• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I was playing an MP game with some friends when I came across this. Napoleon has traveled back in time to save France from the Big Red Blob!

Last edited:
Burgundian North America... I think.

burgundy.png

My game as Sweden in MP. My friend play Bavaria.

Never saw such a messed up Britain.

Pskov has inherited Novgorod :)

and bad ass Ottoman, rules Italy and got Rome :D
Even my friend (as Bavaria, HRE Emperor) can't stop him, for now.

Never seen this kind of government before, but seriously what does it mean? Both Morocco and Naples had it, it was in my AAR.*
Interregnum.jpg

Not really strange but meh, my attempt at the longest peace treaty ever (by cheating of course) it totaled 788 points, i was Byzantium and i tagged to ottomans to accept.
Longpeacething.jpg

*Best AAR ever, view it now, whilst stocks last, link in description.

Interregnum is latin for 'Time without a King'

'In between Reigns' would probably be the translation.

Hey, Latin is pretty easy these days ;)

It means that both the king and his heir have died, and there is no one to replace them. It's a really, really long regency, basically.

But I swear when I had a regency wit no heir, it said I had a regency council, not a Interregnum? Is it only visible to others or only AI or something?

But I swear when I had a regency wit no heir, it said I had a regency council, not a Interregnum? Is it only visible to others or only AI or something?

Iirc, it appears if your Monarch dies leaving you with an underage Heir and thus a Regency, and then that Heir goes on to die before he comes of age. I'm not sure if you always get an interregnum in this case, but i've had it happen to me before (damn hunting accidents!).

You have to wait like 10 years before the game gives you a new dynasty. In a Bavaria game of mine, I got interregnum, losing the Wittlesbachs. I had to wait a long time before I got a new family. Trpimovirics. eh.