• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well maybe youre using the older version, cuz this isnt published yet, i think ill release it during this week or so. In either case feel free to send me pm and ill help you figure it out. If you have MSN that might work better.

Rome Reborn!

2011-03-20_00004.jpg

...Still not that impressive compared to the rather terrifying ottomans next door.

What is that mod DanubianCossack is using?

Its Italy... no wait :)

EU3_20-1.jpg

One of my best games yet. Got almost all Italian provinces, the one I missed out on didn't really bother me since it is poor as dirt compared to the rest. Also, all buildings built except a few in Trenton, which I only acquired about 10 years before the end of game. Even some of the ones I consider useless I built, just because I was getting over 5 magistrates per year.

Also interesting to note that I've ruthlessly ran settlement policy to promote Cosmopolitan culture, the majority of Italian culture has been assimilated. Even took the extra colonist NI just so I could run 5 settlement policies at the same time. Ancona had SP for over 200 years and it still never assimilated though. Some of the others did in less than 20 though. Roma and Lombardia included :) Actually Roma is my capitol now also.

Not only extended Cosmopolitan culture far and wide, but also share the same dynasty with France, and also allied as well. We've been buddies since about halfway through the game, despite the fact they are protestant and I'm catholic.

HRE emperor as well, and it might as well be hereditary because I have 4 of the 6 electors vassalized. 2 of them diplomatically, and the other 2 as released vassals from imperial gains.

Also interesting to note that I never westernized nor reformed the military, yet my eastern military totally dominated any and everything, and despite only being at 85% research efficiency, I outtech everyone easily. Only minors are even close, and for the first time ever I actually got to tech level 70 in all categories. It was actually never possible for me to westernize because I never fell far enough behind.

EU3_23-1.jpg

As you can see, even before 1500, I led the world in income, mostly due to my trade policies and slider moves. Then in the end game, once my infamy burned off, you can see it going exponential. The game ended with Cyprus raking in over 15,000 income per year. Next closest was the OE at around 1/3 of that.

Last edited:
puc1s.png

After a few reloads , I finally succedeed! :D
and those bastards in Crete , they broke the alliance as soon as they could after i freed them from the hungarians , they like to dow me without a CB , and i pwn them with my ally Bulgaria!

I can't form Greece as BYZ is still around ...

I posted earlier in this thread, but it is 1649 and I am getting rather bored of this save.

If you missed my last post, my goal was to create a colonial empire with Frankfurt, and I think it was a success.

Personally, I think Frankfurtian Gold looks better than Castillian/Spanish Yellow in the Americas :p

Notice I don't actually own Frankfurt anymore. I lost it to Austria in a war...

theknights.jpg

*sigh* Need more ships, and I'm already running at nearly 4x my land forcelimit and over twice my naval forcelimit, and only have 2 cores to build units at. The Ottomans just had to pick this game to not suck....

The only reason I'm even alive at this point is that the one time they declared war on me, my 3 ship fleet (consisting of 2 galleys and a cog) somehow managed to win against their 20ish ship fleet, capturing a few in the process. Their navy then contented itself with patrolling the Bosporus for the rest of the war.

Oh man, you're so annexed. ;-) Unless Austria bails you out.

Personally, I think Frankfurtian Gold looks better than Castillian/Spanish Yellow in the Americas :p
Meh, Achaean gold is even better!

Speaking of gold, you really should take those Aztec gold provinces before they are French!

Here's my Castile --> Malaya, for the lolz. It's like 1550.

2a9o3eu.gif

Stupid Hansa are already in my Philippines :mad:

Oh and cool stuff, Scotland and Morocco together destroyed England. Morocco later lost their British territory, but half of the island is still Sunni.

I also like the Ottoman Empire who went back to their Turkic homelands, and that Hansa and Austria are the main AI colonizers :D

Last edited: