• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Isinfier

Major
82 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Island Bound
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/ckii-f2k

Crusader Kings II is officially Free to Keep and now features the Monarch’s Journey! The Monarch’s Journey is a new way of exploring the world of Crusader Kings and will help you earn cosmetic add-ons for Crusader Kings III through Ruler Challenges.

The Ruler Challenges present you with a new realm with a specific objective to achieve. Whether you are a newcomer or a veteran The Monarch’s Journey is your chance to (re)learn parts of the game, try new worlds and new ways of play in our infinite medieval sandbox!

Just login with your Paradox Account in the launcher and enjoy the base game of this cult grand strategy game NOW: https://pdxint.at/2nIUebU

So chaps, do we have any information on how to access / start this in-game yet?

Its in the new version of CK2. Download it.

However if you are on Linux - like me - you will not get to be part of the Journey.

Its in the new version of CK2. Download it.

However if you are on Linux - like me - you will not get to be part of the Journey.
Yeah, as a Linux player I'm also kinda disappointed. I hope there will at the very least be other ways to earn these cosmetic add-ons.

Monarch's journey is all well and good but what if I want instead to go play at the earliest start period with a different country? I know I wouldn't get points for doing that but don't see an option for any other kind of start. o_O

Monarch's journey is all well and good but what if I want instead to go play at the earliest start period with a different country? I know I wouldn't get points for doing that but don't see an option for any other kind of start. o_O
So can you already play it?

Just click on "New game" like usual..?

I didn't see the option to do that. Of course it might all be rearranged now and I'm not always on the ball with computers and such. Old dude doesn't deal well with change at 8:00 in the morning on a Saturday. >.<

I'm also missing the Monarch's Journey on my main menu, logged in to my paradox account, on 3.3.0 Windows version, tried verifying files multiple times and with no mods but it never shows up just like the old Featured Ruler thing that vanished randomly for me one day =/

I'm also missing the Monarch's Journey on my main menu, logged in to my paradox account, on 3.3.0 Windows version, tried verifying files multiple times and with no mods but it never shows up just like the old Featured Ruler thing that vanished randomly for me one day =/
Are you on Linux?

Nope, W10.
Yeah, my bad I can't read. Then I don't know. Might not be deployed for everyone yet, wait a bit. If you haven't yet, maybe login on your Paradox account via the launcher?

Okay, for me it was related to active mods (all ironman compatible...). Disabling them helped. Seems like it was the bigger interface mod.

Thanks, I disabled the Bigger Interface mod and now I can see the window for the Monarch's Journey! :)

Any idea though on how to get past Monarch's Journey and play a regular game?

Here's what my main screen looks like once I disabled Bigger Interface:
CK2 Intro Screen with Bronzeman.jpg

Clicking "Single Player" gets me to a normal game. :)

If you have disabled all mods, also check that you haven't changed UI size or anything like that. I don't know if it has an impact here, but it's been known to cause issues in the past. :(