• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"No results found for:"
How'd you go about it? You gotta go to advanced search, enter the forumite you wanna check up on in 'posted by' and sort by date.

Like so:

1709197158069.png

Should work.

That user hasn't posted anything - thus you cannot find any posts by them ;)
You may locate them here though:
1709199187808.png

Scroll down a bit and you'll find a search box for members:
1709199246545.png

Reactions:
While I don't share the common aversion to the dreaded red x, I do think empty/inactive/0-post accounts having access to reactions is questionable.

• 3Like
Reactions:
That user hasn't posted anything - thus you cannot find any posts by them ;)
You may locate them here though:
View attachment 1087505

Scroll down a bit and you'll find a search box for members:
View attachment 1087506
"Oops! We ran into some problems./This member limits who may view their full profile."

All that does is confirm that the account exists, which I already know because I've been sniped by them in the first place.

I do think empty/inactive/0-post accounts having access to reactions is questionable.
Reactions are a means of expressing your opinion. Granted, it's not really a sophisticated way of doing so but I don't see any issues with users opting for this method.
Then there's the issue of OT in which posts are not counted.

All that does is confirm that the account exists, which I already know because I've been sniped by them in the first place.
I'll take a look. Generally if you are feeling "sniped" by someone's reaction pattern you may report them as excessive downvoting is against the rules. Any further communication about this particular topic will happen in private as we'd cross PDMA territory otherwise.

Reactions:
Reactions are a means of expressing your opinion. Granted, it's not really a sophisticated way of doing so but I don't see any issues with users opting for this method.
Then there's the issue of OT in which posts are not counted.
I'm very much pro-reaction simply as a means of noise reduction (counterintuitive though that may sound).
But for completely silent accounts - silent as in zero posts including the OT - meaning empty searches as above - not so much.
I have to confess I did suspect once or twice in the past years that some few sorry sods actually made extra accounts solely for that very purpose.
It's not huge issue, but all the same.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ok, to sum it up:
The issue here in general is that people may use reactions although they didn't contribute in any other way to the forum. I can see that this could be problematic.

In the context of this conversation it's not about a specific user but about the general situation.

However, if you are having issues with individual user's reactions, please feel free to report them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
To be clear, I did not come here to complain about one specific user. I complained after a few such incidents with different users. I only gave that specific user's name because I was irritated by the implication that I didn't know how to use the search function. My complaint was and is generic.

Reactions:
A reaction related suggestion - can the icon for the "helpful" reaction be something more distant from the icon in the "Report" button? I got one earlier and I initially couldn't see the difference between "i in a circle" versus "! in a circle" and thought I had broken some rule. I don't post to the forums often so it took me a while to realise it was a reaction.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A reaction related suggestion - can the icon for the "helpful" reaction be something more distant from the icon in the "Report" button? I got one earlier and I initially couldn't see the difference between "i in a circle" versus "! in a circle" and thought I had broken some rule. I don't post to the forums often so it took me a while to realise it was a reaction.
When your post gets reported you won't notice it unless we moderators consider the report justified and give you a warning. In which case you will (hopefully) notice it as it's accompanied by a personal message in your inbox here in the forum and an email.

That being said, making the icons more distinct isn't a bad idea. Maybe make the report-"! in circle" a "! in triangle"?
1709809797394.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
When your post gets reported you won't notice it unless we moderators consider the report justified and give you a warning. In which case you will (hopefully) notice it as it's accompanied by a personal message in your inbox here in the forum and an email.

That being said, making the icons more distinct isn't a bad idea. Maybe make the report-"! in circle" a "! in triangle"?
View attachment 1090214

Putting the i in a triangle is a good one, yeah. It might also help to have a hover tooltip too for the reactions?

It might also help to have a hover tooltip too for the reactions?
There is already one.
1709815610146.png

/edit: Note that the display of the name here next to the reaction is a moderator feature, so nothing you are missing

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is already one.
View attachment 1090277

/edit: Note that the display of the name here next to the reaction is a moderator feature, so nothing you are missing
Offtopic: Now that my name's on this, I thought it was funny to react to this particular suggestion with the offending "i in a circle" (rather than "like" or "agree"). I'm glad to see that two other people felt the same way.

Most threads, like this one, have a +FOLLOW button at the top that allows one to get notifications for new messages without posting in the thread. Dev diaries don't have that button. Could it be added?

Reactions:
Most threads, like this one, have a +FOLLOW button at the top that allows one to get notifications for new messages without posting in the thread. Dev diaries don't have that button. Could it be added?
I hadn't noticed it had been removed. Makes me wonder why that is.
Does seem very much needed, as otherwise you'll have people just post something senseless to get it subscribed, and avoiding senseless posts was teh entire reason the reaction system was added, to get rid of the countless +1 posts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's a minor thing, but the designation as 'new' seems to be set for almost every forum and tile including titles that are rumored to get sequels already ^^

1710837535397.png

Last edited: