• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I notice quite often that megathreads like "Post your CK3 empire" and "The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread" periodically appear on the first page of user threads. Personally, these threads are not at all interesting to me. Give me the option to hide them so they don't take up screen space.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some games AAR forums appear to NOT be accessible via the

AARs, LPs, and Fanfiction - General Discussions​

subforum and only via the game specific forum.

Like the AAR subforum for CK2 and EU3 for example.
That's sad....

PS:
Oh wait....
While i just realised they are accessible, they only are visible once you go into the CK3 and EU4 AAR subforums.
Nothing hints at the fact the earlier game variant AAR subforums are inside there.

Changing the title of the AAR subforums then to CK I-III and EU I -IV would help or you make these subforums seperate
again and visible at the first level after going into the "AAR, LPs and Fanfiction" subforum.

A bit arbitrary, especialy given that it's not the case with HoI and Vic AAR subforums.
Paradoxical and confusing , so to speak.

Reactions:
I wish that there was a way to search in just one game's forum. For example, I just wanted to search in bug reports for Cities: Skylines 2, but I ended up having to search the whole forums site since the only search bar is for the whole site and doesn't let you filter down to just a single game/category (or at least, it's not obvious how to filter by game/category).

I wish that there was a way to search in just one game's forum. For example, I just wanted to search in bug reports for Cities: Skylines 2, but I ended up having to search the whole forums site since the only search bar is for the whole site and doesn't let you filter down to just a single game/category (or at least, it's not obvious how to filter by game/category).
Once you click into the search box a search options window opens below it.
There click on "Everywhere" , then select "This forum" from the dropdown menu.

Last edited:
Reactions:
For reference:
1704197323352.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please fix the spam filter, the forums refuse to let me even ask a one-sentence question because its 'spam'
Please refer to this thread. The spam filter is at times somewhat over-zealous...

I am garnering feedback of ideas on what features we can enhance or add to the forums to make them easier to use, more fun or informative, post your ideas or comments below.

This is your opportunity to help shape the future of the forums and our community.
I am listening.
SUGGESTION: Allow Moderators to have reactions turned on by default. Add a radio button pop-up reminder when the moderator posts. The reminder asks the question if the post is a moderator post or a normal post.

WHY: The total number of positive reactions is an important measure of credibility. The reactions also provide feedback to the moderator as to the efficacy of their posts. The moderators have to go through multiple steps each time that they post to enable the reactions. The moderators deserve to have an easy method to receive reactions.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The total number of positive reactions is an important measure of credibility.
I'm honestly not sure that's true.
Its not that hard to get a lot of reactions. Like, I have over 7k and I'm honestly not sure where those came from.
Secondly, and way more importantly, just because somebody got positive reactions doesn't mean they're credible. They could have been posting cute cat pics and got love emojis from that while spreading ignorance in other threads.
And even if they are credible on some topics, it doesn't mean they are on others, and most won't be on most topics. As such, then you might well end up with somebody talking rubbish about say some EU4 issue despite having a high reaction score, because they're very knowledgeable about CK3, and you'd not have any way of knowing how they got their reactions.

The reactions also provide feedback to the moderator as to the efficacy of their posts
How so? And if its not mod posts, do they then need to necessarily be efficient?

• 1Like
Reactions:
SUGGESTION: Allow Moderators to have reactions turned on by default. Add a radio button pop-up reminder when the moderator posts. The reminder asks the question if the post is a moderator post or a normal post.

WHY: The total number of positive reactions is an important measure of credibility. The reactions also provide feedback to the moderator as to the efficacy of their posts. The moderators have to go through multiple steps each time that they post to enable the reactions. The moderators deserve to have an easy method to receive reactions.
I think it might be useful in some circumstances for mods to be able to make posts "without their moderator hat on".

However, I don't see why this should be the default, and I don't think that this is something that affects non-moderators that much, and I also don't want to make moderators' jobs more time-consuming without good reason. (Remember that some mods are volunteers, not Pdx staff. And also, "just one extra radio button" might have a big impact if that button is going to hit you hundreds of times a day.)

If mods want regular forumites to be able to leave reactions on their non-mod posts, I would support that. But I don't think it's appropriate for us regular folks to request the feature - it needs to come from mods themselves, or not at all.

Reactions:
I'm honestly not sure that's true.
Its not that hard to get a lot of reactions. Like, I have over 7k and I'm honestly not sure where those came from.
Secondly, and way more importantly, just because somebody got positive reactions doesn't mean they're credible. They could have been posting cute cat pics and got love emojis from that while spreading ignorance in other threads.
And even if they are credible on some topics, it doesn't mean they are on others, and most won't be on most topics. As such, then you might well end up with somebody talking rubbish about say some EU4 issue despite having a high reaction score, because they're very knowledgeable about CK3, and you'd not have any way of knowing how they got their reactions.

How so? And if its not mod posts, do they then need to necessarily be efficient?
Perhaps you are right.

But the bottom line is the moderators shouldn't be inconvenienced by multiple steps for every post to enable reactions unlike regular users.

Reactions:
I think it might be useful in some circumstances for mods to be able to make posts "without their moderator hat on".

However, I don't see why this should be the default, and I don't think that this is something that affects non-moderators that much, and I also don't want to make moderators' jobs more time-consuming without good reason. (Remember that some mods are volunteers, not Pdx staff. And also, "just one extra radio button" might have a big impact if that button is going to hit you hundreds of times a day.)

If mods want regular forumites to be able to leave reactions on their non-mod posts, I would support that. But I don't think it's appropriate for us regular folks to request the feature - it needs to come from mods themselves, or not at all.
Per private conversation with a couple of moderators it was revealed to me the tedium of the steps required to enable reactions. Privately these moderators supported the suggestion before I posted the suggestion. They even took the time to thank me for my efforts. If you don't believe me, then please take the time to make your own private inquiries. Otherwise, be supportive and upvote this suggestion.

Reactions:
Per private conversation with a couple of moderators it was revealed to me the tedium of the steps required to enable reactions. Privately these moderators supported the suggestion before I posted the suggestion. They even took the time to thank me for my efforts. If you don't believe me, then please take the time to make your own private inquiries. Otherwise, be supportive and upvote this suggestion.
Yeah, sorry, no.

If you want to make a change to the status quo, you need to be the one who justifies it. Trying to turn it around like this is effectively asking me to "prove a negative" (not impossible but usually exceptionally difficult). Not only that, but you're asking me to go out and do a ton of work before you've demonstrated even one relevant person (ie. mod) who wants this change.

(NB: I'm not saying that having one mod in favour would be enough to change my view - there must be hundreds on the forum, and this change would impact all of them - but the fact you haven't even got one speaks volumes...)

Reactions:
We are and we do. Like this one.
(Compare to the post by me above and you'll see the difference)

/edit: That being said, I'd prefer to have reactions on by default at my non-moderator posts and off at my moderator posts. I'm not sure if this is even possible with the forum's software.
I know of other moderators who would prefer having them on for all posts by default. However, as far as I know, no-one likes it the way it currently is (off for both).
If I had to choose between "all default on" and "all default off" I'd prefer the former as I generally make more posts without my "moderator hat" on - but that's not universally true for all moderators.

Anyways, @Mister Analyst thanks for the suggestion :)

/edit:
Remember that some mods are volunteers,
All who are "only" moderators and nothing else are volunteers, afaik.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I don't know if this is proper place to post this.

It's still not possible to select "Arms Against Tyranny" dlc in bug report for Hearts of Iron 4, and soon we will have "Trial of Allegiance".

Maybe one of moderators should set alarm clock for new dlc release date, to add "ToA" as selectable dlc for bug reports.

People with hidden profiles should not be allowed to red cross anyone. It's cowardly and not the least bit respectful.
I don't understand what one has to do with the other. The profile page doesn't really show much additional useful information anyways, does it?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't understand what one has to do with the other. The profile page doesn't really show much additional useful information anyways, does it?
I guess it depends if you see seeing their posting and reaction history as useful or not. But there's something infuriating about being sniped by these gutless wonders.

I guess it depends if you see seeing their posting and reaction history as useful or not. But there's something infuriating about being sniped by these gutless wonders.
I don't get it, but you can still view their post history via advanced search if that helps.