• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bravo, Selzro, what a fantastic ending!! :) Great job, I really hope that you do make a CK2 one, as that is my favourite Paradox game. If you ever do, please post in this thread so that all your subscribers may follow along from day one.

Excellent and hilarious, kudos on a great AAR.
Wow, just read this all in one day. Great stuff.
Well done!
Thank you!

Glory be to India! My 2013 is now complete!

Truly one for the ages, after two and a half years! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
Great New Year gift! Thank you and congratz for the great AAR
Thanks, I really tried!

Amazing, simply amazing. And the end, though it's sad to see it end at all, was just amazing as well. Now let us celebrate the new year, RELEASE THE PEASANTS!
Hehe!

This was a masterpiece and my first AAR read on this forum. It may have cost me a goodnight sleep but it was worth it.
I’ve also lost countless hours of sleep reading through AARs that I found interesting, so I feel good (if a bit guilty) to have ‘inflicted’ the same strain on others! :p

Congratulations on completing this epic.

A fittingly excellent end, hoping you start a new one before too long!
Thanks! The trick will be finding something interesting that I haven’t done before. Otherwise, I might take a break from Vic2 and try a CK2 AAR.

It was a wonderful run.
For me as well...

thank you for finishing it!
Thank you for being patient enough to see it end!

Bravo, Selzro, what a fantastic ending!! :) Great job, I really hope that you do make a CK2 one, as that is my favourite Paradox game. If you ever do, please post in this thread so that all your subscribers may follow along from day one.
Thanks! I did write a tiny AAR in the CK2 section, but it’s nothing serious. I’ll be sure to advertise it here if I start something substantial.

I'm very late but damn, that was one grand finale.

Great great run, amazing AAR.

Crap, I can't believe this ended 19 days ago. The main reason I checked back because I'm drinking absinthe on a sunday before MLK day and I remembered Dalip's days in Paris with absinthe. Hell, the only reason I like absinthe is because I read this AAR almost two years ago and thought it was cool.

Why isn't this brilliant, genius AAR on the front page??!!???

Oh, erm, right, it is... right.

Why isn't this brilliant, genius AAR stickied!!!??!!!???

I just found this AAR by chance today and devoured it.
I have to give my (posthume) praise and thanks to selzro, it is an extraordinary, fantastically well done peace of work, art & narratorship.
One of the rare jewels one can find from time to time in the depths of the net...

I'm very late but damn, that was one grand finale.

Great great run, amazing AAR.

I’m equally late in my reply, so sorry and thanks! ;)

Thank you for finally completing this, it's been a great AAR.

Thank you for reading it! :)

Crap, I can't believe this ended 19 days ago. The main reason I checked back because I'm drinking absinthe on a sunday before MLK day and I remembered Dalip's days in Paris with absinthe. Hell, the only reason I like absinthe is because I read this AAR almost two years ago and thought it was cool.

Hehe, it’s good to see a work of fiction is a source of inspiration for people in real life!

A great AAr thanks for concluding it.

I wouldn’t dream of leaving it without a conclusion. Thanks for sticking around long enough to see it!

Why isn't this brilliant, genius AAR on the front page??!!???

Oh, erm, right, it is... right.

Why isn't this brilliant, genius AAR stickied!!!??!!!???

Ah, it may not be sticked per se, but it is featured in this thread, which is sticked. It is a list of all known comic book-style AARs here, so I encourage everyone to check it out.

I just found this AAR by chance today and devoured it.
I have to give my (posthume) praise and thanks to selzro, it is an extraordinary, fantastically well done peace of work, art & narratorship.
One of the rare jewels one can find from time to time in the depths of the net...

You honour me with your extensive praise!

Oh my god I am so glad I came back to this. This was the best damn read ever. You deserve a reward.

Thanks! I don’t know about a reward, but I’m happy with all the awards it’s gotten. It even came close to winning the Victaarian Cross, but it was up against some pretty epic competition.

Bravo, superb - thoroughly enjoyed this for a couple of reasons:-

1) you finished it! (the game that is)
2) the comic approach - which was truly inspired, both in style and content

I've never smiled so much reading through an AAR before :D

I just read all of your AARs in the past week, I told myself I was only going to read the Ionia one, but it was so good I had to keep going! This is without a doubt your best one and is also probably the best AAR I've ever read, it has convinced me to finally buy Vicky 2. Sorry about necro'ing, but after reading all of them I felt that I really had to comment in at least one, and this was the best! I hope to see something new from you soon.

A late lurker here. Started reading this AAR earlier this year, finished it today after having it stick in my open browser tabs for months.

Truly a grand AAR, a remarkable piece of work that will live on in the history of AARs as one of the best ever. And with that sad ending, where it is noticeable that Dalip has a table full of absinthe bottles. :p

Great job, Selzro. Time for me to go and read other marvelous AARs. Sorry for the necro, but I couldn't help showing my appreciation.

EDIT: Just wondering, what would've happened if Dalip promoted reactionaries and monarchist propangda everywhere (using national focus) and eventually revoked all voting rights and banned the elections, after getting the peasant hunters in majority? :laugh:

EDIT: Just wondering, what would've happened if Dalip promoted reactionaries and monarchist propangda everywhere (using national focus) and eventually revoked all voting rights and banned the elections, after getting the peasant hunters in majority? :laugh:

The Peasant Hunters would be in charge, and they would be controlling the King and the country. :p