• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chamber Gag Bill II: Yes
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: No
Bill for the Regulation of the Military Martial Law: No
Judical Organisation and Hierarchy Amendment: No
Official Budget for 1851: Yes
Repeal the State Correspobdence Act: Yes
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Yes

[Politician]
[No Bonus]

-Eugenio Maria Amadeo di Barnardi

Chamber Gag Bill II: Nay
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Aye
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Aye
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Aye
Official Budget for 1851: Aye

Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Nay
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Nay

[Demagogue]
[No Bonbonus]

((Private - His Majesty's Ministers and the General Staff))

I do support the idea of our Minister of War to build forts on the border of our Kingdom, but the forts on the French border will be useless. If the French Government wished to attack us, they would overrun our defence in Nice and Savoie without trouble, for our provincial troops could not be reinforced, for His Majesty, King Charles Albert, thought that dividing our Armed Forces over the provinces would help our defence... [Raffaele mumbels]... yet it did not and will never work. Thus if the French Armed Forces started an organised campaign against us, we would - if we are lucky - be able to stop their advance near the outskirts of Torino. Thus I advise the Minister of War to not build forts on the French Border and agonize the French Government, for the French Armed Forces would be able to destroy any and all construction they might deem threatening without any meaningfull resistance of the Provincial Armies and if they let us finish these forts, they would be outdated and we would not be able to station meaningfull defense in these forts, for our Provincial Armies are too small and too divided to garrason these forts. Thus I advise His Majesty's most trustworthy and capable Ministers to forfeit the idea of building forts on the French border, for it would cost us nearly 43 000 - which in it self is a reason to forfeit the plans - and it will have little to no use - save the agonization of the French Government.

On another note, I wish to ask for the permission to create a military order of Knighthood for Sardinia-Piedmontese soldiers who fought and still fight every day in the overseas parts of our Kingdom, the Order will be called the Ordine coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piemonte (Colonial Order of the Star of Sardinia-Piedmonte) and a Medal of Service for the Tunesian Campaign named the Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago (Sardinian-Piedmontese Medal of the War of Carthago), this Medal will be awarded to every soldier who fought in Tunis during the War of Carthago and will have no ranks. The Ordine coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piemonte will have 5 ranks, Knight Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander, Officer and Knight and will be awarded to soldiers as recognisition of their honourable and important service in the parts of the Kingdom beyond the sea and, of course, His Majesty will be Knight Grand Cross and Head of the Order. I wish to recommend Maggior Generale Vitali, Requiescat in Pace, for the rank of Commander in the Ordinie coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piedmonte and of course he will recieve the Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago. I wish to recommend Alessandro di Collegno, Luciano d'Manin-Grimani, Sebastian della Pac and myself for the rank of Officer in the
Ordinie coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piedmonte and the
Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago, for leading in the Tunesian Campaign and some of us going beyon the call of duty to protect the honour of His Majesty Charles Albert and the Kingdom and the Armed Forces of Sardinia Piedmonte.

Generale d'Ésercito Raffaele Alighieri, HM's Chief of Staff, CML CSG CEE CSJ KSM

Last edited:
((Private - His Majesty's Ministers and the Chief of Army))

The Chief of the Army has painted a sad picture of our vulnerability, is he intending to take any measures to address this situation? If he believes that current division of armies is detrimental to our security, it is his patriotic duty to table such opinions to His Majesty and seek to alter this If he believes that our provincial armies are too small, he should take measures to increase their size and efficiency.

I must note that, while not wishing to resurrect the sad shadows of the past, the Tunisian campaign was considered, in the public opinion, as badly fought and organized, having lost us thousands and thousands of young lifes. General Pes was dismissed by His Majesty for his bad leadership and planning during the campaign, and the Viscount of Collegno and General Grimani both have lost major battles, their corps being literally destroyed. For a several years after that they were the aim of the public fury, rumored to be "beaten by inferiors".

I believe that rewarding this people for their failures during this sad expedition now can only lead to problems and tensions between the army and society - and lead to even more criticisms towards the respectable generals.

It must be noted that creation of orders of chivalry is the sole prerogative of His Majesty.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

Last edited:
Chamber Gag Bill II: Si
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Si
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: No
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Si
Official Budget for 1851: Si
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Si
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Si

[Aristocrat]
[No bonus]

- Conte Alvaro Vienta di Numancia d'Ivrea, Officer of Censorship

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OFFICER OF CENSORSHIP, THE COUNT OF IVREA

By all powers invested in me by Conte Bonaretti,
I award a press license to the Croce Bianca, which is to be effective immediately.​

Last edited:
Chamber Gag Bill II: No
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Yes
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Yes
Official Budget for 1851: Yes
The Dignity of the Parliament Act: Yes

~ Conte Maximillian von Habsburg-Lorraine d'Annecy

[Aristocrat]
[Bonuses? Who needs them]

Chamber Gag Bill II: Si
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Nay

As a firm supporter of the separation of powers envisioned in our Constitution, I cannot agree with the sway the legislatures would have over the executive even on the regional level and, therefore, cannot vote for this draft act.

The use of military law in civilian areas an exraordinary circumstance demanded by extraordinary matters - such as energetic revolutionary agitation in the area. I believe that it competely reasonable that the civilian authorities, that are entrusted with the upkeep of the law and order in the country by His Majesty himself, should have a say in evaluation of the circumstances, when and whether it is to be applied.

We must thank my enlightened friend, Count Sforza, who has drafter the main parts of this bill.

[Aristocrat]
[Senator: +25%; Battling the Hydra: +50%]

Old ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Si

As a firm supporter of the separation of powers envisioned in our Constitution, I cannot agree with the sway the legislatures would have over the executive even on the regional level and, therefore, cannot vote for this draft act.

The use of military law in civilian areas an exraordinary circumstance demanded by extraordinary matters - such as energetic revolutionary agitation in the area. I believe that it competely reasonable that the civilian authorities, that are entrusted with the upkeep of the law and order in the country by His Majesty himself, should have a say in evaluation of the circumstances, when and whether it is to be applied.

We must thank my enlightened friend, Count Sforza, who has drafter the main parts of this bill.

New ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Si

[Aristocrat]
[Senator: +25%; Mastermind: +50%]

((Got the name of my bonus wrong the first time!))

Chamber Gag Bill II: Nay
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Aye
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Abstain
Official Budget for 1851: Abstain
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Nay
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Abstain

[Industrialist]
[Foresight +50% PP]

~ Ernesto Granelli, Corporazione Presidente of Il Piedmonte Manifattura Corporazione

All votes: Abstain

[Militarist]
[Nada]

~ Major General Napoleone d'Auria, Commander of the Third Corps

((also,considering the new military mechanics, should I post what mah boahs are doing? If so, they're policing beautiful Savoy))

Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: No
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Abstain
Official Budget for 1851: Abstain
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: No
Dignity of the Parliament Act: No

[Politician]
[No Bonus]

- del Idra

((Private - IPMC))

My vote shall be as follows:

Accept New Offer for Use of the Societá Hermes' Railroads: Aye

Voting is now closed. The result is as follows:

Accept New Offer for Use of the Societá Hermes' Railroads: 4/0/0 (100% PASSES)

The IPMC shall be using the Societá Hermes' railroads under the terms of the negotiated deal.

~ Ernesto Granelli, Corporazione Presidente of Il Piedmonte Manifattura Corporazione

((Private - Societá Hermes))

I wish to inform you that the partners of the IPMC have accepted the deal that was negotiated. It has been a pleasure doing business with you and I hope to see further cooperation between our corporations in the future.

((Private - I Pretoriani))

I would like to announce that I am droping out of the race for party leadership

Vote for Party Leader: Ernesto Granelli

((What about the THE PARLIAMENTARY REORGANIZATION ACT?))

Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Yes
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Yes
Official Budget for 1851: No
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Abstain

[Industrialist]
[Trading in Wine, +20% PP]

Official Budget for 1851: Abstain --> Nay

[Industrialist]
[Foresight +50% PP]

((To The Officer of Censorship))

As a deputy and gentleman in good standing, I request a press license for a general interest journal, L'Ape.
- Frederico del Idra, Deputy

((to the officer of censorship))

as a deputy and gentleman in good standing, i request a press license for a general interest journal, l'ape.
- frederico del idra, deputy

OFFICE OF CENSORSHIP, CONTE D'IVREA

We will be glad to give you a press license as soon as possible, however, the Office of Censorship requires to know the motives, ideologies and goals of the apparent project.

- Conte d'Ivrea

Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Abstain
Bill for the Regulation of the Military Martial Law: Abstain
Judical Organisation and Hierarchy Amendment: Yes
Official Budget for 1851: No
Dignity of the Parliament Act:No

[Demagogue]
[No bonuses]

- Frederico Mopurgo