• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like the West and Japan are truly buggered in terms of a oil supply.

The US get's 22% of it's oil From Canada Anyways.

The Middle East only provides around 11% nowadays anyways

The US get's 22% of it's oil From Canada Anyways.

The Middle East only provides around 11% nowadays anyways

22% eh?

That is absolutely unacceptable. It should be at least 30%.

Banzai!!! Banzai!!!

Too bad about Israel. That needs to be fixed.

Obama won't last much longer in office. He blundered and let Cuba actually occupy a bit of territory that is U.S's rightful... so I'm betting on somebody *else* winning 2012. (Michelle Bachmann would be interesting; US becoming a third party in WW4, attacking both sides?)

Banzai!!! Banzai!!!

Obama won't last much longer in office. He blundered and let Cuba actually occupy a bit of territory that is U.S's rightful... so I'm betting on somebody *else* winning 2012. (Michelle Bachmann would be interesting; US becoming a third party in WW4, attacking both sides?)

Dictatorial US, anyone? *evil grin*

I am enjoying this AAR a lot, but I am wondering what you will do about India now. I know they had a pact with the Chinese, but they probably aren't too happy with your increasing power in the region, so perhaps you should strike them before they can ally with China?

Banzai!!! Banzai!!!

I think it could go both ways. It could either go to the war candidate (Santorum or Bachmann), especially if the people feel humiliated like the Italians/Germans did after WW1, but Americans aren't big fans of empire building, so I don't know... What would a jingoist/fascist candidate want to "reconquer" besides Israel which is several thousand kilometers away? The alternative is Ron Paul who has been against the wars IRL. The US seems to have lost pretty badly in the Middle East and was even invaded by a third world country. That could probably make the American people more receptive to RP's ideas of non-interventionism, strong home defense and trade instead of war.

I think you've constructed a really realistic peace deal there, except for the Danubian Federation which is a horrible kludge. I bet they need something similar to the old Yugoslav constitution to make such a mixed country vaguely governable.

Great to see Western Sahara! Yay!

@talt: Nigeria will definitely be under a lot of strain, especially since they just barely survived the war. Had it gone on, they probably would have eventually been defeated by coalition forces attacking from all sides. Anyway, now the biggest issue for the country will be how to integrate its many brand new subjects into the fold! There are probably going to be lots of Chadian rebels on technicals to deal with....

@Razgriz 2K9: In a couple of updates, you can add a 4th member to that list...

@Midge: You would actually be surprised at how much oil I have. Japan is swimming in the stuff! Owning Indonesia I guess has its perks. :happy:

As for the rest: well there is still the UAE and Qatar, plus the USA/Coalition now owns Venezuela, so that gives much easier access to oil. Then as Templar added there is also Canada, however I am not sure if the oil sands could be a very sustainable source of easy oil, since its quite hard to get out of the oilsands.

@Petorius: Welcome aboard. Very good analysis I think about who could possibly come to power in the 2012 elections. Although the USA performed poorly in the Middle East and did little to nothing to save the Europeans, America did very well in Africa and Latin America. (at least if you forget what Cuba did.....) I am still formulating what to do with regards to Obama's political future, since I am leaning towards him getting a very slim victory in 2012.

@Everyone Else: thanks for the comments! It is very good to see that despite the long delays on my part, there are still many who are following this AAR.

Somewhat of a short update this time, since it deals specifically with China.

The pain of defeat has affected no country more so than China. China has lost everything. The Chinese military, once thought to be able to take on any country on earth, was utterly defeated by an only recently remilitarized Japan and its handful of allies. The Chinese government had tried to cover up disastrous defeats and setbacks as much as possible, but all of their propaganda had quickly fallen apart in the face of the massive crushing defeats suffered at Japanese hands. Now, in the domestic power vacuum left by the withdrawal of Japanese forces to the new frontiers, the Chinese regime is having trouble trying to reassert its authority. Many Chinese cities are effectively lawless, and local officials cannot calm the situation down.
chinainchaos.png

It is in this new state of civil unrest that separatist groups in China's distant western territories, Tibet and Xinjiang, decide to make their move. Seizing control of armouries full of weapons and gaining the assistance of local military and police forces, the regions of Xinjiang and Tibet declare independence and secede from China. With the rest of China in chaos, the Chinese regime cannot stop them.
chineseseparatists.png

In Tibet, the Tibetan Government in Exile, based in Dharamshala, India, flies into Lhasa by plane to jubilant crowds, ready to finally assert sovereignty over Tibet after 60 years in exile. The Dalai Lama is the last to step off the plane, before returning to his home in the Potala Palace as Tibet's new Head of State.
tibetangovt.png

A similar situation plays out in newly independent East Turkestan. There, leaders of the World Uyghur Congress arrive in Urumqi, joining with local rebellious officials to form a new government.
eastturkestangovt.png

Back in Chongqing, unable to reassert authority over the country, the leaders of the Communist Party of China decide to abandon ship. The communist party falls apart as its leadership flees for Moscow, into exile.
cpcfalls.png

Now, there is only one institution left that can save China: the Army. A group of Chinese generals and officers take command of the situation and begin to send troops into the cities. Marshal law is declared throughout the country, with soldiers given orders to shoot on sight. On Radio, television, and the internet, the new military regime declares these are necessary measures, in order to "save the Peoples Republic from Anarchy". Ironically, China is now ruled by a regime similar to that leading Japan, albeit far more authoritarian than the one in Tokyo.
platakesover1.png

37238930774362c8fa16o.jpg

Leading this Chinese military Junta are distinguished generals who had taken part in successful Chinese/Russian military operations in Southeast Asia. Generals Tsing Shi Tao and Ta Hun Kwai become the new faces of the junta, taking up the roles of Head of State and Head of Government respectfully. Both declare that one day, China will restore its pride and its power, and will retake lands that are declared to be rightfully those of China.
platakesover.png

China still has an epic IC, despite being crippled. -_-

Whyyyyy

China is falling apart. That's going to be hard to stop. Will Japan interfere in European affairs, when the next war breaks out?

I was expecting China to become military junta after domenestic trouble and separatist activities reached the highest level. Good to see Shin Tao the Nuke and tank general Kwai taking power. :happy:

Chinese IC is still very high despite all the blows, so jingoist China might quickly try to reclaim the territories of Tibet and Sinkiang. Tibet probably lacks experienced military leaders while China is full of veteran officers from fights against advanced enemies. I'd imagine that Dalai Lama would soon try to seek protection from India. This could result in Indian guarantee of Tibetan independence or even mutual defense pact between India and Tibet. As for East Turkestan, India would probably not be really interested in protecting Sinkiang because East Turkestan might be returning favour to Pakistanis for parts of ISI secretly supporting East Turkestani independence fighters before, now offering save haven to Pakistani resistance. Moreover, East Turkestan might be also seen as a threat by Russians too, concerning Russian rule over Kazakhstan. According to this, I would say that Tibet has much bigger chance of survival than East Turkestan has.

Could we have an overview of the military - navy, airforce, and army - across Asia?