• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
LordLeto, how did you made irish culture on Britain. Doesn't it need to be a border province with this culture to make settlement policy?

For the settlement policy all the province needs is to border the provice where you have your National Focus, border w/ a same culture province is not required.

didn't nou dat. thanks mate.

Its quite handy. After planting two settlement policys in Scotland and N England I skipped Derby and went straight for Oxfordshire because it bordered the most provinces(for the random "Cultural Assimilation" event spread) and I could work on London once I annexed it. I had the interesting situation of the 'core' of England being Irish before the closest coasts. Little gamey but I was rather determined and it was litterally down to the buzzer, Wessex didn't flip till 1818.

Tried to imitate the real world :)
Capital New York City.

21dmk93.jpg
...Huh, what?
Jerusalem. :D
LOL best zionist joke I've heard in my life hot damn :rofl:

Byzantium endgame

This is the end of my Byzantium game. My original idea was to redo Justiniano´s conquests and convert everything to orthodox, but in the middle I also tried to change culture as much as possible. In the beginning I was trying to keep as Empire, but it was very difficult to westernize and modernize units with crap rulers. Maybe another day. I also got an earlier save where i´ll go a diferent direction.

Political. The closest it seems to be to my objetive
eu31j.png

Religion
eu32v.png

Out of HRE
eu33.png

Revolt Risk
eu36.png

Culture
eu34.png

Tech and NI
65943726.png

Ledger
eu314.png

Ledger2
88888494.png

Wider political
eu37v.png

World
eu3mapbyz1821111.png

Here's my first completed game ever, after playing EU3 since launch time in 2007 ; done in my own version of CanOmer's DAO (while waiting for MEIOU to come around).

I started with Fujiwara and united Japan around 1550, then proceeded to spread the shinto faith and establish myself as a reasonable force on a global scale.
These first moves included the force conversion of the Khmer Kingdom, and its vassalization in a following war. They've helped me stabilize and convert the region ever since.
I managed to inherit the thrones of Korea, Brunei and Orissa.
My long-time ally, Novgorod, have finally formed Russia in 1785.

I did not westernize and was amazed to pull out a few things, like getting first to South Africa.
I still have some colonies (New Zealand, Pacific islands, Southern California) but all my provinces are shinto, and every city has been cored since at least a hundred years (except from the indian provinces, from a recent inheritance).

There you go, the classic two maps of the world, plus a close-up showing my allies and vassal.

112358.30846.jpg
112358.30848.jpg
112358.30847.jpg

A few notable things:
- The reformation is quite a failure, with the only exception of a big reformed power being mega Russia, with all provinces calvinist.
- The USA (all the coastline of the thirteen colonies) consists of former hannoverian colonies from the Hansa, now all at 10 inhabitants.
- Mexico's in Mexico, Brazil's in Brazil, Venezuela was in Venezuela, and except from a few hundred kilometres, every colonial revolter ended up in the right place.

As a side note, the last Fujiwara emperor of Japan died in 1798, much to my sadness. :(

Well, thanks, I was eager to post my very first finished game, so I thought my hurry/laziness would show! :p

About the mod, it's not finished (it's playable and all, but not yet to the point I would like it to be), and I'm supposed to be working for gigau now, so I wasn't going to.
But I guess if you want it, I can send it to you (now or upon completion), of course! :)

I wouldn't know, I'm no AI! ;)
But here's a guess: because the devs did a good job at keeping a fractured Japan under warring daimyos? Maybe something could have done to end that, past a certain date/event/point, I don't know.

Well, thanks, I was eager to post my very first finished game, so I thought my hurry/laziness would show! :p

About the mod, it's not finished (it's playable and all, but not yet to the point I would like it to be), and I'm supposed to be working for gigau now, so I wasn't going to.
But I guess if you want it, I can send it to you (now or upon completion), of course! :)
Thanks, I want it.

More snake.

14alw92.jpg

2uepk4h.jpg

Burgundy is Emperor and has passed Erbkaisertum, thus I left the Empire.
(We're allied, now, though, since I bribed them into good relations.)
Next steps will probably be Ottomans via Serbia and Astrakhan via Ukraine (and Salzburg).