• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for finally ending this AAR, now I have closure.

God Save our Gracious King,
Long live our noble King,
God Save the King!

Bravo! Thanks for giving us a conclusion, in time for the bells :)

Speaking of whom, there was one last thing I intended to do, and that was convert this whole comic to PDF form. Imagine my surprise then, today, when I opened this thread to add the final updates, only to see that aldriq had already done so, and in fact better than how I intended to do myself! :happy: Many, many thanks!

Absinth minds think alike :happy: The ebooks are now updated – PDF and iBooks (iPad only).

Happy 2014!

Absinth minds think alike :happy: The ebooks are now updated – PDF and iBooks (iPad only).

Happy 2014!

Aldriq, your freakish powers of clairvoyance are beginning to scare me...

A fitting conclusion to a magnificent AAR; kudos to you, and I wish you the very best when/if you begin a new one!
Thank you so much!

*cries* Best Vicky II AAR ever. *applause*

Happy 2014 Selzro, may it prove for you to be a welcome improvement on its predecessor. :)
Happy 2014 to you too, and to all of you! 2013 was a busy year, but I got lots of things done. Now I’m starting work as a post-doc, so I don’t yet know if I’ll have more or less free time for AARs, but anything I’ll do, it will be new.

This is so awesome but also very sad at the same time. So ends one of the best Victoria 2 AARs ever.

Thank you for the great read and Best Wishes for the New Year 2014 Selzro!

You too!

Thank you Selzro. This made my day. This is one of the best AARs I have ever read, and a magnificent story. I must say I was afraid that it would not be completed, and the thread forever left hanging, but now it is complete. Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work to bring us this story over the past three years.

I couldn’t stand the idea of it not being completed either, which is why I pulled myself together and worked on the last pages during the Christmas holidays. Thankfully, I have so far avoided leaving AARs incomplete.

Thank you for giving the story a proper resolution, even if meant not actually playing all the way to the end.

I had decided on not playing it to the end over a year ago. India has faced and overcome its major challenges – westernization, war with China, unification and the wars against Great Britain, the rise of liberalism. Now that GB’s Indian power is broken and China has been placed in India’s sphere, there’s not much else to do but a few repetitive wars to gradually liberate all other Indian cores, while the main characters grow old and die of old age. The main story arc is complete.

Bravo!

Do you have any plans for anything new?

I had an idea for a Nejd-Arabia AAR back in August, but I don’t know if I’ll ever develop it. I’ve recently began playing Crusader Kings II, so I might try an AAR there. I’ll just wait for inspiration to come and, if and when that happens, I’ll start writing something again.

Wonderful AAR, incredibly funny. One of the best AARs in the forum. Nice ending. I especially like the letter to Victoria. Thank you for the great AAR, Selzro. :)

You’re welcome! :)

Thank you for finally ending this AAR, now I have closure.

Me too, alxeu... Me too.

Thank you for this awesome AAR. It has quite possibly become my favourite format :)

I hope to see more comic-book AARs in the future. Already, there’s an excellent one in progress, called Österreich Uber Alles - Austrian Polandball AAR.

God Save our Gracious King,
Long live our noble King,
God Save the King!

:)

Finally a update ... and the end :(

It was a good ride indeed. The only negative is seeing so much red in India in the end map :p

Yeah... Sorry I couldn’t do anything about that. It would take several more wars to wipe it all out, and it would get repetitive.

Happy 2014!

You’re awesome! You’re the awesomest! Is that even a word? I don’t care, I love what you did!

You’re awesome! You’re the awesomest! Is that even a word? I don’t care, I love what you did!

Thanks, but it's the content that's awesome :)

Aldriq, your freakish powers of clairvoyance are beginning to scare me...

Is it clairvoyance? Or sheer power to resurrect AARs? If so I shall use it wisely, I don't want to unleash a zombie AARpocalypse :eek:

Great AAR! Just a quick observation, what happened to the USA? The CSA took them around the barn and beat them with a stick.

Since this game was started in really really old Victoria II (like, v1.1 Victoria II), The US made many of the territories into slave states, thus they sided with the CSA come Civil War time.

It is as Sakura_F says (except it's v1.4), and as I had shown when the ACW broke out, on page 30. Later, the USA took Arizona from Mexico, but other than that there were no territorial changes. As of 1880, the USA and CSA have about the same military and industrial capacities, but the USA scores much higher on the list of GPs due to its accumulated prestige. Even in my older games of Vic2, I had never seen so many states join the CSA...

Glory be to India! My 2013 is now complete!

Truly one for the ages, after two and a half years! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Congratulations on completing this epic.

A fittingly excellent end, hoping you start a new one before too long!

It was a wonderful run.