• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(But there are even less brigades where the cabinet currently is.)

((I think ThunderHawk is saying it would be best to fight the tiny bear while the big bear is still focusing on Patagonia, and hope to rally forces and fortify or set up your new government while the big bear slowly works its way up - maybe even attacking it bit by bit as it and other forces move closer to you to attack. By marching south and trying to free up Patagonia, you have to fight a lot of armies which are close to each other and where you're probably the biggest target. If you stay north, you fight only the armies that go after you, and they might not all seek you out - preferring to siege Santiago or fight and occupy the rest of the north (which is a larger area with fewer rebels covering it, so a slower turnover of rebels looking for a new target to hit). If armies aren't really focused on taking you out, you won't have to worry about the armies in Patagonia for awhile, allowing you to try to get a foothold in the north before you have to fight them. If the armies are trying to seek you out specifically, then it will be just as easy for the armies in the north to follow you south than for the armies of the south to come up to the north, except that in the north you'll start out fighting only the smaller armies first.))

((I think ThunderHawk is saying it would be best to fight the tiny bear while the big bear is still focusing on Patagonia, and hope to rally forces and fortify or set up your new government while the big bear slowly works its way up - maybe even attacking it bit by bit as it and other forces move closer to you to attack. By marching south and trying to free up Patagonia, you have to fight a lot of armies which are close to each other and where you're probably the biggest target. If you stay north, you fight only the armies that go after you, and they might not all seek you out - preferring to siege Santiago or fight and occupy the rest of the north (which is a larger area with fewer rebels covering it, so a slower turnover of rebels looking for a new target to hit). If armies aren't really focused on taking you out, you won't have to worry about the armies in Patagonia for awhile, allowing you to try to get a foothold in the north before you have to fight them. If the armies are trying to seek you out specifically, then it will be just as easy for the armies in the north to follow you south than for the armies of the south to come up to the north, except that in the north you'll start out fighting only the smaller armies first.))

(( But it seems like we can make an independent Patagonia, meaning it won't be as easy for armies to cross over at us there; whereas it would not make any sense to allow an independent state formed out of a core part of Chile; which is why I crossed it out as being one of those options that if approached woudl sour TH on the whole idea. Calculating all the risks, even if I had the information I do now about the rebels, Patagonia still seems like the best bet. ))

((Regardless, we consider Patagonia to be our core lands, so I consider this plan... dubious, at best))

I stand with the Emperor and will only lay down arms at his command. I intend to join up with the loyalist brigades or make for the Andes to rally the people to the cause

Disraeli was correct about our ability to topple the rebels with even a tenth of their number, at least before the betrayal of the Marshals. Now we see the true colours of the traitor Prince who is only siding with the rebels to remove his obstacles to the crown. I implore you Marshal Carrow, to at least stay loyal on condition of a new constitutional empire.

Last edited:
All of you! Listen closely, I have the final orders I shall ever give:

The Empire shall enact The Black Plan, immediately.

COMMISSIONER KARL WEISMULLER! You will completely empty the Imperial Treasury and then, with the National Security Forces, carry our brave Emperador, binding his limbs and carrying him on your back if necessary, to Patagonia - where you will rendezvous with the Army of Patagonia under Governor-General Alejandro Cortez.

"Disraeli, you forget who is in charge of the Imperial Treasury. As Lord of the Imperial Treasury I will not allow that, quite on the contrary Mr. Disraeli, I will empty the Imperial Treasury and transfer the funds to the Republicanos. Consider this a declaration of my support for the republicanos. Who have been on my mind ever since this conflict began. It pains me that my good friend Armando de Vasces never lived to see this day, ever since he spoke against my so called "support" for the Emperor I have wished that I could tell him what was truely on my mind, but I could not risk any such a thing."

- Romano

Last edited:
It is good to see that you are still with us my friend. Let us forge a better Chile and reinstate the righteous Republic. With Santiago already secured by the Republicano's Militia, there is possibly no way the tyrant Disraeli will able able to empty our treasury and steel the Peoples' money. And in regards to de Vallenare, I have and had never had any intention to ascend the false throne of this false "Empire." I would have rather gone into exile or face a firing squad then go against the wishes of the people.

I am frustrated that now, when the Empire is crumbling we get these weasels now saying they are on our side. Let us not forget that they have sided with and been active members of the Empire for a number of years. They had their chance to join us but instead wanted power. They have had their chance and while their support now is useful they must still be dealt with as the traitors they are.

Do not forget people who was on the side of freedom and the Republic when it mattered.

De Rosa, you too must remember that you are de facto leader of the Republican resistance movement, not an Emperor and this does not give you the power to make promises now or in the future. When we win this war we will return to democracy and not have another person usurp power like the traitor Roseno.

Carlos Andonie

I know this, Senor Andonie, but I do have the power to pardon people. However, we have not yet come to that bridge; instead, if anyone wishes to hold an office during this transitory period, ask me (and tell me what you plan on doing in said office, and bring in a backup office as well). From there we will form the government that will be in power until 1866, when the election will be held to determine the official government, unless you demand an election at this moment (which I am not necessarily opposed to, I simply believe we need time to rebuild the institution of the Republic before we do anything else, and we still have to capture the "Emperor").

Finally, I wish to propose two reforms to the 1836(?) Constitution; Universal Wealth and Free Press, both to be voted on in 1866, or if there is some other vote before that.

It is time to fight for all the true Republicanos. The true Republicanos will never allow amnesty for traitors like Roseno whose loyalty shifts as often as the wind. Your support is not welcomed nor needed. You clearly are not on our side but a coward who is just looking out for his own skin. All Imperialistas past or present are the enemy and will be treated as such by my militia. No amnesty or collaboration with traitors to the republic. De Rosa has no mandate to govern and immediate elections should be held. Replacing one dictator with another is not what me and my men are fighting for. We must not allow De Rosa to collaborate with Roseno and seize power. A true Republic must be established in Chile. True Republicanos must stick together and resist the De Rosa-Roseno power grab.

General Pedro Rivera - Republicano Militia

Last edited:
General Rivera, we must take a conciliatory, gentle approach. We do not want the same cruelty and ruthlessness of the "Emperor" to rub off on us, do we? Regardless, Romano and Roseno had been in talks with me for quite some time (Romano since the "Empire" began). As well, I served with General Carrow and, while we may be of differing views, I respect him and believe that he truly wishes to restore the Republic. Besides, I would much rather fight with them, as opposed to against them.

We can resolve this after the war is won; however, I, as head of the Republicanos, and leader of the Republic, give you an order not to treat any Imperialista you capture unfairly. Treat him with respect and honour, as you would wish to be treated. I want the courts, not the military, or another man's wrath, to be their judge.

De Rosa, I do not recognize you as having any authority. The fact that Roseno was in talks with you the whole time shows what a dishonest snake he is. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself. The same goes for the traitor Romero.

((If TH allows you all to seize power this AAR really has lost all credibility.))

General Pedro Rivera

Do you wish to cause more bloodshed? I want to avoid fighting wherever possible! I do not wish to see more Chilean people die because of this "Emperor!" I'll allow those men to defend themselves, however, Romano has worked from the beginning of this "Empire" to bring it down, and neither Sebastian had to switch sides; Roseno, the Crown Prince, had less of a reason than anyone, but he chose the Republic, he chose liberty. He showed great bravery, opposing Disraeli, and now actively opposing his own father! I respect them, for they chose the people of Chile over their own ambitions. Roseno wants to be put on trial, despite my offers of leniency, of pardon.

If I cannot persuade you to listen to my counsel, I am worried for this Republic. I was chosen by many members of the Congreso, and I am more than willing to put my leadership to a full vote, if you'd recognize it!

((Well... I tried... I now realize I have no idea how to link things here!))

De Rosa, you presme much. I recall no elections that installed you as head of anything except perhaps helping to fight the Imperialists. I agree completly with Rivera that there can be no amnesty with the leaders of the Empire for they have shown the Chilean people no mercy. We all wish to avoid more bloodshed but Carrow and both Roseno's deserve no mercy. Romano, as a former leader had an opportunity to show leadership and stand up for a free Chile but instead took office in the Empire. As soon as the civil war is over and the republic is reborn there must be elections immediately. We are fighting for the right to have vote and there should be no delay in this.

I will give you the benefit of doubt that you are truly seeking freedom and this is not a new plot to take over with Roseno.

"Disraeli, you forget who is in charge of the Imperial Treasury. As Lord of the Imperial Treasury I will not allow that, quite on the contrary Mr. Disraeli, I will empty the Imperial Treasury and transfer the funds to the Republicanos. Consider this a declaration of my support for the republicanos. Who have been on my mind ever since this conflict began. It pains me that my good friend Armando de Vasces never lived to see this day, ever since he spoke against my so called "support" for the Emperor I have wished that I could tell him what was truely on my mind, but I could not risk any such a thing."

- Romano

I'm sure my father, wherever he may be, would forgive you. I personally always had a feeling you were on our side.

-Abelardo de Vasces

Do you wish for an immediate referendum on my leadership? I'll call one, I have no problem with questioning my decisions or leadership.

However, because the Imperialistas were cruel (and not all of them were), we should treat them cruelly? What does that make us? No, I believe firmly we should treat them fairly and impartially. If we go about killing those we are angry at, soon the world will be barren!

((Would TH mind if the Republicanos vote on my leadership in his absence? I don't want to be accused of both taking over the Empire and the AAR!))

There is a difference between being cruel and bringing justice. Treat them with dignity, yes. Execute them, yes.

I have no problem with them going to trial; I've stated that many times. I fear that some people ((Looking at you Rivera!)) may become vigilantes and ignore the law. I want to make it clear as well that I want to be merciful, benevolent, and not some imitation of Napoleon, or Caesar, or Cesar. I want to restore the Republic, and have a free society. And I believe that will best happen through a conciliatory approach. That is not to say that the Imperialistas won't be put on trial; it is merely that those who join us will get softer penalties for some crimes; treason may be dropped, but crimes against the Chilean people I take seriously, and those will be determined by the Courts and the Congreso, not by some strong-armed Presidente. Romano, Carrow and Roseno all can be pardoned if they so wish, and I will vote for their innocence should they be tried, but it is because I believe that they are truly on our side.