• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Come on Europe. Drive the Russians back to Moscow!

now that the Europeans have made some gains, they can posably sue for a white peace but giving Russia political control over Poland/Balkands. Russia gets a lot and Western Europe can sleep a little more soundly.

now that the Europeans have made some gains, they can posably sue for a white peace but giving Russia political control over Poland/Balkands. Russia gets a lot and Western Europe can sleep a little more soundly.

That is not a peace. It is an armistice for four years.

If the Europeans manage to buy some time with that counter-offensive, then they will win eventually.
South America, Africa & South-East Asia are soon no concern for the western world anymore. This will free huge amounts of troops, which can be deployed to the European front. However, this only works, if the EU can buy some time. Greece and Scandinavia are finished and as soon as the last resistance fades in these theatres, the Russians can concentrate all their forces on Germany. Basically it's a gamble now.

The real problem will be China. It's not even that horrifying IC, that makes China so strong. It's the fact, that they have such a huge manpowerpool, that they simply do not care if 20 of their divisions vanish. But I guess Japan will soon make some gains there...

It's also good to see, that the USA are still holding Iraq. This - at the very least - distracts many ECON forces.

I am waiting for the Dutch invasion of China. It is the only remaining target worthy of their daring expeditionary forces.

On the subject of Korea, they would probably be more useful as a 'willing ally' than a subject people. It would be something like a US-UK relationship, but with Japan in the place of the US. There are plenty of other lands for Japan to conquer elsewhere.

On the subject of Korea, they would probably be more useful as a 'willing ally' than a subject people. It would be something like a US-UK relationship, but with Japan in the place of the US. There are plenty of other lands for Japan to conquer elsewhere.

I actually agree with this sentiment too. I mean, Japan already has Indonesia and Malaysia as the perfect colony and military outpost (the way I see it), so it makes sense that the Second Japanese Empire should see the Philippines as allies.

Besides, the Filipino people just won't give their nation up without a fight, as they proved last time, so an independent Philippines is inevitable, one way or another.

Besides, the Filipino people just won't give their nation up without a fight, as they proved last time, so an independent Philippines is inevitable, one way or another.

That's why the Japanese need to put some Garrisons in the Philippines: to knock some sense into them.

Last time I checked the Russians were europeans.

It was meant to be a joke. :eek:o

@History_Buff: I think its possible to say that the Russians have begun to outstretch themselves quite a lot by this point. They have advanced very far into Europe and have taken some significant losses, with quite a lot of Russian units now understrength, in some cases very severely. However, the Europeans have taken even heavier losses, and the Russians have the combined benefits of a huge IC base (reinforced with captured Eastern European industries) as well as a very large manpower pool, allowing them to replace such losses much quicker.

@MarkusH: The Germans are never going to be in a position to make such a demand. Anschluss is dead and has been for decades. Besides, being invaded by the legions of the Russian army gives them far different priorities than integration of Austria, the Germans are going to be lucky to even have a Germany still existing after this war.

@TemplarComander: More like an armistice for 4 decades. A ceasefire and peace treaty with deep concessions to the Russians is probably going to be the EU's best hope of continued existence unless something very dramatic happens that changes the whole balance of the fighting in Europe.

@Lelouch: True, ECON forces are very heavily tied up fighting the Americans, but they are about to get a huge boost of strength....

@hoi2geek: I don't understand the logic of the Philippines somehow being a more worthy ally than Indonesia, despite your claims of them "never giving up their nation without a fight". Remember, they did fight: and they lost, horribly. The philippines belong to Japan now and forever, and are far more useful to the new Japan as a source of additional IC and resources, rather than as a puppet or ally. Nothing will change that arrangement.

@Everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

In the Middle East, brave little Israel runs out of time. ECON forces pound their way into Tel Aviv, the last Isreali stronghold, and begin to seize total control of the city. The last remnants of the IDF, with nearly no remaining supplies or ammunition to keep fighting, finally start to lay down their weapons and surrender. Some hard-line Isreali generals, still in possession of a handful of nuclear warheads (which by now had no way to deploy them, Israel having lost its inventory of suitable launchers and aircraft) suggest detonating the weapons in Tel Aviv in a final act of defiant self sacrifice. Instead, the idea is immediately rebuked by Israel's remaining high command and political leadership, which order the nukes destroyed so they do not fall into ECON hands.The last of the Israeli government and military leadership board the last submarine out of Tel Aviv, just before the city, and with it Israel, surrendered to ECON forces. For the ECON bloc, the victory over Israel is a huge military and political victory. The once invincible IDF has been destroyed, and Israel is out of the fight. Millions of Palestinian diaspora celebrate the defeat of Israel long into the night, as they prepare to return to their old homeland. Meanwhile, huge ECON military forces begin to move out of the Palestine region, bound for the Iraqi war zone, determined to defeat their final great enemy in the region: the United States and its allies. For the Israelis who did not evacuate the country before its surrender, a very uncertain future now awaits, their only hopes for freedom now resting in the hands of the Coalition forces still fighting in the middle east.
israelandnorwaysurrende.png

gazahamasrally15d8pic.jpg

In Southeast Asia, Japanese forces begin their redeployment out of the region in anticipation of future campaigns. In their place, combined Thai and Singapore Army forces, well armed, well trained, and dug in along the mountain passes and dense jungles leading into southeast Asia, will hold the region against any possible Chinese attacks. (also note that Japanese forces successfully cleared out a division of Vietnamese holdouts, under Russian command, in the Mekong delta, just so you know what that green is on the map there).
withdrawalfromseasia.png

In North Africa, the United States is becoming more active in the region. US Army forces land in Mauritania and the Western Sahara region, forcing ECON allied Mauritania to surrender and putting intense pressure on Morocco. Also note that the Dutch Africa Korps has taken border regions of Libya and is outside of Algiers, unable to enter the city due to a lack of enough troops for an assault.
mauritaniasurrenders.png

In Europe, intense fighting between Russian and EU forces continues unabated. In the north, Russian troops took control of Stockholm and Oslo, forcing both Norway and Sweden to surrender. With Copenhagen already in their hands, Russian troops begin to pour out of Scandinavia into Denmark, threatening to invade Northern Germany. These developments come at a terrible time for the Europeans and their beleagured forces. The counteroffensive against the Russians has run out of steam, stopping just short of Berlin, while Russian troops broke through the center of the front and marched into Frankfurt. It is highly doubtful that the EU will be able to hold out for much longer.
swedenisrussian.png

Back in North Africa, the Dutch Afrika Korps get help from another of their European allies. Spain, scraping together what few troops it can spare from the fighting in Germany, lands a strong expeditionary force in Algeria and Morocco. Oran has fallen to Spanish forces, which spread out in all directions towards Rabat and Algiers.
spanishalgeria.png

sirio0630kt2.jpg

In Latin America, ALBA has suffered a huge defeat. Daniel Ortega's Nicaraguan army is crushed by combined US and Mexican army forces, resulting in the final surrender of Nicaragua to the Coalition, the last of ALBA's central American members to do so. The Panama canal zone, under siege for weeks by ALBA troops, is now safely in Coalition hands.
panamasaved.png

ALBA is not totally without anything to show for its efforts though. In another embarassment for the United States government and military, Venezuelan troops have seized control of Puerto Rico. Chavez trumps up this symbolic victory to make up for recent defeats, promising to grant independence to Puerto Rico once the war is over. Its highly doubtful that will happen however, as Colombia's army is advancing towards the Venezuelan border, backed by Coalition airpower.
venezuelanpuertorico.png

In Africa, the situation is continuing to improve for the Coalition. Zambia has surrendered, and Kenya has liberated its capital from Tanzanian/Ugandan troops. Time is running out for many of the SCO's African membership.
zambiansurrender.png

Back in Europe, the EU's frontlines are beginning to collapse. Denmark has surrendered to the Russians, a move that allows Russian forces coming from Scandinavia to invade northern Germany at their leisure. On the front, the Russians have started to completely reverse recent EU gains in Germany, driving their forces back towards the Rhine River in disarray. It seems that Europe's last great gamble has failed to pay off, having expended the bulk of the EU's remaining combat capable forces leaving them with barely anything left to keep fighting. Many high ranking commanders in the EU's forces are now declaring that the war is lost, while France is starting to put its nuclear deterrence force, the Force de Frappe, on standby for action.
danishsurrender.png

Back in Japan, Japanese industries begin another expansion for the Japanese navy. This time, Japanese admirals request the construction of a large number of nuclear powered battlecruisers (CGN's) to begin, with the purpose of giving the navy more heavy surface firepower. To aid these new ships with light air cover, two new light aircraft carriers are also laid down, but are scheduled to only be completed about a year after the CGN's are completed. (damn MDS shipbuilding times! I want my ships now!) :D
cgnsandcvls.png

Interesting. I wonder if we are about to see a situation similiar to what happened in WWII. An occupied or puppeted Europe with Britain keeping up the fight alone. Britain seems to be doing alright for itself, so unless their fleet and/or air force is in a bad way, they could hold out for a long time. The only question will be if they can hold out long enough for the Americans to be able to send them the reinforcements they will need to liberate Europe again.

I had sad music on as I read of Israel being annexed. It sure got the right mood. :(

Last edited:
This war is making me incredibly sad ...

Israel is gone and their people are certainly not facing a bright future ...
Europe is falling apart and the Russians march on in all their brutality and all their anger ...
I fear the future of this world, for it is not bright.

This war is making me incredibly sad ...

Israel is gone and their people are certainly not facing a bright future ...
Europe is falling apart and the Russians march on in all their brutality and all their anger ...
I fear the future of this world, for it is not bright.

I have a tissue if you want.

What I'm sad about now is I can't go study there since it's been annexed. QQ MY EDUCATION! WHERE WILL IT GO NOW?

I'm not worried bout Israel, I somehow doubt the Muslims will treat the Jews in the Middle East like the Catholics treated them in Middle Ages-era Europe.

I predict a Russian Scandinavia in our future before the war is over.

I'm not worried bout Israel, I somehow doubt the Muslims will treat the Jews in the Middle East like the Catholics treated them in Middle Ages-era Europe.

I predict a Russian Scandinavia in our future before the war is over.

Unfortunately I do not share the same Optimism.

The Americans in the Middle East will be in trouble now. Hordes of ECON soldiers, invigorated by the victory against Israel, are coming at them. I wonder, will France really use its nuclear arsenal? The Russians might retaliate, and then everything will be ruined.

The future is indeed bleak for this world. Even if the author wins in the end, they will simply be subject to Japanese Imperialism. But, then again, this appears to be a form of benevolent authoritarianism with religious freedom and so on. Perhaps it is better to have that than the chaos and sectarianism tearing the world apart.