• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless there is going to be pre-order benefits I see no reason to pre-order. With the recent spat of missteps from PI-related games and the confusion over whether or not Steam is required I think it's better to wait until release.

Of course early access to the beta would change my mind in about 1 second. I'm not very principled.

I made a decision hastily, but maybe the so called bonuses that I don't care so much about are to be revealed at the same time they won't be operant. After all, they said there will be a politic for preorder bonuses. I don't think the first to preorder should be disadvantaged.

The game looks pretty solid, and there's a lot of LP's to check out to guide your decision.

I'm unable to spare the cash at the moment. Though if beta access was a bonus, I'd happily sell a kidney or two

Im still hoping that they allow people who pre-order into the Beta, that is always the best way of getting people to buy the game early.

I don't know...
I'm guessing the people over at steam have found digital hats to be a big seller.
-
On an unrelated note, I'll probably wait for the Steam preorder, simply due to how much I use steam.
Even if I did aquire through a different method than steam, I'd end up launching it through steam anyway.

Unless there is going to be pre-order benefits I see no reason to pre-order. With the recent spat of missteps from PI-related games and the confusion over whether or not Steam is required I think it's better to wait until release.

Of course early access to the beta would change my mind in about 1 second. I'm not very principled.

Actually, they said somewhere, that people who preorder will get special bonuses, didn't they?

exactly what these bonuses are, i havn't seen any mention of.

I'll buy today if there's access to preview version, otherwise, as yet, there's no real incentive for early purchase.

It says no DRM, so I'm assuming no Steam.

Wasn't there a huge thread that got locked recently with the comment that no decision had been made?

Edit:
Can we get confirmation that the GamersGate version is 100% non-Steam?

I'll buy today if there's access to preview version, otherwise, as yet, there's no real incentive for early purchase.

i think theyres a special forum, a nicer icon and the knowledge that its been paid for already so you dont need to find the money to pay for it when it comes out.

I pre-ordered but that was more because I got the money now and I'm might be moving at any time within the next 6 months. But I wouldn't deny that some kind of pre-order bonus would be very welcome, I just hope that if PI decide to add a bonus it retroactive for those who already pre-ordered it.

Otherwise I would like to thank PI making CK2, I never stopped playing CK1.