• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Administrative Republic. Aachen combines the struggle of a landlocked OPM inside the HRE with comperatively ease of expansion, afterall you can spend most of your time with a DIP 9 Ruler and get "Claims on our Rivals" ridiculously often.

Administrative Republic. Aachen combines the struggle of a landlocked OPM inside the HRE with comperatively ease of expansion, afterall you can spend most of your time with a DIP 9 Ruler and get "Claims on our Rivals" ridiculously often.

You're overestimating that event. Being a monarchy in the HRE is still much better than republic or, even worse, theocracy.

You're overestimating that event. Being a monarchy in the HRE is still much better than republic or, even worse, theocracy.
If you are a Monarchy you still need luck to have weak (diplomatically isolated) neighbours with claimable thrones or strong allies, after that you need luck to inherit. That said, however, I agree with you, monarchies in the HRE are easier to play since you can become emperor (in my Aachen game I had to disband the empire at one point since it just bogged my expansion down) and PU everyone right and left. Still, Aachen is one of the easier HRE opms, their sliders are just amazing (except the mercantilism one, but thats easily changed).

Being monarchy in itself only has one advantage - legitimacy, being in HRE and monarchy again has only one advantage - PU and core giving inheritance regardless of culture;

However look at it from another angle, whats better:

Expansion which can be sort of random;

or

Expansion by attacking already-cored provinces combined with other advantages of republic?

Id go for the second choice i think, and not only for claim on our rivals event, but for other 2 or 3 core giving events influenced by DIP rating of your ruler.

Vijianagar!

Why you choose Aachen btw?
Never played it before, and the wiki didn't have a guide for them yet. Besides, Charlemagne!
Probably because it has the most advanced government of all countries in 1399.
The government is also nice, yes. You should try releasing Danzig (constitutional republic!) early though, lotsa fun.
No luck, got COOR for the first time around 1550 :(

Heres what ive been up to:

I think i did pretty well for 1399. start. Had a huge war over Siena with Haffsids, their navy simply roflstopmed Godzilla style mine, those damn Berber pirates!!! But i managed to pull out with a victory (although i had -4% war score) because one of their neighbors - i think Marnids - decided to jump in and have some fun. Right now i have a mission to annex Sardinia, but i dont wanna do it just yet, waiting for Spain to crush Aragon so i can get both provinces from mission.

Oh and yeah GH has been nasty crushing everyone last 25 years. You can see them kicking some PolishLithuanian butts in the N-E part of the screen.

Aachen.jpgAachenasia.jpgAachennourthamerica.jpgAachenocean.jpgAachensouthamerica.jpg

Edit: no cheats promise!

eu352.png

I have recaptured Sicily for the Glory of the Patriarchate.

I am now trying to convert Jueda and Roma into the ranks of Orthodox.

With the mission of Restoring the Pentarchy - I and Russia (if they begin to like me) will wipe clean the Catholic Empires of the West.

eu353.png