• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Annexed territory does not have the occupied throughput limits making up for the revoltrisk penalties. The only downside is the loss of resources from revoltrisk but its a more balanced return than what the occupation policies had you just can't game the system by stacking mp's now.

Hi, i'm playing as france in 1936 and i'd like to take part in the war in spain, but this require 50 popularity and 50 organisation for my political party ( ARV )

And i can't seem to reach it somehow. My popularity seems to randomly go up and down, and never get past 40. Organisation rises too slowly. I've tried to put in charge a prince of terror as minister (+15%), and to use 10 spies (maximum apparently) to support the ruling party, but it still doesn't work at all. Apparently i occasionnaly lose popularity because of internal problems? or drifts?

Could you explain to me how that works and how to reach the popularity? That tutorial with hitler didn't teach me much of the factors i need to know :(

Hi, i'm playing as france in 1936 and i'd like to take part in the war in spain, but this require 50 popularity and 50 organisation for my political party ( ARV )

And i can't seem to reach it somehow. My popularity seems to randomly go up and down, and never get past 40. Organisation rises too slowly. I've tried to put in charge a prince of terror as minister (+15%), and to use 10 spies (maximum apparently) to support the ruling party, but it still doesn't work at all. Apparently i occasionnaly lose popularity because of internal problems? or drifts?

Could you explain to me how that works and how to reach the popularity? That tutorial with hitler didn't teach me much of the factors i need to know :(

even if you could better don't join the war since it will screw up everything.

what armies? when they are in exile they already surrendered and no longer have armies. actually he has to reload several times since always only one country can be annexed.

The manual states that governments in exile maintain all armies outside of the home country, so they theoretically could still have armies. Did this change in FTM?

The manual states that governments in exile maintain all armies outside of the home country, so they theoretically could still have armies. Did this change in FTM?

yes, but i did understand that you did beat all the members of that faction. however, having an army or not has nothing to do with the status of that country.

yes, but i did understand that you did beat all the members of that faction. however, having an army or not has nothing to do with the status of that country.

Oh, okay. I wasn't the original questioner, so you'd have to ask him :)

I have a question about something i have in the vanilla FTM and some mods. Idk if it's a bug...

Sometimes, even if my unit is full supplie, wit commander and enough officer, and on plains, the speed drops to 0.002 km/h . It happens anytimes, with no reason. When i'm at peace, that's quite...okay, but here it's my mountaineer brigadeds stuck in mountains right after an attack. Since i expected them to rush through this terrain to capture VP, they just advance at 0.002 km/h....even if, as said before, they have supplies and everything.

It's not a weather problem either....

I have a question about something i have in the vanilla FTM and some mods. Idk if it's a bug...

Sometimes, even if my unit is full supplie, wit commander and enough officer, and on plains, the speed drops to 0.002 km/h . It happens anytimes, with no reason. When i'm at peace, that's quite...okay, but here it's my mountaineer brigadeds stuck in mountains right after an attack. Since i expected them to rush through this terrain to capture VP, they just advance at 0.002 km/h....even if, as said before, they have supplies and everything.

It's not a weather problem either....

Damaged terrain, or weather and you don't realize it ;) Whats the province? Just cause theres no clouds above it doesn't mean there isn't snow, really cold temps or mud.

Q: How exactly do RADAR stations work; what do additional levels (building) do; what do additional levels (tech/efficiency) do?
Q2: Do the decryption/encryption techs only apply to "intel" gained from RADAR?

Cheers :)

Damaged terrain, or weather and you don't realize it ;) Whats the province? Just cause theres no clouds above it doesn't mean there isn't snow, really cold temps or mud.

I've looked at anything possible, and it can happen either in mountains, or in a plain with a 10 infra on a clear summer day in the middle of Italy.
I must say i'm quite bothered...

In conquered countries, is there a way to reduce the revolt risk lower than 5.9%? I tried MP's but they did not appear to have any affect.

What you have to do is build several military police brigades and research policing units. Then, you simply have to keep crushing each revolution and eventually the revolt risk will go down - in most of my provinces, the risk is only 3.5%. But it takes several years...

I have another question - all of my aircraft refuse to perform any kind of bombing run. My Tacs refused to do a ground attack, and my V2's refused to strategically bomb. When I give the order, it just says in the division window "Ground Attack/Strategic Bombing (Returning)" and then stops, despite having been given the order to bomb continuously for a month!

What you have to do is build several military police brigades and research policing units. Then, you simply have to keep crushing each revolution and eventually the revolt risk will go down - in most of my provinces, the risk is only 3.5%. But it takes several years...

I have another question - all of my aircraft refuse to perform any kind of bombing run. My Tacs refused to do a ground attack, and my V2's refused to strategically bomb. When I give the order, it just says in the division window "Ground Attack/Strategic Bombing (Returning)" and then stops, despite having been given the order to bomb continuously for a month!

Annexed revoltrisk is nationalism. Its unaffected by suppression. Throughput is higher through annexed land and as the revoltrisk drops each month, the revoltrisk penalty for all assets extracted from the land is reduced slightly and the penalty to the caps on each asset is also reduced. Annex is actually better than collaboration government. You just can't see half the benefits in plain sight ;) I'm also pretty sure annexed revoltrisk is an equation between the global revoltrisk modifier in static modifiers multiplied by your partisan efficiency in espionage screen, so in theory you could have a lesser revoltrisk if you dropped the civil law to open society or legalistic restrictions, but it doesn't change on the fly, it would need to be open or limited when annex occurs.

I have counters off in options and there is a bug with hungarian inf troops and luxemburgs that dont look right at all. I have steam version of HoI 3 , For the motherland and shemper fi
*nowdays are there any multyplayer games on metaserver becaus its always emthy and I would like to know if the problem is from me or just noone plays this game in mp

no one answered my question yet :S

Afaik, the most reliable way to improve your ruling party's popularity is by setting the relevant mission for your domestic spies from the intelligence tab.

[edit:
Q: Not sure if I correctly understand IC efficiency: what exactly does it do? You get more production/consumer goods/reinforcements/supplies/upgrades for your IC spending? Or does it reduce build time for ICs spent in production, like research efficiency techs work for research speed?

10q]

Last edited:
I have counters off in options and there is a bug with hungarian inf troops and luxemburgs that dont look right at all. I have steam version of HoI 3 , For the motherland and shemper fi
*nowdays are there any multyplayer games on metaserver becaus its always emthy and I would like to know if the problem is from me or just noone plays this game in mp

Multiplayer hookups occur in the multiplayer subforum, these games take weeks and months to play out, people don't hang out in meta when their steam accounts link them to common steam groups to chat with.

Sorry figured someone had. The ways to raise popularity is to pump extra IC into consumer goods beyond the required amount, raise spies, and set ministers to support ruling party. Also any ally may try to raise their party on you and you can't turn it off, its rather annoying, phillipines and UK do it alot with republican party. When popularity is up, over time org goes up too.

So its better to just conquer and annex a country?

You don't get to choose, you are stuck with whatever one occurs because its completely reliant on the conquered nation being in a faction or not. Typically just italy and japan get to annex nations in FTM, once ww2 starts everytime a nation is declared upon they instantly join the closest opposing faction. The benefits of annex is better overall throughput and over time the benefits increase, the downside is that if the area is traffic for supplies for a large army it can be painful and best to manually avoid supply lines across it by either setting up an airbridge across the annex gap or if its possible set a manual convoy around the territory. In the case of japan, you can't do manual convoys since one end of the convoy has to involve their mainland. Air bridge still works well though. Or you could use my partisan province idea to cut supply through the annexed region and force it to be funneled through ports instead.

Last edited: