• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gigalocus said:
Easy, Spain was seiging the province with 1,000 cavalry (That your showing) then after 72years, you marched your 8,000 soldiers in and actually captured it. :)
That's exactly what happened. The Castillians were fighting against Protestant Zealots, but all the provinces except for Kongo defected to Provence (my vassal, who I loaded as to check this out). The siege actually went on for longer, but Castille eventually collapsed so I reloaded from an old save to see how long it had been going.

Georgia running a pyramid scheme with a 0 center of trade. 1 free slot is available for any takers.

eu35kh1.jpg

just as a mention side note to when somebody exclaimed at a 72 year long war...

I once was at war with France for 75 years starting in 1430. It was the third of our wars since 1399. Thats wat I call the hundred years war!

What happened was france inherited a two province scotland, including Lothian, which I needed to form GB. I DoW France and with my superior navy destroy theirs and sit around their land. I invade french scotland and quickly capture it. WS is at around 19. Of course, France refuses to accept anything other than a White peace. My tech is too low for blockades, so I wait like 50 years, get blockades, then settle in for a blockade. After 100% blockade of france and several of her vassals, I have 44% warscore, and France still wont even give up a single ducat. The reason being that their army was superior to my army, and that we never really fought on land. Their warscore climbs to max, but their powerful army puts down any and all rebellions. I was pretty annoyed. After 75 years, I loaded as france and gave myself Lothian, I figured that that would have been the case in real life anyways.

grd said:
Georgia running a pyramid scheme with a 0 center of trade. 1 free slot is available for any takers.

<picture>
:rofl:
That a weird one.

Go Armenia!

EU3_137.jpg

What happened that year? :eek:

EU3_138.jpg

Catholic Segu?

EU3_141-1.jpg

This is a confusing one, catholic Russia!

EU3_140.jpg

The Mamluks relocated... (I force vassalized after a few wars then dipolo-annexed, then they reappeared)

EU3_139.jpg

Kongo strikes back!
EU3_142-1.jpg

Duke of Wellington said:
For the Catholic Segu, can't any pagan get an event to convert to other religions if they're bordered by them? I've seen Zulu go Sunni after bordering OE and Xhosa go Catholic bordering Germany.
Well, I think they are Sunni normally. I looked in the save and it never shows a conversion, so I am guessing they were catholic when they revolted since I recall Aragon ruling that land.

Futa Jallon is listed as Catalan so it looks like the ultraconversative West African clerics broke with the permissive Aragonese monarchy (just reapplying current Anglican events... ;)).

I've got a few pictures of strange things I encountered while doing my aar:

France eliminated

francedr4.jpg

After a great war, I, Granada, had beaten the entire French army. Rebels arosen and since the French had nothing to throw against them, they occupied the enire country. Well, except for one province, which they couldn't reach. Since they wanted all of France, they kept that country occupied for 23 years. Then I got into a war with France again, and occupied that single province. And guess what happens? just a few days after I occupied that province, France ceased to exist! In 1492!
And yes, that yellow blob on the screen is me, Granada.

Islamic Byzantine Empire

byzantium1vg0.jpg

Here we first see the first 100 years of the Byzantine Empire, played by the AI (but I loaded for a moment as them to make these screenshots). During their history they have been kicked conquered two times. After the first time, they returned within a few years. But after the second time, they were gone for almost 50 years. And yes, you see it right: the third Byzantine Empire is Islamic!

byzantium2bn8.jpg

To make things even more confusing, that Empire has both the Suffragan Bishop Act and the Sheikh ul-Islam: this means that Bishops should uphold the Islamic law! Poor bishops...

byzantium3yf8.jpg

And to make the picture complete, they have the mission to keep the second Rome save... On Rhodes. But Rome... isn't that catholic? And weren't they orthodox and now islamic?

Now some pictures from some older savefiles:

Loading NA savegames in IN

eu31vp5.jpg

This is what you get when you load your old NA game in IN: unexplored territories in Europe! Nobody has set foot yet in Limburg, or Madrid.

eu33rb7.jpg

To make things even better: I have more national ideas than my tech level would allow!

Stability issues

eu32co5.jpg

I have really sucked my stability dry. Even if I would invest all my money in stability, and even if I would get the best stability advisors, it would take me longer than the gametime to get to -2. That means that I can't declare any war anymore during the game!
Unfortunately I haven't got a screenshot form it, but I also had it the other way around: I got a positive amount of invested money for the stability, something like a million (I really have no clue how I could invest so much money in it), but to reach the next level, I would need something like -100,000 ducats invested. I needed actually to lose invested money to reach the next level! I therefor, despite all that invested money, couldn't reach the next level...

Holy Roman Emperor Forever

eu35ch1.jpg

I'm forced to stay Roman Emperor forever, since the Roman Emperor can't dismantle it while he is still Emperor...

Petrarca said:
Futa Jallon is listed as Catalan so it looks like the ultraconversative West African clerics broke with the permissive Aragonese monarchy (just reapplying current Anglican events... ;)).
Yep, Aragon broke off from Spain (along with Castille and catholic Granada-which controls all of Andalusia and south Portugal now, along with the about 10 provinces in Africa)

Fijj said:
Wow, how the heck does that happen? :confused:
I have no clue...

I found this in the save for Russia:

Code:
        1542.1.1={
            religion=catholic
            government=feudal_monarchy
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
            government=theocratic_government
            religion=catholic
        }

I will continue the investigation! I have a feeling 9/11 is involved.

spl said:
I have no clue...

I found this in the save for Russia:

Code:
        1542.1.1={
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
        }

I will continue the investigation! I have a feeling 9/11 is involved.

Ahh, maybe the Kenney assassination as well. Butterfly effect :eek:

Gentlemen, ladies (haha...I'm hilarious), the mystery is solved.

The situation in Novgorod (they formed russia 50 years later) months before the change.

rus-1.png

The
Code:
        1542.1.1={
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
            religion=catholic
        }

makes me think they accepted the demands of rebels, not sure though.

So: They either collapsed or accepted the demands of catholic zealots, but they are bugged so it is probably a collapse! (Hence it being on January 1st)