• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have already made the division, so I can't make it, I need to know where it is at the moment. I understand how to make combined arms divisions, but not how to see it after the fact.

i meant make up the current divison as is or as close as in that screen, so you can see what the divison on the map will be when it is full upgraded, then add the unit you think it needs to get CA back agian. you don't actually build the divison.

other wise you select the divsion on the map, click on one of the component brigades, then record its softness from the card that appears, average the sum and if its outside the boundaries figure out the requried increase to get back within

EDIT: if a divsion has CA on the map it has a little tank symbol on the divsion card look for that

hey guys how outnumbered can i be when fighting the soviets as germany? i have 1.1 million soldiers on the eastern front and the soviets have 2.23 million (killed a little already) They are marching on romania but i halted their advance on its capital, while i advanced equally on the hungarian front while the polish border and east germany border front are static. I have lots of mechanized, motorized and armour on the hungarian front but i dont know if it will be able to pocket the soviet forces since i am heavily outnumbered.

BTW i dont need to worry about US or UK, since UK has been defeated already and US is trying to invade Equador( me and brazil captured paraguay, uruguay, colombia, venezuela and equador, which are now guarded by a 200k strong marine army). Italy is not assisting me that much because it is defeating the remaining british in east africa (the rest of africa and the middle east are already on my or italy control)

Oh and found a major bug.... declared war on Panama so i could get US panama channel and, since i am at war with both the Allies AND Comintern, Panama allied itself with the Cominter, lol. Im using FTM 3.05

I've got a question. Are the theory techs worth researching in FTM's latest version?

Last edited:
I've got a question. Are the theory techs worth researching in FTM's latest version?

unless there is no other way to create the theroy (like nukes or rockets) its a waste of time

EXCEPT for those 3 in the bottom left, they give supply rate boosts along with repair rates

hey guys how outnumbered can i be when fighting the soviets as germany? i have 1.1 million soldiers on the eastern front and the soviets have 2.23 million (killed a little already) They are marching on romania but i halted their advance on its capital, while i advanced equally on the hungarian front while the polish border and east germany border front are static. I have lots of mechanized, motorized and armour on the hungarian front but i dont know if it will be able to pocket the soviet forces since i am heavily outnumbered.

BTW i dont need to worry about US or UK, since UK has been defeated already and US is trying to invade Equador( me and brazil captured paraguay, uruguay, colombia, venezuela and equador, which are now guarded by a 200k strong marine army). Italy is not assisting me that much because it is defeating the remaining british in east africa (the rest of africa and the middle east are already on my or italy control)

Oh and found a major bug.... declared war on Panama so i could get US panama channel and, since i am at war with both the Allies AND Comintern, Panama allied itself with the Cominter, lol. Im using FTM 3.05

diplomacy is lacking in this game, any one you attack AFTER you attack a faction will join the faction you last DOW'ed.

you should be able to crush the SOV's but be very careful as the amount of fuel you may end up using is likely to stop long before the SOV could. try using only a small amount of your forces after the intial attack adn rotate them as you advance, just keep all your units in supply and build up INFRA line o the front

All you need to do is load your saved file, then click on the Nation you wish to play as.

a even faster way is to use the TAG command, in the console, that has the same/similar effect, just in game without reloading

Could someone help me out with my tactics here ?

I just recently moved up from vanilla. (Not sure if it effects anything). When I launch attacks, I notice the opposing forces always have very high modifiers compared to my units. I leave my HQ's behind the front lines and like to use infantry to open up holes for my armor. Should I mix in armor with my assaults ?

Could someone recommend a good tech tutorial ? I think I'm doing alright in that department, but I want to see how the guys with more skills/playtime go about it.

Also, the farther your units are from their home regions, the harder it is for supplies to reach them, right ?

I made a mistake, adding the wrong war goal, then ending the war. Is there any way to save game edit the war to still be going on?

I made a mistake, adding the wrong war goal, then ending the war. Is there any way to save game edit the war to still be going on?
yes, go to the save game, use the find tool and type "wargoal" (no quotes). then look for the one you want and highlight and delete it

also one last question as long as we're on save games...
is it possible to go to a save game and "make" myself and the soviets at war? to elaborate: you know that little red box in the top left corner that says "at war with", well can i essentially add nations to be at war with?

how does the TAG switch work, it seems i can never do it properly

open the console with the ~ button (or equivalent if you don't use the American keyboard), type in "tag GER" to switch to Germany, replace "GER" with the 3 letter code for the country to swap to it.

IMPORTANT, DO NOT UNPAUSE WHILE SWAPPED this means that your original country reverts to AI control. you can change stuff in the AI country by removing it from AI control like normal, making a change, then putting it back under AI control.

if it mucks up your game don't complain as its a DEV testing feature that the modders nagged for.

common country codes:
Germany = GER
England = ENG
France = FRA
USA = USA
Soviet = SOV
Italy = ITA
Japan = JAP
republican spain = SPA
Turkey = TUR

they are listed in the countries file in the common folder in the HOI3 directory (where the HOI3.exe is)

Playing Dies Idra Gotterdammurang (sp?) and I have a German teck labelled russian railways and the effect is -10% IC. Is that for the Russians? OR for me, but I get some benefit?

Thanks.

Only for you, becouse only you need to switch between "normal" and "soviets" railway...

Which is the difference between radar level 1 and radar level 3?
Is better one big radar level 10 or a net of 10 radar level 1?
Thanks

It's better to have one big 10 lvl radar than 20 smallers. Advantage is greater radius of radar, higher bonus to air combat and more accurate info about your enemies.

Only for you, becouse only you need to switch between "normal" and "soviets" railway...

It's better to have one big 10 lvl radar than 20 smallers. Advantage is greater radius of radar, higher bonus to air combat and more accurate info about your enemies.

LVL 10 radar works like "nofog" for the 10 surrounding provinces, and shows every unit you intell knows about within 20, it bloody rocks

LVL 10 radar works like "nofog" for the 10 surrounding provinces, and shows every unit you intell knows about within 20, it bloody rocks

Yes but you must remember to research proper techs (and your enemy must have radio) to gain this feature.