 20th July if they left right away.

Mackenzie King: Send the message. What about the troops in Naples?

Henry Crerar: That would also be possible. However we would have to wait until after we ave shipped the Home troops to Normandy.

Mackenzie King: Fine. The other requests were?

Henry Crerar: The American government has offered a trade agreement of Oil, Energy,Metal and Rare Materials.

Mackenzie King: This is Ian's area but tell him I expect him to accept.

Henry Crerar: Yes sir. We have another matter that concerns Plan X.

Mackenzie King: We have to wait until Percy arrives before we can discuss it.

Secretary: Percy Nelles has arrived now sir.

Mackenzie King: Send him right through.

Ok these are the areas that named people are responsible for:

Mackenzie King - Head of Government, Foreign Minister
Ian A. Mackenzie - Armaments Minister
Henry Crerar - Chief of Staff, Chief of Army, I am also using him as an unofficial represenitive of Mackenzie King in London.
Percy Nelles - Chief of Navy

P_K

Last edited:
Plan X

June 20 1944 – 01:00 GMT

Mackenzie King: How are you Percy?

Percy Nelles: I am fine the fleet just arrived in St John.

Mackenzie King: Good, good but that was not the reason we needed to talk to you though.

Percy Nelles: Really? And what was?

Henry Crerar: Well as you should know it has taken 14 days to break out of Northern Normandy. We feel that this is too slow and at this rate the Red Army will reach Hamburg before we have reached Luxembourg.

Percy Nelles: Yes. That would be a shame.

Mackenzie King: Quite Right.

Henry Crerar: A plan has been drawn up to try and prevent this. Plan X is that plan. Plan X –

Mackenzie King: – involves the opening of a Fourth Front.

Percy Nelles: Let me guess some where in Northern Europe.

Henry Crerar: Yes. Here!

(Points at a spot on the map table)

Percy Nelles: That is a bit risky isn’t it?

Mackenzie King: Yes but the chance of success outweighs the chance of failure.

Percy Nelles: The Royal Canadian Navy shall do their bit in this venture.

Mackenzie King: Excellent.

Henry Crerar: Jolly Good.

Finally next time on Göttdämmerung (1944) – A Canadian AAR:

We found out what Plan X is exactly.

Last edited:
Nice. Plan X, this should be good. :)

Dont all operations and offensives have to go through General Eisenhower first, since he's the Supreme Commander of the European Theatre...

About time you had a Canadian Supreme Commander, eh!

Earth's Savior:
Nice. Plan X, this should be good.

I hope so

Carthade:
Dont all operations and offensives have to go through General Eisenhower first, since he's the Supreme Commander of the European Theatre...

The Canadians are being rebellious. In this piece of history Canada decides what Canadians do, America decides what Americans do etc.

A trooper:
About time you had a Canadian Supreme Commander, eh!

Wait and see

Anyway due to it taking some time to upload my pictures to Photobucket it may be 1 or 2 days until the next update. Hopefully I will get past the 20th June with this one but I probably won't. :D

Last edited:
Invasion of
58cc48dd.jpg

20th June 1:30 GMT

Henry Crerar: As we were saying, we have requested that a team of experts come up with a plan for a fourth front. They decided that the best place for this front would be...

Mackenzie King:...Denmark

Canada44AAR2.jpg

Henry Crerar: As you can see from this map they have given predictions of what our Allies would control in December 1944 if we went ahead with Plan X, what the Soviet Union would control in August 1944 and what they would control in December 1944. Furthermore, it shows us the suggested invasion point and predicts what we would control in August and December 1944. The 15th August is set as D-day.

Percy Nelles: And the navy's role is just to ferry the troops in and if necessary evacuate -

Mackenzie King: Evacuation will not be required. We shalt enter Warsaw in triumph.

Henry Crerar: Sir don't get carried away.

Mackenzie King: Sorry, sorry. Percy come here this map is clearer.

(Henry rolls up the first map and unrolls the second one)

d9f72db2.jpg

Percy Nelles: What do these figures indicate?

Henry Crerar: Suspected troop dispositions.

Percy Nelles: Where are Germany's naval vessels stationed?

Henry Crerar: We have reason to believe that the submarines are based in Bremen and that the surface fleet is based in Lubeck, Danzig and Konigsberg.

Mackenzie King: Percy, Any alterations?

Percy Nelles: No, no everything is fine.

Mackenzie King: Gentlemen I must ask you to keep this to yourselves. Percy you may inform George of the plans. Make sure he is alone when you tell him.

Percy Nelles: Ok.

Mackenzie King: This is the start of a new role for Canada in World Politics and History.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I didn't manage to get out of the 20th June yet but nearly there.

Finally next time on : Göttdämmerung (1944) – A Canadian AAR :

Preparations for Invasion and Suspicions mount.

Ok before I post my next update I would like to request some feedback on the AAR so faar. The date in my sig will change when I next update.

P_K

Last edited:
Well. I was hoping for a Canadian redo of Operation Dragoon, but an invasion of Denmark could let Canadian and Allied troops fighting out of your territory give Canada Berlin. Good job.

I hope Canada takes all of Denmark so they're theirs to liberate. Don't forget to take Bornholm as well, or when the Germany Surrenders event fires, they'll be created as just Bornholm and not in your alliance so you can't give them back their regular provinces.

In any case, I like Plan X. Just wondering, do you plan on using no fog of war for the whole game, or just to show off your plans to us?