• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Rensslaer: Thank you very much. That's very gratifying to hear. The next update is in the works, but I don't have an exact release date in mind yet. I'm still getting adjusted to my new work/life balance with my new job.

Oh, nice. What's the new job? Congratulations!

Understood about schedules - struggling with mine as well.

Rensslaer

• 1Love
Reactions:
Oh nice - a very responsible position. I can just imagine it's keeping you busy and pushing out life balance.

Rensslaer

• 1Love
Reactions:
Very enjoyable first few chapters. I didn't know Crockett was a politician before he came west. Hopefully, he has a much longer life now that Santa Anna won't get in the way.

• 1Love
Reactions:
The next chapter of Sundered Nation is in the works and will be coming eventually, but I just wanted to share with my readers that the Leonid meteor storm from "The Night the Stars Fell" will be visible once again this weekend. Granted, it won't be nearly as grand as it was in 1833, but it should provide a good opportunity for stargazing nonetheless.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The next chapter of Sundered Nation is in the works and will be coming eventually, but I just wanted to share with my readers that the Leonid meteor storm from "The Night the Stars Fell" will be visible once again this weekend. Granted, it won't be nearly as grand as it was in 1833, but it should provide a good opportunity for stargazing nonetheless.
This, again, reminds me I need to get a proper telescope one day. :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hopefully it clears up here soon. I don't recall seeing any meteors the last time it was clear a few days ago. (Last month one night I saw five in ~15 minutes, but they didn't share a common radiant nor was there a meteor shower at the time that I was aware of. Just got lucky. One was quite bright and green colored.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Emissary of the Prophets: For what it’s worth, they’re supposed to be at peak visibility around midnight where I am. If you’re a few hours ahead of me, I would think it would be the wee hours of the morning for you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I will, however, show you what I saw a week ago, when I placed my cell phone on the ground and used 30 sec exposure and 3200 ISO! In one you see Andromeda, in another Jupiter and the Pleiades.

Jupiter and Pleiades:
20231114_201021.jpg

Andromeda (and a plane, in form of a long strip!):
20231114_201158.jpg

Milkyway:
20231114_200158.jpg

Back to Andromeda:
20231114_201238.jpg

And Milkyway:
20231114_195805.jpg

• 5Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
@Emissary of the Prophets: For what it’s worth, they’re supposed to be at peak visibility around midnight where I am. If you’re a few hours ahead of me, I would think it would be the wee hours of the morning for you.
Yeah, I'm in Eastern time so that makes sense. I usually do my stargazing when I take litter trash out sometime between 21:00 and 23:00 so probably too early then.

@Nikolai Stunning! I've lived in an urban area until very recently so I was very excited when I first ID'd M31 with my own eyes a few weeks ago.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Dear friends and readers,

Now that 2023 has drawn to a close, it's time to vote for your favorite AARS in the Q4 AARland Choice Awards (ACAs) and the 2023 Yearly AARland Year-end AwAARds (YAYAs). If you've enjoyed Sundered Nation, please head over and vote! And even if you don't vote for this AAR, please, please head over and vote for some of the other great authAARs out there, any number of whom would love your support and recognition.

Please note that Sundered Nation is not eligible for the Q4 ACAs, as the latest update was in Q3. Please don't let that stop you from voting for other well-deserving AARs though! In the 2023 YAYAs, it is eligible for Narrative AAR of the Year, Graphics of the Year, Character of the Year, Writer of the Year, and AAR of the Year. Voting ends at the beginning of February.

VOTE.GIF
Thank you again for your continued friendship and support. It truly means so much!

Best wishes,

The Kingmaker

• 1Like
Reactions: