• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
kinda sucks how betrothals dont count so if youre getting kind of old and rng gave you vary sporadic babies you still gotta wait around for every kid to reach maturity and hope you dont die of the cancer. i guess thats the point of a challenge though, its supposed to be challenging

its funny actually, this guy was the only featured ruler i got for the one (1) month i had it before a patch snatched it away from me so this run was honestly sort of a slog, ive already done all this and its not as neat the second time. they should still reuse characters from featured ruler though, people should have a chance to do challenges they missed just because they werent lucky enough
Not wont buy, just, burnt out and less hypey than would be otherwise. And slightly bummed at not having unlocked the joan of arc hair...
It'd just be cool for those of us who are busy (exam season hello) or just, prefer the game with mods on so want to use what playing time we've got playing with the mods, had a route to unlocking this content too. Sale would be good as its still rewarding the people who unlock cos, free stuff. But not making it exclusive.
jsyk my man theres no time limit on these so you can come back when youre not in exam hell and do literally everything with all the time in the world

not being able to unlock them with checksum-altering mods is just sensible though, same way you cant unlock cheevies in ironman. the way some minor stuff alters the checksum really sucks, sure, but like theres mods out there which are straight up cheat menus and those should probably invalidate challenges considering they remove the whole "challenge" part

(that said, if you really MUST have mods you can just dl a cheat engine. not really in the spirit of things and i personally wouldnt use it but fuckin im not gonna tell you how to play, go hogwild, whatever gets you going)

Note this as well, from the stickied thread:
Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you may be collectors, getting your hands on everything you can find.
As with almost every content we create, rest assured that there will be other ways to obtain the funny hats, beards and rewards at a later date.

Best,

So if you really don't want to commit de Normandie-cide or whatever, you'll still get those hats and hairstyles eventually.

This should be a UI problem only. See my answer here.
Shouldn't the thread at the top be updated to "3.3 released" so the final patch is noted?

kinda sucks how betrothals dont count so if youre getting kind of old and rng gave you vary sporadic babies you still gotta wait around for every kid to reach maturity and hope you dont die of the cancer. i guess thats the point of a challenge though, its supposed to be challenging

its funny actually, this guy was the only featured ruler i got for the one (1) month i had it before a patch snatched it away from me so this run was honestly sort of a slog, ive already done all this and its not as neat the second time. they should still reuse characters from featured ruler though, people should have a chance to do challenges they missed just because they werent lucky enough

jsyk my man theres no time limit on these so you can come back when youre not in exam hell and do literally everything with all the time in the world

not being able to unlock them with checksum-altering mods is just sensible though, same way you cant unlock cheevies in ironman. the way some minor stuff alters the checksum really sucks, sure, but like theres mods out there which are straight up cheat menus and those should probably invalidate challenges considering they remove the whole "challenge" part

(that said, if you really MUST have mods you can just dl a cheat engine. not really in the spirit of things and i personally wouldnt use it but fuckin im not gonna tell you how to play, go hogwild, whatever gets you going)

Man, game give you so much instruments to spawn babies like crazy... Seduction focus, Lustfull wifes, Midas touched lovers, Grow a heir focus ambition, even bunch of stupid "cabin in a woods" events, in extreeme cases you can even go pagan and force concubines out of desired characters. Cant realy complain that creating a levy out of own children is that hard in this game.

Man, game give you so much instruments to spawn babies like crazy... Seduction focus, Lustfull wifes, Midas touched lovers, Grow a heir focus ambition, even bunch of stupid "cabin in a woods" events, in extreeme cases you can even go pagan and force concubines out of desired characters. Cant realy complain that creating a levy out of own children is that hard in this game.
oh, i mean, i had plenty of kids by the end, they were just spaced far apart because cancer and stress made my llewellyn suck at making babies

coulda rerolled for a run where i didnt catch the gideon cancer two years in but i figured rolling with the punches might make the second go at these challenges more interesting. i had to abandon seduction pretty quickly for a health focus to not die before they reached maturity, since that one specifically has to be done in his lifetime, and it was the waiting around for these little twerps to hit sixteen that i was actually complaining about

it wasnt honestly supposed to be a critique on design though i was just whining about my own personal game i just had

cheat engine, of course, famous for adding in events, gfx and gameplay content, obvs the same as mods. Why do we even bother modding? Just load up cheat engine and click the button.
good point tilly, good point.

cheat engine, of course, famous for adding in events, gfx and gameplay content, obvs the same as mods. Why do we even bother modding? Just load up cheat engine and click the button.
good point tilly, good point.
you really dunked on me there dude!! dunno how im gonna recover from that one!!

cheat engine has a precompiled table extension which explicitly allows ironman/achievements with checksum altering mods, created by compactdisc, which you will find by googling "ck2 cheat engine" and selecting the first result, a thread on the official cheat engine forums by another table author, recifence. it also works for bronzeman. if you go to the last, most recent page of the thread, youll see a link to a new thread with the updated 64 bit version of recifences table. compactdisc is a few posts down with his updated table extention

my guy literally what do you get out of being snippy on this internet videogames forum, aside from me just completely holding your hand through this i guess