• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just ask Kanil about what the Turks did to him with Edam...

I choose not to remember it. I'm sure Aboulgharib will lock me up in one of his damn dungeons and have a reenactment of the scene, though.

Maybe you could convince him to sell tickets, if you really wanted to know.

I choose not to remember it. I'm sure Aboulgharib will lock me up in one of his damn dungeons and have a reenactment of the scene, though.

Maybe you could convince him to sell tickets, if you really wanted to know.

Then you should have seen the incident in Jutland in 46.

The Roqueforts......

They were everywhere!! *cries*

Merry Christmas/Hannukah/Ramadan or whatever were celebrating!

Happy New Year and the likes...

Oh, and Krikor II will drop dead before he becomes useful for sure... or become a raving lunatic... ;):D

where... is... our... update?

christmas is all gone and I am starting to get angry. I want a new Suenikian patch.

where... is... our... update?

Wilson's Scottish, and they're a strange and unpredictable people, wise from their time spent skipping across their moors and lochs. The update will come to us.

When is Suenik going to liberate Jerusalem, BTW?

Hi guys,

That's me back after New Year, so expect an update this evening!

Oh and Happy New Year to you all!

Iain

Looking forward to it!

Have a nice decade :D

SUENIK THE BELEAGUERED
CHAPTER 49 - GRINDING UP THE GREEKS
(1154-1155)

Aah. Here we are. Back in sunny Suenik. So, where were we? Oh yes - that's right. The irritable Emperor of Byzantium, infuriated by how wonderful your humble narrator was at Empire building has decided to gamble everything he's got and attack me to prove to his vassals what a big tonker he has.

Time to show him who the real Emperor is...

As things kick off, I get an idea of the Greek mentality. Despite their liege being clearly as daft as a brush, two of the Emperor's lackeys decide to side with him.

876.jpg

It doesn't bother me though. I'm always on the lookout for new vassals. They can fill that role nicely when they come to me begging for mercy.

I feel sorry for the Emperor though. To have only two of your many vassals come to your aid in what is going to be your darkest hour must really hurt.

Time to show him what true loyalty is.

877.jpg

While I'm waiting for the standards to be raised and the beacons to be lit I leave my largest force in the capable hands of one of the Imperial Nursery's finest.

878.jpg

Speaking of learning, it appears that The List has gone someway to teaching good manners to previously errant subjects. Look at who earns the "Mr Keen-As-Mustard" award for being the first to respond to my call-to-arms.

879.jpg

Conclusive proof that slaughtering everyone someone has ever cared about can make them a lot more bearable!

With my vassals assembled I enact The Plan!

880.jpg

881.jpg

Hardly grand strategy I'll give you that, but I think it will be effective. I should also point out that there are a whole bunch of other armies to the east of these maps merrily trudging their way towards the Emperor (ha!) of Byzantium.

It's important to remember, that while all the excitment of war and looming regicide dominates the political landscape, there is still a healthy, homely aspect of Suenik that carries on regardless of conflict and deserves attention...

882.jpg

...yes, the nursaries are still churning out bullies.

Very soon, the first province of the Emperor is in our hands courtesy of Grigor the child prodigy...

883.jpg

...who then turns his forces towards the Emperor's home province.

884.jpg

As the speed of Grigor's victory becomes apparent the Greek Princes that sided with the Emperor start to panic.

885.jpg

886.jpg

889.jpg

Naturally I refuse. In traditional fashion I will be happy when they surrender their money AND their loyalty to me.

Incidentally, I get a lot of messages like this over the next few months.

Sensing the mood in the court an artist offers his services.

887.jpg

The piece he produces meets great critical aclaim. It features me, resplendant as St George, standing over the bleeding corpse of the Emperor of Byzantium. I'm not quite sure if he truly is a hunchback or whether or not his hands are gnarled claws, or if his skin is quite so green but everyone seems to like it.

Infact, I enjoy looking at it so much that I demand a suit of golden armour made so I can look just like my likeness in the painting. I won't hear of it when someone suggests that gold is a rubbish metal to use for protection.

Honestly, blacksmiths - what do THEY know?

I suggest calling the painting "The True Emperor Striking Down the Posing Fool Who Has No Right Claiming Imperial Grandeur" but my advisors suggest that's a bit wordy so I throw it open to the court.

They're still arguing about it now I believe.

Meanwhile, the Greeks prove themselves to be rather brave, if slightly on the terminally stupid side.

888.jpg

Grigor, ever the sportsman, shows them no quarter and manages to kill more Greeks than were present on the battlefield! Child prodigies - they're great!

891.jpg

Meanwhile my enemies have the audacity to besiege Constantinople.

890.jpg

Good luck with that!

I have a good chuckle to myself at their paltry efforts. Silly little Greeks.

892.jpg

WHAAAAAT?!?!?!? HOW...DARE...THEY!!!!!

This means war!

Or rather, this means a more brutal war than previously. A forestry! Think of all the little squirrels! The little animals! The trees!

Damn those Greeks!

Before I can order a large scale slaughter of all things Hellenic and place all of the Byzantine Empire on The List my advisors come to me and calm my raging temper with the news that Dyrrachion has fallen and that the Prince wishes to negotiate peace.

893.jpg

He gets the standard "Deal or No Deal" package...

894.jpg

...which he accepts!

895.jpg

One down, two to go!

Will more of the map turn from purple to blue? Will the Emperor (of Byzantium!) apologise for what he has done? Will Suenik prevail? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Suenik - Land of the Beleaguered!

Ho Hum! All in a days work! :rofl:
Things are progressing along quite swimmingly aren't they for the Suenik! No real surprise at this stage of the game. I feel sorry for the poor little forest creatures though.....:(

All hail the Emperor of Greater Suenik!

Although I would be a little wary of the Byzantines if their Emperor is indeed a dragon. :D
Good to have you back!

I find it's the smaller armies that are the most dangerous, not because they are going to take the province, but because they are going to undo years of work by burning down all the buildings in it.

Those poor squirrels' deaths will not be in vain.....:mad: