• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

((Urgh, alright.))

((EDIT: By the way, for people who've been asking, the confidence bonus does not apply to confidence votes themselves - it applies to all other actions of the parliament, to demonstrate that the large majority of the party of power makes it easier to get stuff done.

A confidence vote will prompt me to update the confidence bonus if the government survives.))

((EDIT2: Further apologies to Otto for forgetting his [post=18620162]Government Railroad Use Bill[/post]))

Last edited:
OFFICER OF CENSORSHIP, IL CONTE D'IVREA

After much debating and thinking, following the increasing numbers of people requesting to be awarded with a press license from the Office of Censorship, this new law has been decided upon for the greater good of our press and our nation :

IVREA AMENDMENT

I . A simple ballot will be required to inspect the purposes of the apparent press :

NAME : XXXXXXX
NAME OF IT'S HEADMASTER : XXXXXXX
CLASS OF IT'S HEADMASTER : XXXXXXX
IDEOLOGY : XXXXXXX
PARTY OF THE HEADMASTER : XXXXXXX

II . Failure to present this ballot in the time period of 5 years will deem the person unable to be awarded of a press license for 10 years.

III . A press license is deemed to last 10 years, failure to renew the license by 15 years will deem the person unable to be awarded a press license for 5 years.

IV . The Officer of Censorship is allowed without any type of blockage to strip a person from it's license if deemed unable, neglecting or dangerous to the Office itself or the nation.

V . If the Officer of Censorship is informed of an illegal, underground or anti-national newspaper being made in Sardinia-Piedmont, he will forever be banned of any press licenses or rights and denounced to the Prime Minister possibly ending in jail.

VI . The Prime Minister may intervene if he deems a person unworthy or dangerous of owning a press license.

- Alvaro Vienta Numancia d'Ivrea, Officer of Censorship

Last edited:
Chamber Gag Bill II: No
Amendment to Act for Proper Administration: Yes
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Yes
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Yes
Official Budget for 1851: No
Repeal of the State Correspondence Act: No
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Yes
Government Railroad Use Bill: Yes

[Industrialist]
[No Bonuses]

- Marco Moretti

((Belated closing of the I Pretoriani leadership vote:

The winner, and new leader of the honorable party of Praetorians, is...Granelli (Somberg)!

Ponzo - Dropped from race
Granelli - V
Piccinnu - None
Balbo - IV

Last edited:
(( To the Officer of Censorship ))

NAME : L'Ape
NAME OF IT'S HEADMASTER : Frederico del Idra
CLASS OF IT'S HEADMASTER : Politician
IDEOLOGY : Patriotic Liberal
PARTY OF THE HEADMASTER : I Pret

Chamber Gag Bill II: No
Amendment to Act for Proper Administration: Yes
Official Budget for 1851: No
Repeal of the State Correspondence Act: No

[Industrialist]
[Foresight +50%]

- Marco Moretti

(Reposted due to a forgotten bonus)

OFFICE OF CENSORSHIP

Frederico Idra and L'Ape has here forth been awarded a press license for the period of 10 years.

- Conte d'Ivrea, Officer of Censorship

Old ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Nay

New ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Aye

According to the information I received, some parts of this bills do not correspond with the Statuto Albertino. Therefore I would advise the honorable author to withdraw and alter it.

[Aristocrat]
[Senator + 25%, Mastermind +50%]

((Privy Council - Private))

My lords of the Privy Council,

Our leader, Prime Minister Conte Bonaretti, has awarded many of us with high rewards for our service during the Springtime. However, in his modesty and decency, he did not even think of asking anything for himself - the man who saved the realm from revolution, under who has won the greatest acclaim of whole population by his patriotic actions and wise governance.

However the grateful kingdom has rewarded him with his widest support - and I believe that we cannot ignore the deeds of the Prime Minister and are obliged to ask His Majesty to commend his noble self in certain way. For a long time I have thought what reward would be appropriate for the Count of Nice who take the grave responsibility during the most terrible times and led the Kingdom through the most terrible of storms. It is hard to find something appropriate- however, I have the following idea. Conte Bonaretti is a man that symbolises victory for Sardinia-Piedmont - victory over the Hydra and victory of the royalism in the Kingdom. Therefore I suggest that we would ask His Majesty to grant Conte Bonaretti the honorary title of Marchese di Vittoria (the Marquess of Victory), that would forever immortilize his deeds in the memory of his descendants, that would inherit it - and would urge them to follow the steps of thier great ancestor. I ask the Lord President to open the vote on the matter.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

Old ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Aye

New ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Nay

According to the information I received, some parts of this bills do not correspond with the Statuto Albertino. Therefore I would advise the honorable author to withdraw and alter it.

