• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After looking at the CB file, I think a CB FAQ is in order. Bill of Rights is nasty now, since you get it on any country that either has a vassal or could release a nation, and you get cheaper costs to force them to release vassals or nations.

A great ruler, France annexed, Austria and Castile beaten without much trouble.... The amount of fun from this game must be reduced quite a bit now. Well done on getting this far.

I've played past 1512, and it's still pretty fun. We'll see how long the fun lasts...

Chapter 14: Converting to Protestantism

February 28, 1496: Trier is vassalized, since they are an elector.

April 13: Castille declares war on Navarra, and GB defends Navarra. Only I'm allowed to pick on defenseless OPMs!

April 23: Sicily's army is crushed in Napoli, followed by a lightning assault to take the province.

May 1: Castille has become Protestant since last time I looked. Looks like they hit the event that can turn you Protestant early if you have heretics take provinces...
p14castilleprotestant.png

August 1: Murcia converts to Protestant.

October 4: Nemours converts to Protestant.

November 1: Naval 11 gives us Caravels. We take this opportunity to build some big ships.

November 11: Aragon finally takes Avignon in a siege, and they concede defeat (they had no money).

December 1: Sicily is forced to release Naples, renounce all external cores, and annul some treaties.

December 3: Merchants complain, so we take the free slider move to Plutocracy.

December 12: Since we have the right sliders, and it's better to convert early than late, Bar officially converts to Protestantism. Since we're slightly innovative, we don't get very many missionaries. This means we're going to rely on free conversions. We also will be spending on stability for a long while.
p14barprotestant.png

May 13, 1497: Spies are sent to Cologne to try and spark rebellion, but they are put down.

July 12: Castille annexes Navarra.

1497 conversions: Madrid, Savoie, Cordoba, Normandie

March 23, 1498: Wilhelm II of Hesse becomes HRE. The conversion to protestant puts a speed bump on our path to HRE.

May 28: Unsurprisingly, we get the Religious Civil Disorder event.

June 23: Heretic Subjugation. We give concessions for 4 months to get a free innovative slider move.

July 19: The Savoyard revolutionary rebels in Franche Comte are beaten, so we immediately send in Burgundian patriot rebels.

November 21: Franche Comte falls to Barrois-backed Burgundian patriots. They move to Bourgogne.

1498 conversions: Cadiz, Lyonnais, Badajoz, Caceres.

April 3: Burgundy collapses, and we get Bourbon and Bourgogne.
p14burgundycollapses.png

May 9: The Reformation begins in Switzerland.

July: Religion in Spain. Keep in mind, it's still 1499.
p14spainreligion1499.png

August 1: Stability 0 lets us switch Battlefield Commissions for Unum Sanctum. This will help avoid conversion to reformed, speed up conversion to Protestant, and give us some extra CBs if we need them.

1499 conversions: Anjou, Champagne, La Manche.

March 15, 1500: Boundary Dispute gives us a core on Trier.

June 9: National Focus moved to Granada.

June 19: Boundary Dispute gives us a core on Leon.

1500 conversions: Almeria, Languedoc, Galicia.

March 11, 1501: A look at Castille: 3 provinces taken by GB, 4 by rebels, only 1 controlled by Castille.

April 18: Caesar (the heir) dies via the beloved heir dies event. We find solace in a maid, and Charles Henri is born. 8 Admin, 3 Dip, 8 Mil. I'll take that...

July 15: GB annexes Friesland.

August 1: Franche-Comte defects to us from Savoy. 3 provinces from 2 sets of rebels...not bad.

September 19: Boundary dispute gives us a core on Toledo.

July 24, 1502: Castille cedes Cantabria to GB, and releases Navarra. At some point in the last year, Burgos and Castilla La Vieja defected to Aragon, where they are put to work generating income for me via the PU. :)

November 23: Test Act passed. 0.5 missionaries/year for -1 tolerance for heretics.

December 1: Land 15. Weapons manufactories, along with Small and Large Brass Cannons.

1502 conversions: Toulouse, Brabant (missionary), Poitou, Metz,

June 6, 1503: GB starts the Counter-Reformation. With our stability still at -1, and 15-20 rebellions a year, we can't afford to do anything about this...yet.
p14counterreformation.png

June 15: Slider move to full quality. We lose stability, of course.

June 26: GB annexes Navarra.

July 27: GB excommunicates OPM Province (they have Maine only now).

November 25: Andalucia converts to reformed. It would be a CoT that converts first, bastards. A missionary is immediately dispatched.

1503 conversions: Nevers.

May 18: A religious map of Europe.
]

1504 conversions: Lothringen, Rouergue, Franche-Comte.

June 15: RM with our religious brothers in Castille. They have a weak heir, so we might claim it...but our Legitimacy has sunk to 31 due to our low stability.

September 24: A 6 star grand marshal is trained with cultural tradition and hired.

1505 conversions: Ancona (missionary), Limburg (Reformed), Abruzzi, Vermandois, Orleanais.

March 9: Portugal annexes Shawnee. The race for the new world is on. They declare war on Maya 3 weeks later.

September 14: Austria smacks the Ottomans so hard Mohammed feels it.
p14austriavottomans.png

October 1: Stability returns to 0.

1506 conversions: Provence, Antwerpen

January 1, 1507: Government 17 gives us a new idea slot. We take Press Gangs - it's the only chance we have to come close to matching Britain.

January 2: Military access is revoked from the Reformed heretics in the Palatinate (an elector). War is declared a month later. It's not much of a fight.
p14dowpalatinate.png

April 1: The Palatinate's armies are crushed, leading the way to sieges.

July 4: Castille collapses.

September 3: The Palatinate becomes a vassal. No help from the CB here, but this is purely a play for the HRE.

1507 conversions: Luxemburg

January 1: For some reason, with 200 relations and vassalization, the Palatinate is voting for Hesse.

October 1: Oops. We take a loan for 1171 because we forgot to mint a month to avoid it.

December 5: Boundary dispute gives us a core on Cambray.

1508 conversions: Ile de France, Dauphine.

February 1: With only 2.4 infamy, we take Nice, and give Genoa and Parma to Aragon from Milan.
p14milanpeace.png

March 1: Oh...look who has disputed succession? Time for some gifts.
p14gbsuccession.png

March 23: Portugal annexes Maya.

November 29: Relations with GB climb above 0 for the first time in ages.

1509 conversions: Perigord

February 1, 1510: Stability returns to +2, for the first time in 14 years. We can finally start researching tech again. Ironically, we haven't fallen far behind. We start with Land, since Land 16 gives level 2 forts, which we'll need if I have to start a war to get GB's throne.

1510 conversions: Hainaut, Firenze (missionary)

January 1, 1511: Land 16. Level 2 forts are built along our western borders with GB.

May 4: We get relations over 150 with GB and get a royal marriage. We do not get a free shot at a PU (probably since they have a larger army, so we still need to claim the throne.

September 17: Favorable relations event. We become an elector. Not sure how we were favorable - our relations with Hesse were -65. This brings us to 2 votes (Trier and us), but Brandenburg has 3.

October 6, 1511: Portugal has no heir...guess who is next on the throne claiming list? First, we claim GB's throne. As long as they do not get a heir and our prestige stays above GB's, we get a PU when Frederick I Augustus Lancaster dies. If they get a heir, we have to DoW before the month ends, or we lose our CB.

The world in 1512:

Excellent progress and entertaining writeup, thumbs up :D

I can't help but feel (judging by the AARs that I've read, this included) that HTTT is seriously unbalanced. I think I'm going to wait for further patching before purchasing.

Nicely worked conversion, looks like you're pretty well set to make Europe Protestant. I've got to agree with Malurous, HTTT looks unbalanced.

October 1: Oops. We take a loan for 1171 because we forgot to mint a month to avoid it.

Deja vu? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Malurous: Yeah, the AI is simply not aggressive at claiming or defending, and the disputed succession tab can make it seem like you're shopping for thrones at Wal-Mart.

Enewald: von Wettin.

komar: Yeah, Sweden and Austria are scary. Persia is scary big too.

PrawnStar: It's just not one of my AARs without a surprise accidental loan. :)

One other note: I think that HTTT may be better balanced for MP, where you would have multiple claimants for a throne, since players would have incentive to respond to claims on a throne with a counterclaim. That would also cause more succession wars. OE is probably the most unbalanced in that case, since most MP games seem to have OE as the only player-led Muslim nation.

Chapter 15: Personal Union, the new fragrance by Chanel

May 1, 1513: Austria declares war on the Ottomans to finish them off. They cede Athens, Nis, and Karaman and release Ramazan on June 1.

October 1: We repay our loan of 1171 ducats.

1512/13 conversions: Breda, Bearn, Limousin. Romagna (missionary), Andalucia (missionary), Bourbon.

February 5, 1515: RM with Portugal.

June 1: We claim Portugal's throne.
p15ctportugal.png

August 7: The curse of innovation: People start sampling new religions in Cordoba, giving me the heresy flag there.

1515 conversions: Nice, Vlaanderen.

March 20, 1516: Slider move to defensive. We lose 10 army tradition.

May 28: Portugal gets a new heir, and we get the Claim Lost notification. However, the CB won't expire until the 1st...
p15claimlostportugal.png

A diplomat is immediately dispatched.
220px-Groucho_Marx.jpg

Of course you know, this means war!

p15dowportugal.png

June 12: Whoops, forgot to send my patrol into port...
p15bofstraits.png

June 29: Unfortunately for Portugal, my army is not impressed by their navy.
p15bofalentejo.png

July 25: GB warns us. We'll remember that when we're your king. :)

December 26: Surprise...I thought they had a heir?
p15pucastille.png

1516 conversions: Pisa

January 17, 1517: Austria takes Delta, Diamentia, and Gaza from the Mameluks. I hope they don't take Alexandria...

February 17: Berry falls to Aragonese assault, so we force them to convert to Protestantism and annul all treaties. This is solely done for the 10 prestige, so we stay ahead of GB.

April 1: The last European province of Portugal falls, and our war score is only 31%. Luckily, that lets us demand the PU.
p15puportugal.png

Our prestige ensures that we'll get a PU with GB as long as they don't get a heir, or suddenly get over 99 prestige.

May 3: Our 6 star Diplomat dies, so we hire a 5 star Theologian. This lets us take Superintendents (-1 RR, +6% stab cost) and Church Taxes (+1RR, +8% tax)

August 21: Robert II dies, leaving the throne to Charles II Henri von Wettin. No inheritances...this time. Charles Henri's first act is to dissolve the monasteries...in Castille.
p15charleshenri.png

August 22: New mission: Subjugate the Papal State. Yeah right. If we're taking Rome, it's to annex.

Whoops...lost our claim to GB. Better get that back. Actually, we have the claim, but we need the Royal Marriage. Our relations are at 11, we need 150 for Maybe.
p15lostgbmarriage.png

Charles Henri passes the Militia Act (Quantity 1, Centralization 1, +6 Discipline, +5% stab cost).

1517 conversions: Granada (missionary)

January 1, 1518: Land 18 lets us get Free Shooter Infantry. The key is 6 offensive morale.

March 4: Government 18 allows Administrative Monarchy. We convert for the +10% Production Efficiency (no brainer over Empire - same magistrate gain).

1518 conversions: Limburg (missionary), Armagnac (missionary)

March 1, 1519: All the converting paid off - we get the End of Religious Turmoil event.

April 1: Berry converts back to Catholicism.

July 3: RM with Britain. We have a shot again at the PU.

January 1, 1520: We learn about several of the Caribbean islands. Not that we can get there...

September 1: HRE watch: Palatinate is out as elector, and there are now 8 electors. We have 2 votes, Brandenburg has 3.

October 25: <steeples fingers> Excellent, Smithers...
p15pugb.png

4 years, 3 PUs.

Interlude - The world in 1520

Full map:

Map with Vassals:

Religion in Western Europe:

Tech:
Land 18 (1st)
Naval 12 (top is 16)
Trade 15 (top is 17, T-7th)
Production 17 (top is 19, T-10th)
Government 18 (T-1st)

CoTs
p15acot.png

Pies
p15apie.png

May 1 1496: Castille has become Protestant since last time I looked. Looks like they hit the event that can turn you Protestant early if you have heretics take provinces...

August 1: Murcia converts to Protestant.

October 4: Nemours converts to Protestant.

December 12: Since we have the right sliders, and it's better to convert early than late, Bar officially converts to Protestantism. Since we're slightly innovative, we don't get very many missionaries. This means we're going to rely on free conversions. We also will be spending on stability for a long while.

1497 conversions: Madrid, Savoie, Cordoba, Normandie

1498 conversions: Cadiz, Lyonnais, Badajoz, Caceres.

May 9 1499: The Reformation begins in Switzerland.

A bit too late, Switzerland.

Also hilarious how the Catholic mobs are already burning pictures of Martin Luther 3 years before Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses.

The Next country that you should go hunting for a personal union with is Sweden. They are the growing power of Eastern Europe. I cannot wait until you inherit all the nations you have personal unions with. Your lands could double in size.

So, how was the rebel action in this edition of Religious Turmoil Fun?

Hehe, you're 120 years in and you've inherited France and lead PUs with Great Britain, Castille and Portugal? That's quite a superpower collection - seems that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword (with some support by the sword, of course :D)

Remarkable progress. Any thoughts on what nation (if any) you will form? Sticking it out as Bar would be stylish, but HRE would result in crazy amounts of cores.