• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Golden Horde. No government reform.

C3B046E397B35FCBAA9DEC425B508779A827A522

9152CDA9822E4E8493E13F06D7562642FA7E8A31

A119536BDC1EEE50FDB50A009901183C8AA3BD06

How did you manage to conquer the Americas and Japan? Particularly Japan, considering how buggy the Shogunate disbanding event can be.

EDIT: Also, how did you deal with the HRE formal requests? I've been thinking of trying out a GH game myself, but have been holding back because of that.

3CBBE85F5696EEAE8F979006A32C59952F32CDC0

Brunni occupied that little island to the north of Japan. I bordered Brunni, took the island then Horde-warred my way through Japan. The shogunate didn't disband but it doesn't matter, I ate shoguns and Japanese Emperor alike as per normal.

The HRE was a right ball ache. I declared on another horde while fighting the HRE as that stops the formal requests but Hainout fled to the new world remaining an elector and Genoa was reduced to Corsica. Cosica was their island capital and I wasn't able to disband the HRE until I occupied it decades later by bordering them in the Americas.

Yeah, decades of not getting the -0.08WE "peace" because I was at war with another horde. Not great for when I was fighting total war.

we have a proverb in my country, the English translation would be something like "a raven never gouges out other ravens' eyes" :)

That or the fact that I didn't know until today that vassals couldn't declare war on their own.

My OE game, a few years after a major war with Austria. They DoW me (holly war) and I was able to beat them using scorched earth tactic. After reaching a WE of more than 20 they agreed to let me administer their territories on the north coast of the Black Sea.
EU3_OE3.jpg
Look at the top countries with the biggest armies:
EU3_OE4.jpg
Bohemia had the HRE crown. Burgundy and Aragon were winning their battles with France and Castille which is unusual. Hansa and Pommerania were doing great also.
After some time my empire look like this:
EU3_OE1.jpg
I now lead a PU with Oman. Bohemia expanded eastward, Austria has now the HRE crown but Burgundy still has the biggest army:
EU3_OE2.jpg
I am waiting now to westernize in order to expand westward.

That Golden Horde is indeed impressive !

Münster or Burgundy ?