• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Before I let Steam patch my LP game... Do old saves work with 1.11?

no just checked in my Rome game, my entire male dynasty is blinded even on older saves (just to check I hadn't done something) I'll have to edit my save so that my heir is not blind as this demoted him so his sister was the heir which would have meant game over for me

Also had my entire Roman imperial family blinded in an instant! What dastardly magic is this?!

EDIT: Also, for some reason many members of my dynasty are now matrilinear descendants of Mohammed...

Not all my roman dynasty but most are blinded. My ruler and his sons aren't. Lucky me!

But I got some weird traits, Beserker, Sayyid...

I did bullock the game when I gave the VG captain a kingship then assassinated him to get the VG title, so that may be the cause.

I think the issue is the new trait that was added. Everything else seems fine, except that all the traits are shifted by one, as the Siege Leader trait was given trait ID number 112, and all the trait IDs after that were moved up by one. For example, Blinded used to be ID #122, and Born in the Purple ID #123, but now Blinded has ID #123 and BitP has #124, so any character that was formerly BitP is now Blinded.

I think the issue is the new trait that was added. Everything else seems fine, except that all the traits are shifted by one, as the Siege Leader trait was given trait ID number 112, and all the trait IDs after that were moved up by one. For example, Blinded used to be ID #122, and Born in the Purple ID #123, but now Blinded has ID #123 and BitP has #124, so any character that was formerly BitP is now Blinded.

Exactly right. Apologies for that, it slipped through our tests.

Good catch and fairly easy to fix. Just tedious as hell :p

Is it even possible to use the console to cure blindness? I mean I can always get more non-blin heirs but I had a really good girl lined up...

Is it even possible to use the console to cure blindness? I mean I can always get more non-blin heirs but I had a really good girl lined up...

Not sure about console, but you can edit the traits in the save game-file.

Someone needs to make an event that triggers for all characters to move all traits over 122 one step...

Not sure about console, but you can edit the traits in the save game-file.

Someone needs to make an event that triggers for all characters to move all traits over 122 one step...

I would mod the game instead. Move the trait 'siege_leader' from 00_traits.txt to be last in 02_traits.txt instead.

I would mod the game instead. Move the trait 'siege_leader' from 00_traits.txt to be last in 02_traits.txt instead.

Aren't you clever ;-p

But yeah, that would work. What's up with the report of syphilis spreading to old saves though? (From the bug-forum.)

Well, the official response seems to be 'oops'.

Any chance of a fix? Official, I mean. It doesn't actually hurt my planned covert game with the RE, but still…

We can't really fix it now that 1.11 is already out. It would invalidate 1.11 saves.