• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IRL this is when tactical nuclear weapons would start to be used. NATO always believed that if the Russians should ever reach the Rhine that nukes would be the only way to stop them.

Probably. I think there will be somewhat of limited nuclear exchange, with Russia holding back to stop nuclear armaggadeon breaking out.

IMO, ALBA isn't going to last much longer. They've lost one of their big members while they are now going to have to fight a two front war against the Americans and British. They're only real hope is to capture the Panama Canal and then shore up in central America while ejecting the British from Argentina.

Please reconsider your decision on Korea; it is only a small price to give up a few bits of Manchuria and maybe Transamur to have an ally worthy of being your ally fighting alongside you. Especially considering the fact you are going up against the USA, you're going to need all the help you can get.

Well maybe the Dutch should keep what they annex. New Dutch colonial empire anyone?

On a serious note, I think it's nuke time. Turn the Russians into glass!

@Sumeragi: You should probably not expect any kind of Korean drive into Beijing, even after Japan's invasion of China begins. Want to know how many troops the ROK is able to spare to fight the Chinese? Six brigades. Six brigades of special forces. Everything else they have is bogged down trying to take out the remnants of the DPRK in the northeast. The ROKA is not going anywhere near Beijing, and my advance on China will make sure of that.
Yet that also means unless you start using nukes, it'll be near impossible for you to knock out both the ROKA and the KPA. It'll be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for Japan to both annex China, fight the enormous armies in Korea, throw jabs at Russia, and keep the US at bay using purely conventional means.

But then, such irrational decisions have been made by Japan before (ah, that crusade against China.....), so this decision might be just "realistic".....

What the hell happened in Europe. How where the Russians able to take over so much territory without any meaningful allies. Also, where is the American Army? You would think that the Americans would start sending massive numbers of troops into Europe if the Russians even got close to defeating the Germans.

It seems that the AIs have all their priorities f*cked up.
I mean America is focusing on the Mid East, China is god knows where, and Africa is a clustercuss!

I think only Russia has AI that knows how to fight wars

But why annexing Korea :S their army is huge, how many japanese soldiers will die just to crush a nation that would be such a benefit for Japan as an allied?

And Manchuria sucks anyway, Japan should focuse on annexing the central and south parts of china, manchuria could be split between allied Korea in the west and puppet Mongolia in the east, a restoration of greater Tibet (Puppet) and Sinkiang (Uyghuristan) as another puppet along the border to central asia.

C'mon it's time to end this silly feud with the Koreans, instead we should unite and turn against our common enemy: The imperialist Europeans!

Btw, besides the regions that goes to your allies and maybe the puppets I mentioned, the actual china should be: a) entirely annexed by Japan b) partly annexed by japan (coastal area) and the rest turned into small loyal puppets or c) made another member of the Japanese co-prosperity zone or something. (puppet)

I mean America is focusing on the Mid East, China is god knows where, and Africa is a clustercuss!

And the Dutch, they knew Russia was winning, so they started to emigrate to Tunisia, makes sense ;)

Nevertheless, I would say that limited nuclear weapons would be deployed, but only on frontlines...still it is a very strange war...where are the Americans?

Tim

C'mon it's time to end this silly feud with the Koreans, instead we should unite and turn against our common enemy: The imperialist Europeans!

I would make that "The imperialist Russians", considering how things are going there.

There's no such thing as a limited nuking, even tactical nukes are taken as seriously as a strategic one. If one nuclear weapon is used, they all are as a "safety precaution".

Loving this AAR so much, it would be nice to see you use the Koreans to help take out China before finishing them off however. NATO appears to sorely need a distraction from your forces.

Considering the fact that winning in the Middle East will get back their access to oil, the US decision to focus on the Middle East is pretty rational. Furthermore, ALBA looks pretty much dead in the water with Argentina dead and Mexico advancing in central America.

Go Britain!

Considering the fact that winning in the Middle East will get back their access to oil, the US decision to focus on the Middle East is pretty rational. Furthermore, ALBA looks pretty much dead in the water with Argentina dead and Mexico advancing in central America.

Also, there's the possibility that in the end, the US might break into the soft belly of Russia, hitting through the Black Earth district.

More pressing question in my mind: India, why aren't you warring Pakistan yet?

Also, there's the possibility that in the end, the US might break into the soft belly of Russia, hitting through the Black Earth district.

More pressing question in my mind: India, why aren't you warring Pakistan yet?

The war has only been going on for a few months. I reckon India is waiting until spring 2010 to attack Pakistan (or when the monsoon is over or something like that)

I'm guessing that Japan would probably not release ANY nation at all in this sense, prefering that the whole world become a province of the New Japanese Empire.

@Razgriz 2K9: Do not worry, Japan's grand master plan for Pacific domination does not involve fighting the Americans and their puppets until after Japan has knocked out the SCO.

@Sumeragi: Nothing is impossible. I will shatter Japan's enemies, whether it is the Chinese, the Russians, the Koreans, or the Americans.

@Timmie0307: It is impossible to have a "limited" nuclear exchange, if the AI were to ever use nukes they would launch everything they have. Probably would not be very smart of NATO to start using them first, since the Russians have a far larger arsenal of nuclear weapons and could easily turn all of western Europe into plate glass. Not saying the Russian's wouldn't pay for it, they would take lots of damage, but in the end it would be Europe that would be worse off.

@talt: True, ALBA will not last for much longer. Then again, they will not be done quickly, their last members will hold out probably for a long time, but they have almost no chance of throwing back Coalition/NATO invasions.

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

As Japanese forces begin to move into position to launch their assault on the final Vietnamese stronghold of Ho Chi Minh City, combined Thai/Singapore Army forces move on the city to test its defenses. PAVN presence in the city is found to be very extensive, as the Vietnamese are gathering almost everything they have left for their final stand. The Thai and Singapore forces are ordered to fall back to their start positions, having not made any headway in the face of intense PAVN resistance.
raidinghochiminhcity.png

Meanwhile, in Africa, coalition forces, led forwards by the South African Defense Force, continue to drive SCO forces further to the north. Mozambique is the latest country to surrender to Coalition forces, while other SCO members are under ever increasing pressure. Zimbabwe's army has withdrawn to defend their capital, now under increasing attacks by SADF artillery. To the west, SADF troops are moving deep into Angola, marching on the capital of Luanda.
southafricanfront.png

The status of the European front on August 24th, 2009. Russian forces are now at the gates of Oslo, Stockholm, Athens, and have taken control of Copenhagen via a combined ground-naval assault. Meanwhile, Russian forces have begun to enter northern Italy. The German front seems to be shifting once again as well, with European NATO forces starting to push the Russians back, at least for now.
europeanfrontaugust24th.png

4321792022.jpg

The Russians and their allies are not the only forces who are actively fighting NATO forces in Europe. ECON is launching amphibious attacks on European Mediterranean islands, such as here, at Crete, where Libyan forces have invaded and taken control of the entire island.
libyatakescrete.png

Back in Southeast Asia, the final battle for control of Ho Chi Minh City begins. Japanese and allied forces attack the city from all sides, ordered not to stop their advance until PAVN forces are driven out. In ferocious house by house fighting, PAVN forces are steadily forced back, fighting hard for every square inch of their remaining stronghold.
battleofhcmc.png

Finally, after several days of intense fighting, the last PAVN holdouts in the city are forced to either lay down their arms or retreat into the Mekong Delta. Japanese, Thai, and Singapore flags fly high over the city, which is now fully secured by Japanese forces.
hcmcfalls.png

Back in Europe, NATO's European Union members launch a final, desperate large scale counteroffensive to drive the Russian army back. The Europeans, down to their last reserves of soldiers and equipment, are throwing everything they have left in this offensive. European forces quickly make great progress, liberating Munich, Nuremberg, Leipzig, and many other German cities from the Russians. Russian troops meanwhile fall back to secondary defensive positions, hoping to keep the EU from retaking control of Austria, the Czech Republic, and Eastern Germany.
europeancounterattackse.png

aa51aa27.jpg

Back in Vietnam, Japanese/Thai forces move to finish off the remnants of the Peoples Army of Vietnam. Enemy troops, low on ammunition, supplies, and having lost battle after battle to superior Japanese forces, only put up sporadic resistance before surrendering en masse to Japanese and allied troops.
pavnmoppedup.png

Meanwhile, in West Africa, Nigeria's advances in the region have attracted the attention of far greater powers. 45,000 US troops invade Nigerian controlled areas along the coast, liberating coastal regions of Togo, Benin, and seizing control of the massive Nigerian city of Lagos. Nigeria's army is reported to be redeploying large numbers of troops from the rest of its fronts to keep the Americans from advancing any further.
americainvadesnigeria.png

Finally, in Southeast Asia, Vietnamese leaders sign the final surrender of their country to Japanese and allied forces. With Vietnam's surrender, the last of the SCO's allies in Southeast Asia have been defeated. Vietnam is put under temporary Thai administration, pending a handover to Japanese control when the war with the SCO is over. The Southeast Asian campaign is over, but far greater battles still await the forces of the Japanese Army before final victory is achieved.
vietnamsurrenders.png

Last edited:
Vietnam lost the war and it's independence, serves them right though, Vietnam was much better off a Japanese province anyway.

Nonetheless, we still have the Chinese to deal with, them and the North Koreans, since Russia will probably not involve itself that much what with most of their military trying to turn Europe into Russia.

Okay enough rambling from me.

What are the Americans doing invading Nigeria? Don't they have far more important things to do then try to fight back the Nigerians, like maybe helping the Europeans push back the Russians or taking back the Middle East. Speaking of Europe, I hope that the Europeans can keep up the advance, or at least hold their ground were they are. Are the Russians starting to run out of steam or are they simple stretching themselves too thin trying hold all that territory? Also, I am glad to see that the Chinese and their Southeast Asian allies have so far turned out to be paper tigers. I am eagerly awaiting your grand entry into Bejing.