• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I Support The Administration

I, Jorge Gales, Support the Administration.

"I support The Administration, as although I disapprove of the government, the rebels are worse. Some of them want a monarchy, even. I shall now take my leave and go to my constituency to help ensure their safety."

Eberado de Cary
Senator for Valparaiso

"Senor de Santa, it is a most welcome statement in such a time that people dare to do what is right in dark times. I will however not interfere with the question of a command post for yourself, as I believe and trust Minister Carrera to be able to handle it, given his experince and profession, to the fullest. However, Minister Carrera I might not intervene in your sphere but I will recommend it giving a serious thought. De Santa has served well as a General before, and If you wish to assign him a post in the military, mabye not as General but nothing less than a Captain or Major then you have my full support and de Santa will have my confidence."

*On the rebellion*

"Fellow members of the Congreso! Once again our democracy is being challenged by those who seek to overthrow it. A miniority of violent and ill-moraled men have taken up arms against the democratic elected administration of Chile. Their demands are clear - my abdication and a change of government, this I -refuse-. My administration is the only legitimate government as a consequence of the elections, and these violent thugs hardly represent a small fragment of the chilean people. I trust that all my generals and ministers will support the administration and defeat these rebels swiftly in order to bring back the stability of an everyday normal life to the average citizen. I trust that not a single minister -or- general will support these rebels, I trust that we shall defeat them, for I know that our democracy is strong, and it is when the wind blows against you that you will truely discover your strength. Once these insurgents have been defeated we shall capture the ring leaders, and I will allow the Congreso to decide their fate."

- President Romano

This despicable and dishonourable stab against the Chilean identity shall not stand! I Fully Support the Administration against these rebels. Those who would completely ignore the will of the Chilean people and unlawfully attempt a seizure of power are dishonourable scum.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

((There was no chance for Santandera to support those rebels without going massively Out Of Character, and since I don't like character derailment... :D))

I off course fully support the government and am sure that this rebellion will soon be put down.

I would also like to propose a move to WEIGHTED WEALTH, once the rebellion has been put down.

((Nope, but from the last coup the Liberales obviously want one. And why would the military give up it's current government? It's in the current coalition and had shown itself to support democracy more than the Liberales.))

((Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of support for the reactionarys from the military, one would think they would support this...))
((Guessing that the military is usually conservative. Preserving the status quo in which they are happy to live with. Reactionary comes when the reforms are too much. Hence, the term "Reaction".))

Here's an update. Almost everyone had declared as a Loyalist already.

Generals:
Grand General of the North: Jorge Alejandro Santandera ((Dyranum)) 2 Infantry Brigades -- LOYALIST
Rear Guard of the Grand Army of the North: Gabriel Alvarez ((Gloa)) 1 Infantry Brigade, 1 Cavalry Brigade -- LOYALIST
Grand General of the South: Roseno ((Red Cesar)) 2 Infantry Brigades -- LOYALIST
General:Carrow ((Seek75)) 1 Cavalry Brigade -- LOYALIST

Ministers:
Minister of the Treasury: Armando de Vasces ((OConner)) -- LOYALIST
Minister of State: Gale ((WelshDude)) -- LOYALIST
Minister of War: Manuel Carrera ((King50000)) -- LOYALIST
Minister of Interior: Alvarez Ana ((Devotist))
Minister of Church and Culture: Antonio Disraeli ((Rogov)) -- LOYALIST

So, the two suggestions I got form reforms were the Free Press and Weighted Universal suggestions. So, it's time to vote on those. Vote Yes/No on each. A sample ballot would appear as follows:

Free Press: Abstain
Weighted Universal: Abstain