[Aristocrat]
[Senator + 25%, Mastermind +50%]

((Privy Council - Private))

My lords of the Privy Council,

Our leader, Prime Minister Conte Bonaretti, has awarded many of us with high rewards for our service during the Springtime. However, in his modesty and decency, he did not even think of asking anything for himself - the man who saved the realm from revolution, under who has won the greatest acclaim of whole population by his patriotic actions and wise governance.

However the grateful kingdom has rewarded him with his widest support - and I believe that we cannot ignore the deeds of the Prime Minister and are obliged to ask His Majesty to commend his noble self in certain way. For a long time I have thought what reward would be appropriate for the Count of Nice who take the grave responsibility during the most terrible times and led the Kingdom through the most terrible of storms. It is hard to find something appropriate- however, I have the following idea. Conte Bonaretti is a man that symbolises victory for Sardinia-Piedmont - victory over the Hydra and victory of the royalism in the Kingdom. Therefore I suggest that we would ask His Majesty to grant Conte Bonaretti the honorary title of Marchese di Vittoria (the Marquess of Victory), that would forever immortilize his deeds in the memory of his descendants, that would inherit it - and would urge them to follow the steps of thier great ancestor. I ask the Lord President to open the vote on the matter.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

Chamber Gag Bill II: Abstain
Amendment to Act for Proper Administration: No
Official Budget for 1851: Yes
Repeal of the State Correspondence Act: Yes

[Trading in Wine +20%]

- Riccardo Cavalieri, Minister of Commerce

Let it hereby be known that, under the direction of Associate Justice Marzio Pedrotti, with all powers vested in him, has directed the following actions to be taken immediately by all administrative staff of the High Court of Honor:

I. From the present onward, that the Bylaws of the High Court of Honor be modified to include the "possibility of trial by jury at the request of either party, fearing potential discrepancies in the case."

II. That in any case where a justice of the High Court represents one party, that he is eligible to be replaced for the duration of that case with another individual, with preference granted to another justice.

III. The composition of all cases deemed fit for a jury shall be a modification to the present system of trial, the composition shall be as such, that

a. There shall be two justices of the court present, with no action for either side in the case prior to judgement and six jurors appointed by at least one justice,
b. There shall be no less than two jurors taken from within His Majesty's government, and shall not include any individual directly party to the case, either as a defendant, plaintiff, or advocatto,
c. There shall be no more than three jurors who affiliate themselves directly with any one given party,
d. Jurors can not have any black marks against their record, either in cases of honor or crime;​

IV. The jury for the case of GRIMANI v. BONARETTI, as the first case on the docket, shall henceforth be named as, with their consent,

Associate Justice Pedrotti ((Firehound15)) - HCoH
Associate Justice Cignetti ((Lyonessian)) - HCoH
Minister of Commerce Cavalieri ((Otto of England)) - I Trad
Minister of War Amat ((Marschalk)) - I Trad
Minister of Finance Gabriele ((99KingHigh)) - Il Gran
Carlo Agostino Uleri ((DensleyBlair)) - Independent
Lucius Vico Balbo ((Noco19)) - I Praet
Roberto Comaudi ((Dish of Fish)) - I Praet

Plaintiff: Luciano Salvatore d'Manin-Grimani ((G.K.))

Defendant: Giacomo Bonaretti ((AndreMassena))

Advocattos: None Reported​

For further reference, the docket is:

i. GRIMANI v. BONARETTI

ii.GRIMANI v. CIGNETTI

Last edited:
Second Chamber Gag Bill: No
Amendment to the Proper Administration Act:
Regulation of Military Martial Law Bill:
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment:
Budget of 1851: Mi astengo
Repeal the State Correspondence Bill: No
Dignity of Parliament Bill:

[Politico]
[Great Educator: +100%]

The Rt. Hon. Don Carlo Agostino Uleri, M.P.
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

Private – The Hon. Sig. Justice Pedrotti

Most Honoured and Learned Signor,

I today received instruction that I my services are desired as a member of the jury for the case of Grimani versus Bonaretti. Whilst loth to give the impression that I am at all shying away from public service, I feel that my presence on the jury on this occasion would not be within the best interests of the spirit of the law, and further would give possibility for the ultimate judgement of the court to be impaired by partiality. Noting that I would be the fifth member of the sitting Ministry to hold a position within the body as it currently stands, and noting also that this would constitute a majority of the panel potentially holding some form of allegiance to the dependent in the aforementioned case, I am of the opinion that, in the interests of upholding the free nature of the law and the judiciary from political interest, I must regretfully and humbly ask that I be excused from service on this occasion.

I offer my most profound apologies should this request be of too great an inconvenience to yourself, and must stress that it is only out of a desire to avoid leaving the Court open to accusations of partiality that I make this request. Naturally, should you, Signor, deem that my presence is required at a future hearing in which I hold no vested interest, I should be only too willing to oblige.

Please accept this expression of my sentiments with the highest regard,

The Rt. Hon. Don Carlo Agostino Uleri, M.P.
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

Chamber Gag Bill II: Nay
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Nay
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Aye
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Aye
Official Budget for 1851: Aye
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Aye
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Aye

[Politician]
[Opera Don +100% PP]

Dear Justice Pedrotti,

With the utmost gratitude, do I humbly accept your invitiation to serve on His Majesty's loyal jury. Justice is the forefront of political stability and the key in maintaining a cohesive society.

The Rt. Hon. Don Claudio Gabriele de Valperga, M.P, Minister of Commerce, OSFS​

X550ctR.gif

L'Ape
The Modern Journal of Literature and Current Affairs

By Jove,
by Frederico del Idra

Might Jove's arrows strike twice on that same shore
Of the mighty Tiber where God abides?
Never taken by Tatar or the Moore,
But by the Magyar and his impious lies.

Might a city on a hill rise again,
Over Saint Peter's holy rock?
To stand and exorcise the Saracen,
from where once Emperors did walk.

Can we rebuild Jerusalem's temple,
And retake the holyland our birthright?
Or has our nature grown weak and gentle,
And incapable of vigorous might?

Can we bring about a heavenly reign?
Will trumpets sound to bring down Jericho's walls?
Or has Delilah shorn our lion's mane
And left our new Babylon as it falls?

Who will restore rule by le Christ Roi?
Rising from Piedmont, it is Savoy.

Last edited:
((Private - DensleyBlair))

Thank you for the prior warning Signore Uleri, and I appreciate your modesty and pursuit of justice without bias. While I do feel as though you may contribute value to the jury, it is under your own control whether you partake or not and will see fit to accept your request. Many of my colleagues agree that you would be a fine man for a jury, and I will assuredly seek you out as a juror on potential future occasions.

- Justice Marzio Pedrotti

((Public))

The replacement for Signore Uleri in the case of GRIMANI v. BONARETTI shall be:

Alberto Perrizini ((BelgiumRuler)) - La Lega

Old Ballot-

Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: No

New Ballot-

Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Si

After discussing the proposal with the honorable Signor Vaccarello, I implore my ideological allies to support the Regulation of Military Martial Law. This bill is a necessary boon for our growing regional system and a necessary step to protect the rights of the local landed gentry.

I would also like to announce that Marchese Alberto Asinari di San Marzano ((Plutonium95)) shall become the new Delegate to the Holy See.

-Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

viimanelotildeppprovencigavaumlike_zps7e18fbd4.jpg

Old Ballot: Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: No

New Ballot: Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Yes

[Aristocrat]
[Senator, +25% PP,
Duke, +100% PP
]

-His Grace Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien, Duca of Provence and Barone of Rubicon, Praetor of Savoy and Senator for Life
Order of Saint Francis de Sales, Second Class

Old ballot:
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Nay
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Nay

[Demagogue]
[No Bonbonus]

New ballot:
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Aye
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Aye

[Demagogue]
[Bonuses do not come to those who ask for them]

- Praetor Don Alessandro Sardegno di Sardegna