• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"I understand what things look like to Rivera and Mr. Andonie, and I will gladly explain myself. First I'd like to point out that I stood against Badajoz and the coup of Zepeda, I also stood against the reactionary coup during my presidency. I also wish to point out, that as the only presidente left my office once I could not run anymore. I did not clang to the power like Badajoz and Roseno. In the spirit of democracy I gave my office away. As many must understand the coup made by Roseno was different than opposed to Badajoz. He was not a Badajoz or a Zepeda. He was a man who received broad support from the military, and to confront him in a direct assault would serve no purpose for my side. I am growing old, I am over 60 years old and i would be of no use had i spoken against him and been shot, or if i had fled into the jungle I would have died of a heart attack the first mile. A rifle in such conditions would be worth more than my life.

Mr De Santa and I had exchanged letters and we both knew that I was more worth working for the republicanos on the indside, as opposed to dying of a heart attack on the outside. I doubted that as long as Carrow and Roseno's son was in control of the military, that any hope of restoring the republic was possible, thus I wished to run for Prime Minister with the goal to gather and divert military forces among republicanos supporters and myself, to lead a coup with de Santa against the Emperor. Of course I can stand now and say such now as i never received the opportunity to prove myself. De Santa did not share much of my true intentions, because any snitch would ruin such a plan, which is why it was highly confidential.

I know as Mr. Andonie says, that I could stand and lead the people of Chile in the pursuit of freedom, but I have already lead Chile through two presidential terms. It was time for de Santa to step up and lead Chile in her fight against tyranny and it was time for me to lay down low and wait. I can also see why Mr. Rivera has a wish to see me fall for political reasons in no relations to these events. In the conversative primaries I almost prevailed over him, but since I put my votes behind the liberales then he was denied office and I came into office. On the second elections he once again lost. After the Badajoz coup he had created Partido Nacionale and ran in the primaries, but this time I won the primaries in the conservative party, and managed to create a coalition with Partido Nacionale, a coalition which Mr. Rivera did not like. A fourth time I cheated him from presidency when i was re-elected and I have thus many times been a stick in his wheel for power."

- Romano

((Job's done! Ready for mail!))

Thank you for those kind words of support, Senor Romano.

((I had no idea you beat Rivera that many times... hmm))

I support the legitimate government under Emperor Cesar I. As such, I urge all nations not to recognize or enter diplomatic relations with these "rats" and "cockroaches" that want to bring us back to the Second Viceroyalty.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel

((I think ThunderHawk is saying it would be best to fight the tiny bear while the big bear is still focusing on Patagonia, and hope to rally forces and fortify or set up your new government while the big bear slowly works its way up - maybe even attacking it bit by bit as it and other forces move closer to you to attack. By marching south and trying to free up Patagonia, you have to fight a lot of armies which are close to each other and where you're probably the biggest target. If you stay north, you fight only the armies that go after you, and they might not all seek you out - preferring to siege Santiago or fight and occupy the rest of the north (which is a larger area with fewer rebels covering it, so a slower turnover of rebels looking for a new target to hit). If armies aren't really focused on taking you out, you won't have to worry about the armies in Patagonia for awhile, allowing you to try to get a foothold in the north before you have to fight them. If the armies are trying to seek you out specifically, then it will be just as easy for the armies in the north to follow you south than for the armies of the south to come up to the north, except that in the north you'll start out fighting only the smaller armies first.))

(( Except that's not true, TH is suggesting that he'll let Patagonia go independent, which means Rebels won't cross over, means you'll have to wait until next update to declare war on us if even then. I'll take my chances with an organized base of support rather than just a completely TH fluffed resistance by just declaring everything going underground; since I don't think he'd run the same plot twice and give us as good a deal as you guys got after being completely defeated in game. I'm not going to just stay in Chile and be competely defeated game-wise too when in-game we can release Patagonia. ))

((But he might make it where the Rebels are Chilean troops, and we begin at war with Patagonia... or something like that!))

((If TH allows you all to seize power this AAR really has lost all credibility.))

Explain. EDIT: I don't intend to allow any members of the former Imperial government to seize power in the uprising.

OOC: Can someone link me to the update that changed the republic to a Empire?

It's under the Table of the Contents as the 1856 Coup, Parts 1 and 2:

[post=13119049]1856 Coup, Part 1[/post]
[post=13119111]1856 Coup, Part 2[/post]

Ministers
Prime Minister Antonio Disraeli ((Rogov)) - IMPERIALIST
Minister of the Treasury Eduardo Romano ((Pallen)) - REPUBLICAN
Minister of Security Karl Weismuller ((yourworstnightmare))
Minister of War Witold Tamiuszki ((tamius23))
Minister of Foreign Affairs Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel ((hoi2geek)) - IMPERIALIST

Generals:
Grand Imperial Marshal Sebastian Carrow ((Seek75)) - REPUBLICAN
Imperial Marshal Prince Sebastian Roseno ((King50000)) - REPUBLICAN
Governor-General Alejandro Cortez ((Zzzzz))
Admiral Jose de Vallenare ((Komisha)) - IMPERIALIST [Note: no ships yet built]

EDIT: The most important remaining declaration is Cortez's. After he declares, I may just resolve this entire mess.

Last edited:
I must say that I am a neutral party in this conflict. I am but a simple man trying to make his own life.
As such, I offer myself to head a potential transitional government. I will treat all parties equally and without discrimination. I will ensure that the trials will be as fair as possible.

- Sérgio Gogołów

Greetings Sergio Gogolow, I appreciate your offer but i wonder if there can be someone who in nuetral in this. Our country has been torn apart and if someone has no opinion on this then I would suggest that they do not care for their country. Can i also ask, what experience do you have to be proposing yourself as a potential head of a transitional government?

SUPPORT THE REPUBLIC.

I have returned just in time from my exile in the Andes. I regrouped my forces and stand by the Republican Faction. I hope the Anarco-Liberales take a major role in restoring the Republic.

Greetings Sergio Gogolow, I appreciate your offer but i wonder if there can be someone who in nuetral in this. Our country has been torn apart and if someone has no opinion on this then I would suggest that they do not care for their country. Can i also ask, what experience do you have to be proposing yourself as a potential head of a transitional government?

While I admittedly do have an opinion in all of this, I try to keep it from clouding my judgment as best as I can.
As for my political experience, I have been involved in the political life for some time now. Not enough to be of any importance, but enough that I am certain that I can ensure a functional transitional government.
Any appointments to ministries would have to be a collaborative process and focus on creating stability for a newly-recreated Republic.

- Sérgio Gogołów

((EDIT: Also, I would prefer if people keep in the accents and the "ł" in his name. How you ask? Just copy it and then paste it. That's what I do))

Last edited:
The people persuade our soon-to-be-ex-tyrants, even if by the force of arms and gunpowder, we march to liberty! Our victory is at the door, now we must think of rebuilding this once great nation, and I present myself as one citizen who wishes the best future for Chile and the least possible bloodshed necessary in our freedom triumph. A LAS BARRICADAS!

- Pablo Germán Subercaseaux, republicano of Valparaíso, from his tent outside Santiago

De Rosa, I do not recognize you as having any authority. The fact that Roseno was in talks with you the whole time shows what a dishonest snake he is. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. The same goes for the traitor Romero.

((If TH allows you all to seize power this AAR really has lost all credibility.))

General Pedro Rivera

We republicanos chose him as the leader of the movement, and therefore the leader of the transitional government if the revolution succeded. There was no opposition to this vote, and it was made in the toughest moment of the resistance movement. Now that we have the upper hand you want to make changes? You are taking this outside context.

Also, the emperor revoked many reforms. We republicanos must revert the emperor's changes to the constitution.

Also:
There WILL BE FAIR TRIALS ONCE THIS ENDS.
If such act is denied, then I swear the Civil War won't end with the deposition of the Empire...

((Another pamphlet.))

People of Chile, I urge you to today stand with Santa Rosa and his Republicanos allies, his recent calls for a fair trial of those of the Imperial Court is admirable, and his commitment to democracy is unflappable, together united as a nation against tyranny we shall succeed.

But once the inevitable victory is achieved we must turn our heads and thoughts to how we want this new Chile to look. And I say if we return to the systems of the past we will only repeat the mistakes of the past! The Imperialists may claim we have lived under a monarch, but a true monarch lives for his people! Not on their backs. What we have experienced is a crowned dictatorship, nothing more. What I want to see exist in our nation, though only through the popular will of the people, is a democratic crowned republic! That is how we can ensure the checks and balances exist necessary to maintain liberty in Chile, forever!

¡Viva la República coronada!

As a general, I am suppose to lead my soldiers to our destiny but there is a time where a general must hear the pleas of his brothers-in-arms. Like an honest man hearing the sorrow of his faithful friend. I can no longer bear the open concerns of my very own soldiers. They do not show the enthusiasm and support they once showed and I, myself, am growing doubts about the future of the Fatherland. Today, I have finally found the answer. So hear me, people of Chile! I support the return of the virtuous Republic that we once had! Let this be the final nail in the Imperial coffin!

My brothers, Marshall Carrow and Marshall Roseno, I am on your side. Patagonia is ours.

- Governor-General Alejandro Cortez

Ministers
Minister of War Witold Tamiuszki ((tamius23))
Minister of Foreign Affairs Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel ((hoi2geek)) - IMPERIALIST

Generals:
Governor-General Alejandro Cortez ((Zzzzz)) - REPUBLICAN

'Kay. Well, that's the whole military in. I'll probably write the update some time tonight.

((boo, stop posting updates at 1am GMT :mad:))

FROM THE DESK OF WITOLD TAMIUSZSKI

My fellow monarchists,

I have been a monarchist all my life. I supported the Chilean Partido Monárquico since its inception, and for ten years, I was it. Now, at the age of sixty, I cannot suddenly change allegiance. I will stay a Monarchist and support the empire with what I can give from my post as Minister of War.

I am getting mixed messages from my homeland Patagonia; some say that it has seceded from Chile. Is this true?

-Witold Tamiuszski

((Not sure what's going on in Patagonia. But at least I get something to do, a war, as minister for war))

((boo, stop posting updates at 1am GMT :mad:))

I live in California. You're posting at roughly 6 PM GMT, I post at 6 PM PST. Sorry about that - that's why I give two days between updates usually.

Ministers
Minister of War Witold Tamiuszki ((tamius23)) - IMPERIALIST

Generals:
Governor-General Alejandro Cortez ((Zzzzz)) - REPUBLICAN