• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
tl;dr, Why can't I war with Turkey for Istanbul, or Romania for its Oil Refinery strat. resource?

Because it takes a lot of time and works to add every bit of ahistorical land grab that the players can think of.

Follow-up: if I puppet Romania, will it give me the benefit of the Oil Refinery?

You don't need to annex or puppet someone to get access to strategic resources. They just have to be alligned close to you and be on the same continent or bordering the same ocean.

you can edit in acquire territory wargoals but I forget where it is and it requires some magically leaps of knowing commands and variables that aren't listed in the file you edit in.

You just need to add another region to regions.txt and add a "peace" before putting the province IDs in. Getting the correct IDs is the worst part if you're not using a tool like HoI3PosEd.

When buying a production license...how does training work? For example if I'm buying an INT from the UK do I need to train up my fighter theories or does the UK apply theirs?

Is your national stockpile of fuel low or are there units without fuel in conquered lands? The fuel you get from conquering italy and vichy alone should keep a full CA army full in europe, I think you would need to elaborate more. USA should have 99999 fuel regardless of your army setup, their Industry and oil production is pretty insane for this game.

Well in fact I always do like this : i invade Japan, then declare war to USSR, and the main battle with them is India with british forces. There all my fuel go to trade (that s normal i know, cause i am on a british territory), and in 4-5 months, i get 0 fuel in my stockpile

Because it takes a lot of time and works to add every bit of ahistorical land grab that the players can think of.

You don't need to annex or puppet someone to get access to strategic resources. They just have to be alligned close to you and be on the same continent or bordering the same ocean.
You've heard of the Megali Idea? I don't think it would be too "gamey" for a right-leaning Greek government to demand territories around the Agean or the Dardanelles from the Turks, or the Dodekanisa from Italy. Yet they can fight e.g. Romania or Persia for a scrap of earth on the Russian border? Odd. Looks a little more like idleness or forgetfulness on the part of Paradox (sorry, guys).

Actually, iirc Greece is one of only a few powers capable of claiming the "Turkish Strait" strategic effect (as CplKatie explained in another thread, this isn't shared by faction). Part of the requirements are to control a single territory just north of Cyprus... which in order to obtain, I would need to conquer ALL OF TURKEY? Craziness!

I'm not asking about dragging them into my faction, I'm asking about kicking them about and taking use of the Refinery myself ;)
...anyway, I thought that strategic resources all went to the faction leader?

Well in fact I always do like this : i invade Japan, then declare war to USSR, and the main battle with them is India with british forces. There all my fuel go to trade (that s normal i know, cause i am on a british territory), and in 4-5 months, i get 0 fuel in my stockpile
Have you tried creating a supply convoy? Alternatively, you could try snatching an IC centre, they should normally be capable of generating some supply/fuel. Or is the problem that you have zero fuel in your national stockpile? In which case, try trading for more (or more crude oil), set your occupational style to something more oppressive, control more resources and tech improvements to your oil refining efficiency.

I remember there being a mod event that let you quickly return provinces controlled by a faction member who did not have a core on the province to a faction member that had. Does anyone remember where this mod could be found?

how many combined arms divisions are in india? Seems kinda strange to me, why not invade japan mainland from your own side? I bet you have waaay too many divisions fighting over india/thailand in muddy supply lines so the fuel isn't getting to them but the demand on the unit is throwing the trade up and up and up.

You've heard of the Megali Idea? I don't think it would be too "gamey" for a right-leaning Greek government to demand territories around the Agean or the Dardanelles from the Turks, or the Dodekanisa from Italy. Yet they can fight e.g. Romania or Persia for a scrap of earth on the Russian border? Odd. Looks a little more like idleness or forgetfulness on the part of Paradox (sorry, guys).

You also can't give Transnistria to Romania after the bitter peace and you are complaining about something a country didn't even had the chance to try. That's not forgetfulness, they just don't give you every ahistorical outcome and leave that part to the modding community.

Hi! I'm having a slight problem with Semper Fi, concerning leadership. I started with the 1936 "Road to War" scenario and it is currently September, 1945. (The Axis has been defeated.) I am playing as Bulgaria, and have occupied Yugoslavia, Greece, Yunnan and Hungary (Collaboration Government), whilst I have annexed Romania, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, Austria, Italian Social Republic, France (including its empire) Persia, Norway, Sweden, Ethiopia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Guanxi Clique and Tibet. I have also annexed Rome, Naples and Taranto in my "marine" invasions of Italy. Despite controlling so much territory, and with Education at the level which gives me +25%, and having Massive Education Investment on, my leadership is at 15.6. I have sacrificed production of spies and diplomacy points in order to focus on research and officers. However, other countries have far more advanced technology, as a recent failed invasion of Japan proved, as well as plenty of officers, of which I cannot produce enough (officer level at 77%). Why is my leadership so low? Have I overlooked something or is there some kind of bug? Please help, this is really holding me back...

You also can't give Transnistria to Romania after the bitter peace and you are complaining about something a country didn't even had the chance to try. That's not forgetfulness, they just don't give you every ahistorical outcome and leave that part to the modding community.

Yeah where's my USA's option to turn Mexico into New Alamo City?

Hi! I'm having a slight problem with Semper Fi, concerning leadership. I started with the 1936 "Road to War" scenario and it is currently September, 1945. (The Axis has been defeated.) I am playing as Bulgaria, and have occupied Yugoslavia, Greece, Yunnan and Hungary (Collaboration Government), whilst I have annexed Romania, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, Austria, Italian Social Republic, France (including its empire) Persia, Norway, Sweden, Ethiopia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Guanxi Clique and Tibet. I have also annexed Rome, Naples and Taranto in my "marine" invasions of Italy. Despite controlling so much territory, and with Education at the level which gives me +25%, and having Massive Education Investment on, my leadership is at 15.6. I have sacrificed production of spies and diplomacy points in order to focus on research and officers. However, other countries have far more advanced technology, as a recent failed invasion of Japan proved, as well as plenty of officers, of which I cannot produce enough (officer level at 77%). Why is my leadership so low? Have I overlooked something or is there some kind of bug? Please help, this is really holding me back...

You have conquered nations with equal or less leadership than bulgaria ;) Annexed territory suffers from severe penalties to leadership, if you want to know what your getting from the various lands simply switch to resource mapmode and select provinces that are green and look at the leadership break down. Most of those countries suck for leadership and your getting the annexed penalty on top of them.

You have conquered nations with equal or less leadership than bulgaria ;) Annexed territory suffers from severe penalties to leadership, if you want to know what your getting from the various lands simply switch to resource mapmode and select provinces that are green and look at the leadership break down. Most of those countries suck for leadership and your getting the annexed penalty on top of them.
Alright, thanks. In that case, how do you get substantially more leadership (without cheating)?

Conquer real nations next time, germany, all of italy, france, UK, USA, Russia, or just play a country that has leadership to begin with. Everyone you conquer will suffer major leadership penalties for.

how many combined arms divisions are in india? Seems kinda strange to me, why not invade japan mainland from your own side? I bet you have waaay too many divisions fighting over india/thailand in muddy supply lines so the fuel isn't getting to them but the demand on the unit is throwing the trade up and up and up.

I have 5 army full 3inf+1art and 3 army full 3armored+ingé

And i do fight 1st japan, and when its over, I attack USSR.
I don't attack east coast, because the infrastructure are too bad.Ii prefer to hurt them in India, while british get a lot of problems with them as i declare war being part of the allies and they are not prepared.

I have 5 army full 3inf+1art and 3 army full 3armored+ingé

And i do fight 1st japan, and when its over, I attack USSR.
I don't attack east coast, because the infrastructure are too bad.Ii prefer to hurt them in India, while british get a lot of problems with them as i declare war being part of the allies and they are not prepared.

Waaaay too much in india. Japan only needs 3-5 corps to conquer it, you have waaaay too much. I'd invade either china or indochina cause thats where the japanese stockpile is going to be, capture that and starve the forces in india.