• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM "THE BIO-BIO JOURNAL"

Seeing the betrayal of his countrymen against the brave Empire, Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel has commited suicide. Apparently, he found an old saber in his military uniform and immediately disemboweled himself. He then told his personal secretary to behead him. His final words were heard by his son Liandro (in Romansh), "For my countrymen. For Chile and the Empire!"

((In other words, Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel has commited seppuku/hari-kiri. Update on Liandro de Caviezel to come shortly.))

Last edited:
It is fantastic to see the Republicanos begin to take back Chile from los Lobos. Chile will heal, the people will recover, and we will move on.

While I do not hold significant office in the Republicanos, I have two requests for the current Interim Presidente of the Republicanos.

I believe for legitimacy sake, an election should be called after the arrest of El Dictador, and the top Republicanos will run for office. I have every intention of voting for you, President, but this is necessary to define our Republicanism. This election would call the Interim government into place, and then an election open to all re-instated parties would commence at the next time in a post Republicano-Dictador world.

Second request, is to return all land taken from our neighbors during the rule of El Dictador, return said land (and get back Infamy in game, whatever). We must reassert ourselves as peaceful Democracy upon the world.

Two humble requests.

I am neither a republican nor an imperialist. I am a proud soldier of Chile! Whether I address someone as emperor or president, that is irrelevant but there is a conflict with my loyalties. Which loyalty weights more? My loyalty to the Emperor or my loyalty to my country. I stood in a road that leads to two different ways. In the end, I choose what I believe is best for Chile. My only wish to the republicans is a fair trial to all of us.

- Governor-General Alejandro Cortez

"Members of the ministry, of the army, I do not relish in treachery. But you have chosen, and I will respect your choices, nor hold them against you. It is obvious the power of the Republicanos is strong, having managed to turn the army against the court. Understand citizens of Chile, I never once exploited average Chileans. I might not have been as kind as I should have to the Republicanos, or the politicians, but I only had the best in mind for Chile. A glorious nation on par with France, with Britain! Where the citizens are held in high regard, among the members of other nations. Where the name of our great Fatherland is spoken with awe by the rest of the world. I await whoever wills me in their custody, or dead, at my Northern Estate in Potosi. I told my guards to leave their posts, and return to their families. I have but one request. Admiral Vallenare be allowed to take my wife, and two youngest sons to a nation of his choice. Thank you, and long live Chile."

-Emperor Cesar I

((And so my attempt at a second napolean fails...

Well back to what I do best. I hope some of you know what I mean ;) ))

Herr/Senor Weismueller has a point. We cannot condemn the son for the actions of the father. To do so would result in all of us being guilty of something or other. It seems a prejudice has been formed against you because of your father, who was a corrupt and conniving man ((and is he still alive, he's going to have a fun time if he is!))

Simply being a member of a group does make you guilty. I was a Liberale during the Zepeda coup, and I remained with the Republic ((technically true, since I wouldn't have supported a dictatorship)). Carrera was a member of both coups, and showed his roots much more plainly; an anti-liberal. General Roseno, however, has proven to be quite different from his two infamous relatives, and seems to show a much more moderate, and solidly republican, world-view. To say that all Imperialistas are bad is one thing; the desire to hang them all is repugnant. General Carrow, a man I respect and served with for a decade, is a fairly liberal man; he sided with Cesar because he believed the Republic was becoming corrupt ((technically true, since Cesar was in power)).

Our fight is not with your family, Cesar, they may leave with my blessing.

As well, I will not return any land without the consent of the Congreso, regardless of my feelings on the matter. On the request, that was my intention entirely, Senor Aragon! Elections will be held soon to determine the leadership of the Interim Government!

As I have stated before, let make amends, not nooses! Let us create harmony, rather than discord! Let us Rebuild the Republic!

Last edited:
I had a secret meeting with Republicano Leader Antonio de Santa Rosa and he has agreed to my demands of a fair trial once the civil war is over. I hope we can discuss this more openly once the emperor is taken prisioner.

((Uhhh...So..I've sorta been in the hospital since Monday dosed up on Morphine....uhhh...what.))
((You've been thrown out of power. Enjoy your retirement.))
Hilarious.

And so my attempt at a second napolean fails...
We could've sorted it out.

((It would have been awesome to have a constitutional monarchy and you incharge of roleplaying the royal family! It seems too late for that))

I will immediately turn myself in for the crimes I have committed against the Republic as soon as it is firmly reestablished. If it is decided that I am to be executed, imprisoned or otherwise, then I will not resist. The Republic needs men that will be faithful to it, no matter how dark the night is, not turncoats who will abandon it at the first sign of trouble.

In my opinion the correct punishment for most of us Imperial turn cloaks would be a lockout from political office and military command for 10 years, or to be shortened or lengthened by a president with the approval of the Senate.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM "THE BIO-BIO JOURNAL"

Local peddlers have reported a large convoy of wagons heading northwest, coming from the old de Caviezel residence. Liandro de Caviezel has decided to flee to Concepcion, bringing his entire family (save a few relatives who chose to stay behind) and all of their possessions along with him. Before leaving the house however, Liandro has said this to his imperialist allies, "Fellow Chileans, I came out of Chillan and I shall return!"

It is assumed that they are heading for a boat to get to Mexico City. (Liandro has an old Mexican-Jewish friend who goes by the initials of I. G.-S.) This comes after Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel commited suicide.

((And if you don't know who I. G.-S. is, you could start by looking at this cartoon. I'm just so twisted right now.))

Last edited:
((For gameplay reasons, I find it unfair for the imperialists to flee. After all, my General Zepeda character had no choice but to be executed. ))

Carrera was a member of both coups, and showed his roots much more plainly; an anti-liberal.

My father-in-law was not a mamber of any coup except the formation of the Empire. Even then he did not completely approve of the actions taken to form it, and passed on his mission to eventually reinstate the Republic. There is a large difference between being "anti-liberal" and "anti-democracy," my father-in-law may not have been a fan of the Liberales or of their views, but he still believed in democracy up until it seemed the Republic was corrupt, much like General Carrow. To include him amongst the vile scum of the imperialistas makes me wonder about the integrity of yourself. I will continue to remain in Admiral Alvarez's custody in peace, nomatter the fact you seek to villianfy my father-in-law.

((For gameplay reasons, I find it unfair for the imperialists to flee. After all, my General Zepeda character had no choice but to be executed. ))

((Meh, what does it matter? If their character gets captured and executed then they could just make up a new character with identical motives or some such)).

I agree with previous comments that an election should be held immediately the war is one. This is the reason we fought this war. With regard to the disposition of any prisoners. There should be a trial and if found guilty I believe that in most cases they should be killed. There may be scope in some cases for more leniancy but not in case of Senior cabinet or leading generals. If these generals had resisted at first we may never have had to go down this road.

Carlos Andonie

As acting Prime Minister, I urge the Emperor to give his orders one way or the other. Do we fight or lay down arms
I will serve the goverment of Chile loyally, as always.

-Acting Prime Minister de Vallanare.

((Should I not receive any orders from Cesar to the contrary TH, assume I arranged Cesar's flight from the country and surrendered the Chilean government to the commander of the San Martin))

Vallanare! The Emperor has spoken (on page 145)! You are to take his two younger sons and his wife out of the country.

(( The exact opposite, it would unfair for them to not be allowed to flee: after all, the republicanos were allowed to flee after we completely destroyed them. ))

((Meh, what does it matter? If their character gets captured and executed then they could just make up a new character with identical motives or some such)).

((What does it matter anyway? After Zepeda was executed, you created another character just like it.

Also, I've got this question . . .

Judging by the notices from the "Bio-Bio Journal", what two famous WWII/GPW generals of the Pacific were the de Caviezels trying to emulate, and who is Liandro's mysterious friend in Mexico? (send pictures if you like) ))

Last edited:
He did support the Emperor, Senor Roseno, but I include him as I include all members of the Empire, even the venerable Senor Romano (whom I have immense respect for). I may have been inaccurate, since his letters were, previously, unknown to me ((I forgot about them in this whirlwind)). His similarities to Carrow are immense, and I included him in that list as well. I apology for insulting you and your father-in-laws integrity.

On a ship on it's way around Kap Horn, to then continue to Venice, an old man is taking his last breaths. Since leaving office his health just got worse. Even though his useless grandson had urged him to return to Austria he had not been willing to leave. He had served Chile the ways he felt were right. He had fought for immigrant rights, but in the end become disillusioned by the nature of the Chilean Republic and joined the emperor in his bid for power. What choice had he really had. Joining the screaming agitators and become hunted like an animal? Certainly not a thing for a civilized man. Instead he had chosen to assume a position in the government and hunted those agitators down. The agitators had meant nothing to him, neither had the emperor. In the emperor he had seen a man able to kill the corruption and constant partisan bickering of the Republic, and that was enough. The emperor had just been another mean to an end. At least his grandson had been smart enough to betray that useless man who couldn't even control his own son. He had not wanted to leave Chile. It was his home now, not Austria. He was tired, he shut his eyes and there was darkness. Only darkness. So did Karl Weissmüller pass away as a nameless passenger on a boat on it's way to Europe.

I accept your apology. All I wished is for my father-in-law to not be soley remembered for his part in this "Empire." But also for his deeds in the War for Independence, the Zapeda coup, and the civil war.

I hope that as soon as the Emperor is in custody, or when we've captured the last Imperial forces (or when TH is good and ready) the election to determine the Interim government will begin.

I intend on running for the position of Interim President.

Last edited:
((It seems as if Santandera's prophecy of the fall of the Empire has rung true. :D))

Following on the comment by de Santa Rosa, I intend to run for the position of Interim President as well.
There needs to be someone who can hold an objective view of the situation. Being new to the political scene, I am certain that I am not as filled with uncontrollable emotions from old disputes and can thus create a more neutral interim government.

- Sérgio Gogołów