• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Christian turks!

Lutheran Turks... I saw Catholic turks loyal to the Pope :D

Christian turks!

Well, historically the Byzantines, who ruled over that province for about a 1000 years or so, were orthodox christian, so it's not as strange as it seems.
Protestant was even formed due to a disagreement with the Catholic pope, same as the orthodox split in the great schism. An enemies enemy is my friend, perhaps?
Game wise it's still strange though ;)

Christian turks!

Well, historically the Byzantines, who ruled over that province for about a 1000 years or so, were orthodox christian, so it's not as strange as it seems.
Protestant was even formed due to a disagreement with the Catholic pope, same as the orthodox split in the great schism. An enemies enemy is my friend, perhaps?
Game wise it's still strange though ;)

I think you missed the point. He didn't say, "Christian Anatolia!" he said, "Christian Turks!" something that is extremely strange.

Also, the Great Schism was very, very different from the Protestant Reformation. Orthodoxy disagrees with Protestantism for almost every reason that the Catholics do (except the big difference of Papal Supremacy) and would find their views to be extremely heretical. Catholics and Orthodox have much more in common than Orthodox and Protestants.

A French minor has swallowed another "French" minor:
auvergneie3.jpg

Mazovia has certainly been busy, I've never seen them grow at all, let alone to this size. Even stranger is the event log, 'Integrating Mazovia' which I'm fairly certain they've held throughout the game. And Prussia being annexed by a Polish minor just has to be strange :wacko:
mazoviazn3.jpg

When it says "Integrating Mazovia" IT means intergrating a vassal into Mazovia. They just diploannexed Prussia.

OK, I seemed to remember it would be called Integrating Prussia/Ostpreussen(Prussia's last province).

Nope, I conquered them some 125 years ago. I even used the "tag NAX" cheat and they're long gone. So unless they've made it to the moon some 400 years early I'm pretty sure there is some sort of conspiracy going on.

Even though you conquered them they could still have appeared again somewhere from uprising. As a lot of examples in this thread has shown it does not even have to be close to where they used to be.

Even though you conquered them they could still have appeared again somewhere from uprising. As a lot of examples in this thread has shown it does not even have to be close to where they used to be.

As I said, I've tried loading as them and they're not valid. Just goes to the history screen. I've never seen this in any of my other games so I'm not sure what's happening.

Here's a rather odd one:

EUIIIlol.jpg

Oddities:
- OPM Greece (which is located on the Crimea Peninsula :confused:) leads a PU with the Big Purple Blob aka Lithuania :S
- The Ottoman Empire doesn't exist anymore (partially my fault :p) They collapsed around 1450, resulting in a tiny Ottoman Empire, a huge Candar (?), Bulgaria and the Byzantine Empire Sultanate :eek:
- The Byzantine Empire is still around. They were annexed by the Ottomans early in the game, then got their independence back when the Ottoman Empire collapsed, were annexed again by Naples :)D) and then released by Naples (one of the demands I made after crushing Naples in a short war). After this screenshot was taken, I integrated almost all of the Byzantine Empire into my empire, leaving only Athens and Naxos under Byzantine control :p
- The Timurids are still around and going strong
- The Moldavian navy is blocking the Channel :wacko:

26.7k days of seiging?

They were determined weren't they

What fascinates me most is the fact he got there, playing as Provence :wacko:

DavidCameronRevolts.gif

A certain British politician builds himself a time machine :rofl:

DavidCameronRevolts.gif

A certain British politician builds himself a time machine :rofl:

:rofl:
Greatest. Screenshot. Ever.

And fighting for Scotland too, it couldn't get any better.
I'm now tempted to mod so that all my rebel leaders are called David Cameron just so that I get the pleasure of repeatedly defeating him over 400 years

Now, I know we've all seen a Protestant Pope...but a Calvinist one!?
EU3_2-5.jpg

(Further humor: England converted to Protestantism. Later, they converted back. When I noticed this, they were being ruled by James II.)

Last edited: